During the coming winter season, I would like to take my car from San Antonio and start going east. I have 2 weeks starting Dec. 20th and 3 cities I absolutely would like to visit are Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC. New Orleans would be great too since I think it's on route to those cities.
I am a european guy working in San Antonio, so I am not that familiar with any nice cities in the southeast. So to not miss out on any of all beautiful towns, I would like to ask your help with what cities I can visit after Charleston SC. The idea is to after hitting those cities, returning to the west, to San Antonio but with the possibility to stop in whatever city you can recommand.
Are there places I could spend Christmas and/or New Year's eve? Laidback, casual or hip places, it doesn't really matter.
I like culture, architecture, music, outdoor things, food and drinks but also doing absolutely nothing/relaxing.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii Trip in May
- 2 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 3 A week in NYC - first timers
- 4 DC -> Boulder
- 5 Wailea Restaurants?
- 6 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 7 Rome/Florence
- 8 Colorado - Photography
- 9 Cross-country roadtrip in Oct/Nov. SUV or full-size?
- 10 Where to stay in NYC
- 11 Road Trippin' in Texas
- 12 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 13 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 14 Tour of Fed bank NYC
- 15 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 16 Proposal in Siesta Key, FL
- 17 Help me with Sonoma Desert….
- 18 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 19 Epicurean Tour in Portland
- 20 Suggestion on my first visit to Grand Canyon
- 21 Oahu Trip Report (Aulani, North Shore, Manoa Valley, Hanauma Bay)
- 22 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 23 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 24 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 25 Driving from OKC, OK to Seattle, WA in the dead of winter..
Round trip from San Antonio - Would like to go to Savannah,GA/Charleston, SC