I need to be in Cheboygan on business from Oct 4 thru 8. We've heard for years about how beautiful upper Michigan is and thought this might be the perfect opportunity to take a couple of extra days (probably Oct 1 thru 3) to see the area but I could use some advice. We like history, antiques, historical hotels/inns, and some nice restaurants. The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island looks wonderful but we don't want to spend the $500-$600 per night that I see on their website. Another thought was Traverse City since it looks like that might be an easy drive to/from the airport to my mtg in Cheyboygan. My husband and I would be flying in separately from Washington DC, and Nashville and would need airport access, with our destination preferably no more than a 2 -3 hour drive from the airport. Can you recommend some very nice, historical inns or a very nice hotel in the Traverse City area, or something on Mackinac that would fit the bill? Would Mackinac be too crowded at that time? Are there any elegant but rustic lodges overlooking the mountains or lakes somewhere in the area? As you can tell, I have lots of ideas of what we like, but not sure where to start looking. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Romantic Weekend in Upper Michigan
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA trip
- 2 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 3 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 4 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 5 Cape Cod in October
- 6 Air Connections on Maui
- 7 Theater Historians
- 8 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 9 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 10 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 11 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 12 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 13 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 14 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 15 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 16 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 17 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 18 Getaway
- 19 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 20 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 21 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 22 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 23 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 24 Boston hotel & transportation
- 25 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014