My husband and I are visiting some relatives in San Francisco the second week of January and want to sneak away for a night or two to celebrate my birthday. We were thinking of driving south, and wouldn't mind up to two or two and a half hours in the car.
We would like something unique, romantic and not too expensive (maybe around 150.00 per night). We'd prefer to avoid chains and crowded tourist areas. Lovely views would be great!
I know CA is expensive...does the perfect place exist for us?
romantic, unique, affordable place to stay within two hours south of San Francisco??
- 1 Advice on where to stay in Boston
- 2 New York to Boston in Spring
- 3 Looking for Christmas spirit in Dallas, TX. Where should I find it?
- 4 Amtrak & rental car Oregon to Baltimore Dec 2013
- 5 Dinner on Christmas Day in downtown Chicago
- 6 Train from Newark to Manhattan
- 7 Transport between SW National Parks ~ 3 weeks trip
- 8 West Coast Road Trip
- 9 Grand Canyon Whitewater Rafting
- 10 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 11 Grand Canyon Rafting Trip & finish up at Sedona Spa?
- 12 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 13 Scottsdale hotel one night
- 14 Vegas Shows
- 15 NYC votes all cigarette bans and laws apply to "vapor" cigarettes
- 16 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 17 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 18 San Diego or Hawaii
- 19 los angeles sunday brunch
- 20 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 21 Full day in Nashville
- 22 Paso Robles, CA
- 23 4 weeks in Florida with 4 moth baby
- 24 SFO airport changing terminals
- 25 South Haven, Michigan in the winter