I am planning a trip to Colorado in late July/early August. We will have 5 full days plus a couple of half days. Would we have time to see Rocky Mountain National Park and the Million Dollar Highway (Ouray, Silverton & Durango)? Would we be biting off more than we can chew? The drive appears doable on the map, but we realize the mountains may make the trip much longer than it appears. I'd appreciate advice from someone regarding how much time it would take to make the trip from RNMP to Durango. Should we just stay at RMNP? If the trip south is possible, could someone suggest the best route from Estes Park? Thanks!
Rocky Mountain National Park & Million Dollar Highway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 2 Travel West Coast
- 3 Where to go in Maine?
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 6 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 12 Rafting near Denali
- 13 Colorado in the summer!
- 14 Kennebunkport and....?
- 15 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 16 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 17 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 18 WISCONSIN
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 New York City Restaurants