I need to be in Cheboygan on business from Oct 4 thru 8. We've heard for years about how beautiful upper Michigan is and thought this might be the perfect opportunity to take a couple of extra days (probably Oct 1 thru 3) to see the area but I could use some advice. We like history, antiques, historical hotels/inns, and some nice restaurants. The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island looks wonderful but we don't want to spend the $500-$600 per night that I see on their website. Another thought was Traverse City since it looks like that might be an easy drive to/from the airport to my mtg in Cheyboygan. My husband and I would be flying in separately from Washington DC, and Nashville and would need airport access, with our destination preferably no more than a 2 -3 hour drive from the airport. Can you recommend some very nice, historical inns or a very nice hotel in the Traverse City area, or something on Mackinac that would fit the bill? Would Mackinac be too crowded at that time? Are there any elegant but rustic lodges overlooking the mountains or lakes somewhere in the area? As you can tell, I have lots of ideas of what we like, but not sure where to start looking. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Romantic Weekend in Upper Michigan
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 3 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 4 Universal studios/Orlando
- 5 San Diego parks and attractions
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 8 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 11 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 12 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 13 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 14 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 17 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 18 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 19 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 20 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 21 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 24 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 25 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings