I'll be in NYC from June 15-21 - If anyone wants to grab a drink or dinner I'd be completely open to it!
I'm a 24yo girl travelling solo and always find that night time is the only time I notice I'm travelling on my own/start to be out of my comfort zone.
Has anyone got any recommendations on bars or restaurants to eat/drink at solo?
Perhaps a good spot to meet locals (or fellow travellers) that isn't a hotel bar.
Also to keep myself occupied in the evening - I was thinking of catching a broadway show, or comedy show, or a film on at a rooftop cinema.
Any tips for last minute tickets for these wouldn't go astray! Surely it'd be somewhat easier to get these as its just little old me!
Safety-wise; I'll be staying in SoHo. Anywhere I should avoid at night time?
I've read on other threads I should be fine travelling home on the subway from wherever I find myself.
And obviously, keeping your wits about you when it comes to dark alleyways etc.
Best way to get home from Brooklyn to SoHo would be...? I was thinking of doing the Brooklyn Brewery evening tour to hopefully meet some people.
Last minute, I know!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 disneyland
- 2 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 3 Arizona in winter
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 5 Key West
- 6 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 7 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 8 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 9 Las Vegas Vacation
- 10 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 11 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 12 moving to Florida
- 13 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 14 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 15 DC restaurant report
- 16 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 17 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 18 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 19 Northern California Redwoods
- 20 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 21 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 22 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 23 Neue Galerie
- 24 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 25 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans