My husband and I are visiting some relatives in San Francisco the second week of January and want to sneak away for a night or two to celebrate my birthday. We were thinking of driving south, and wouldn't mind up to two or two and a half hours in the car.
We would like something unique, romantic and not too expensive (maybe around 150.00 per night). We'd prefer to avoid chains and crowded tourist areas. Lovely views would be great!
I know CA is expensive...does the perfect place exist for us?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 2 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 3 First Trip to Texas -
- 4 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 5 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 6 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 7 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 8 5 days in Colorado
- 9 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 10 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 11 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 12 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 13 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 14 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 15 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 16 New Hampshire
- 17 Things to do in Bakersfield
- 18 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 19 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 20 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 21 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 22 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 23 Beaches in Florida
- 24 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 25 Nashville Questions
romantic, unique, affordable place to stay within two hours south of San Francisco??