East or West side?
Hi folks! I've been to RMNP before, both times in early September. Have stayed in Estes Park on east side, and West Side, north of Grand Lake near park entrance. Liked both for different reasons. In Late October, we really want to experience as much of the end of the Elk rut as possible, ie; Bull Elk sightings and Bugling is a must! But we LOVE Moose, and know our odds of seeing them are strictly limited to West side. We know we may not be able to get over Trail Ridge Road.....Anyone have any advice, as to staying east side vs west side at that time of year, and where we have better odds of still experiencing wildlife? Also, having hiked a lot on west side, are there some good hikes there to Glacial lakes and the like?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Across the United States by Train
- 2 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 3 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 4 Phone SIM
- 5 Best Amish Site to visit
- 6 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 7 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 8 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 9 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 10 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 11 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 12 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 13 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 14 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 15 A day in Boston
- 16 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 17 1 Week Too Long For Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino?
- 18 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 19 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 20 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 21 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 22 California's Central Coast
- 23 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 24 Any Disneyworld fans here?
- 25 Good Places for a Family to Eat in San Francisco
East or West side?