My husband and I are visiting some relatives in San Francisco the second week of January and want to sneak away for a night or two to celebrate my birthday. We were thinking of driving south, and wouldn't mind up to two or two and a half hours in the car.
We would like something unique, romantic and not too expensive (maybe around 150.00 per night). We'd prefer to avoid chains and crowded tourist areas. Lovely views would be great!
I know CA is expensive...does the perfect place exist for us?
romantic, unique, affordable place to stay within two hours south of San Francisco??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WISCONSIN
- 2 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 3 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 4 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 5 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 6 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 7 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 8 Dining in D.C.
- 9 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 10 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 11 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 14 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 15 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 16 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 17 Colorado in the summer!
- 18 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 19 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 20 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 21 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 22 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 25 Kennedy Space Center