My husband and I are visiting some relatives in San Francisco the second week of January and want to sneak away for a night or two to celebrate my birthday. We were thinking of driving south, and wouldn't mind up to two or two and a half hours in the car.
We would like something unique, romantic and not too expensive (maybe around 150.00 per night). We'd prefer to avoid chains and crowded tourist areas. Lovely views would be great!
I know CA is expensive...does the perfect place exist for us?
romantic, unique, affordable place to stay within two hours south of San Francisco??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Destination in USA
- 2 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 5 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 6 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 7 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 8 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 9 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 10 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 11 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 13 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 14 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 15 New York City and New England
- 16 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 17 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 18 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 19 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 20 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 21 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 22 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 23 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 24 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 25 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?