My husband and I are visiting some relatives in San Francisco the second week of January and want to sneak away for a night or two to celebrate my birthday. We were thinking of driving south, and wouldn't mind up to two or two and a half hours in the car.
We would like something unique, romantic and not too expensive (maybe around 150.00 per night). We'd prefer to avoid chains and crowded tourist areas. Lovely views would be great!
I know CA is expensive...does the perfect place exist for us?
romantic, unique, affordable place to stay within two hours south of San Francisco??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 2 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 3 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 4 which river tour out of Haines, Alaska?
- 5 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 6 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 7 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 8 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 9 Miami Marlins
- 10 Florida or caribbean
- 11 Cross Country RV Trip
- 12 California
- 13 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 14 Northern California in February
- 15 New England September
- 16 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 17 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 18 Adventure Seeker/Artist in Seattle
- 19 Ackislander
- 20 Universal Orlando
- 21 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 22 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 23 Roadtrip in the deep south in August?
- 24 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 25 Portsmouth NH without a car