My husband and I are visiting some relatives in San Francisco the second week of January and want to sneak away for a night or two to celebrate my birthday. We were thinking of driving south, and wouldn't mind up to two or two and a half hours in the car.
We would like something unique, romantic and not too expensive (maybe around 150.00 per night). We'd prefer to avoid chains and crowded tourist areas. Lovely views would be great!
I know CA is expensive...does the perfect place exist for us?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 2 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 3 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 4 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 5 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 6 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 7 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 8 florida gulf coast
- 9 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 10 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 11 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 12 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 13 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 14 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 15 Family Trip advice please?!
- 16 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 17 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 18 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 19 Road trip advice needed please
- 20 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 21 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 22 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 23 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 24 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 25 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
romantic, unique, affordable place to stay within two hours south of San Francisco??