My husband and I are visiting some relatives in San Francisco the second week of January and want to sneak away for a night or two to celebrate my birthday. We were thinking of driving south, and wouldn't mind up to two or two and a half hours in the car.
We would like something unique, romantic and not too expensive (maybe around 150.00 per night). We'd prefer to avoid chains and crowded tourist areas. Lovely views would be great!
I know CA is expensive...does the perfect place exist for us?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 2 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 3 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 4 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 5 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 6 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 7 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 8 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 9 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 10 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 11 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 12 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 13 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 14 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 15 November redwoods trip
- 16 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 17 Which island for R&R?
- 18 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 19 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 20 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 21 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 22 Yellowstone
- 23 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 24 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 25 San Antonio shopping
romantic, unique, affordable place to stay within two hours south of San Francisco??