I'll be in NYC from June 15-21 - If anyone wants to grab a drink or dinner I'd be completely open to it!
I'm a 24yo girl travelling solo and always find that night time is the only time I notice I'm travelling on my own/start to be out of my comfort zone.
Has anyone got any recommendations on bars or restaurants to eat/drink at solo?
Perhaps a good spot to meet locals (or fellow travellers) that isn't a hotel bar.
Also to keep myself occupied in the evening - I was thinking of catching a broadway show, or comedy show, or a film on at a rooftop cinema.
Any tips for last minute tickets for these wouldn't go astray! Surely it'd be somewhat easier to get these as its just little old me!
Safety-wise; I'll be staying in SoHo. Anywhere I should avoid at night time?
I've read on other threads I should be fine travelling home on the subway from wherever I find myself.
And obviously, keeping your wits about you when it comes to dark alleyways etc.
Best way to get home from Brooklyn to SoHo would be...? I was thinking of doing the Brooklyn Brewery evening tour to hopefully meet some people.
Last minute, I know!
Rolling Solo in NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 2 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 3 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 4 San Francisco - mid October
- 5 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 6 Apartment Rentals DC
- 7 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 8 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 9 Zion to Albuquerque
- 10 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 11 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 12 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 13 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 14 Vegas hotels for families
- 15 Round trip from Chicago
- 16 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 17 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 18 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 19 Tour companies
- 20 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 21 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 Quick Trip to NYC
- 24 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 25 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed