My husband and I are visiting some relatives in San Francisco the second week of January and want to sneak away for a night or two to celebrate my birthday. We were thinking of driving south, and wouldn't mind up to two or two and a half hours in the car.
We would like something unique, romantic and not too expensive (maybe around 150.00 per night). We'd prefer to avoid chains and crowded tourist areas. Lovely views would be great!
I know CA is expensive...does the perfect place exist for us?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 2 los angeles to redwood national park overnight stop
- 3 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 4 inspire me after landing in Miami
- 5 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 6 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 7 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 8 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 9 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 10 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 11 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 12 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 13 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 14 Dallas airport to bush library
- 15 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 16 Northern California Gardens.
- 17 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 18 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 19 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 20 Badlands - Mt. Rushmore -- central place to stay for a few days?
- 21 Arches or Zion?
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 23 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 24 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 25 wyoming, south dakota trip
romantic, unique, affordable place to stay within two hours south of San Francisco??