a friend of mine and I are planning our another trip to the United States. This time we've picked Chicago as a starting point.
So, we have some 16-17 days from mid-October till early November 2014.
We'd like to spend about 3-4 days in Chicago and make a trip by rented car to the neighboring cities/states. At the point we've worked out the following preliminary itinerary:
1 day - from Chicago to Cleveland
2 day - Cleveland. By the way, will the Rock'n'roll hall of Fame be interesting for those who are not big fans of clasic rock of 60-70's but are buffs of heavy music of 80's?
3 day - from Cleveland to Buffalo
4 day - hotel in Buffalo, trip from Buffalo to Niagara Falls and back
5 day - from Buffalo to Pittsburgh
6 day - from Pittsburgh to Columbus
7 day - Columbus
8 day - from Columbus to Indianapolis via Cincinnati(short tour through the city)
9 day - Indianapolis
10 day - from Indianapolis to Saint Louis
11 day - St. Louis
12 day - from St. Louis back to Chicago
13, 14, 15, 16 days - Chicago
The itinerary, as I said, is pretty raw and honestly I'm not sure it's the best possible one at all. We've never been midwest before and have very vague idea of the area. Suppose the nature in October must be great over there, right?
I (unlike my friend) have some qualms about St. Louis and Pittsburgh.. Maybe we should better visit Detroit instead? On the flip side I hear Detroit has fallen into decay recently and become not too safe city for tourists at all. True?
Also I've heard that Milwaukee offers the best beer in the USA. Is it worthwhile driving there almost 100 miles from Chicago to spend a night?
So, all in all, we still have more questions than answers concerning the journey)
The principal goal is to see as much of everything as possible and snag at least a couple of the NHL games)))
I'll appreciate a lot your advice/critics/suggestions on the subject.
Look forward to your feedback. Thank you.
P.S. Or maybe we better forget about Niagara Falls and head to Minnesota right from Chicago? (just occur to me looking at the map
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 2 Summer in Michigan
- 3 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 4 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 5 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 6 Glacier National Park
- 7 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 8 South east road trip
- 9 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 10 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 11 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 12 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 13 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 14 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 15 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 16 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 17 Any Sanibel experts?
- 18 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 19 Later Winter around Mobile
- 20 Rafting the Colorado
- 21 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 22 Florida keys trip
- 23 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 24 Coffee in Boston?
- 25 Nashville Never Been