My husband and I are visiting some relatives in San Francisco the second week of January and want to sneak away for a night or two to celebrate my birthday. We were thinking of driving south, and wouldn't mind up to two or two and a half hours in the car.
We would like something unique, romantic and not too expensive (maybe around 150.00 per night). We'd prefer to avoid chains and crowded tourist areas. Lovely views would be great!
I know CA is expensive...does the perfect place exist for us?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Niagara Falls.
- 2 Trip Starting from New York
- 3 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 4 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 5 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 6 1st trip to Colorado
- 7 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 8 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 9 road trip during husbands bday
- 10 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 11 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 12 Juneau cruise stop
- 13 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 14 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 15 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 16 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 17 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 18 cruising the Mississippi river
- 19 Your favourite places in New York City
- 20 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 21 New England Canada Road Trip
- 22 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 23 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 24 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 25 Napa Valley Hotel
romantic, unique, affordable place to stay within two hours south of San Francisco??