I'll be in NYC from June 15-21 - If anyone wants to grab a drink or dinner I'd be completely open to it!
I'm a 24yo girl travelling solo and always find that night time is the only time I notice I'm travelling on my own/start to be out of my comfort zone.
Has anyone got any recommendations on bars or restaurants to eat/drink at solo?
Perhaps a good spot to meet locals (or fellow travellers) that isn't a hotel bar.
Also to keep myself occupied in the evening - I was thinking of catching a broadway show, or comedy show, or a film on at a rooftop cinema.
Any tips for last minute tickets for these wouldn't go astray! Surely it'd be somewhat easier to get these as its just little old me!
Safety-wise; I'll be staying in SoHo. Anywhere I should avoid at night time?
I've read on other threads I should be fine travelling home on the subway from wherever I find myself.
And obviously, keeping your wits about you when it comes to dark alleyways etc.
Best way to get home from Brooklyn to SoHo would be...? I was thinking of doing the Brooklyn Brewery evening tour to hopefully meet some people.
Last minute, I know!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 2 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 3 Hawaii Help
- 4 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 5 Wine Country
- 6 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 7 hotel shampoo and soap
- 8 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 9 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 10 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 11 Renting a car with DWAI
- 12 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 13 San Francisco first visit.
- 14 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 15 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 16 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 17 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 18 Park City- handicapped
- 19 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 20 PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
- 21 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 22 Yellowstone in early May
- 23 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 24 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 25 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see