During the coming winter season, I would like to take my car from San Antonio and start going east. I have 2 weeks starting Dec. 20th and 3 cities I absolutely would like to visit are Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC. New Orleans would be great too since I think it's on route to those cities.
I am a european guy working in San Antonio, so I am not that familiar with any nice cities in the southeast. So to not miss out on any of all beautiful towns, I would like to ask your help with what cities I can visit after Charleston SC. The idea is to after hitting those cities, returning to the west, to San Antonio but with the possibility to stop in whatever city you can recommand.
Are there places I could spend Christmas and/or New Year's eve? Laidback, casual or hip places, it doesn't really matter.
I like culture, architecture, music, outdoor things, food and drinks but also doing absolutely nothing/relaxing.
Round trip from San Antonio - Would like to go to Savannah,GA/Charleston, SC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast in December
- 2 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 6 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 7 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 8 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 9 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 Florida St George's Island
- 12 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 13 Washington DC in Spring?
- 14 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 15 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Weekend in NYC
- 21 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 25 Breckenridge in October