East or West side?
Hi folks! I've been to RMNP before, both times in early September. Have stayed in Estes Park on east side, and West Side, north of Grand Lake near park entrance. Liked both for different reasons. In Late October, we really want to experience as much of the end of the Elk rut as possible, ie; Bull Elk sightings and Bugling is a must! But we LOVE Moose, and know our odds of seeing them are strictly limited to West side. We know we may not be able to get over Trail Ridge Road.....Anyone have any advice, as to staying east side vs west side at that time of year, and where we have better odds of still experiencing wildlife? Also, having hiked a lot on west side, are there some good hikes there to Glacial lakes and the like?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon out west.
- 2 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 3 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 4 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 5 Carmel Monterey
- 6 How many states have you been to?
- 7 USA, Trip to the south
- 8 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 9 Big Sure in June
- 10 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 11 Santa Fe Itineray
- 12 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 13 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 14 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 15 Roadtrip July 2017
- 16 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 17 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 18 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 19 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 20 Retiring to Tucson
- 21 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 22 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 23 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 24 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 25 Arches Devils Garden
East or West side?