East or West side?
Hi folks! I've been to RMNP before, both times in early September. Have stayed in Estes Park on east side, and West Side, north of Grand Lake near park entrance. Liked both for different reasons. In Late October, we really want to experience as much of the end of the Elk rut as possible, ie; Bull Elk sightings and Bugling is a must! But we LOVE Moose, and know our odds of seeing them are strictly limited to West side. We know we may not be able to get over Trail Ridge Road.....Anyone have any advice, as to staying east side vs west side at that time of year, and where we have better odds of still experiencing wildlife? Also, having hiked a lot on west side, are there some good hikes there to Glacial lakes and the like?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 2 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 3 Pacific Northwest
- 4 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 5 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 6 Shenandoah National park
- 7 Parking in NYC staying at Hotel in Times Squar.. Nervous..e
- 8 Florida Nature Trip
- 9 Hawaii - where?
- 10 Rental Car Orlando
- 11 Short trip to San Francisco - report and comment
- 12 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 13 San Francisco to San Diego
- 14 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 15 Vacation Ideas With A 2 years old)?
- 16 24 days out west
- 17 New Orleans Streetcars
- 18 Things to do in NYC
- 19 The Most Beautiful Building In Los Angeles? Perhaps The Central Library!
- 20 Universal Express℠ Pass Worth it?
- 21 Sandford Airport
- 22 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 23 Public Transport from JAC Airport to Teton Village
- 24 TKS Booth at 47th Street: Help for Return Customers
- 25 Point of Entry wondering.. Help?
East or West side?