East or West side?
Hi folks! I've been to RMNP before, both times in early September. Have stayed in Estes Park on east side, and West Side, north of Grand Lake near park entrance. Liked both for different reasons. In Late October, we really want to experience as much of the end of the Elk rut as possible, ie; Bull Elk sightings and Bugling is a must! But we LOVE Moose, and know our odds of seeing them are strictly limited to West side. We know we may not be able to get over Trail Ridge Road.....Anyone have any advice, as to staying east side vs west side at that time of year, and where we have better odds of still experiencing wildlife? Also, having hiked a lot on west side, are there some good hikes there to Glacial lakes and the like?
Rocky Mountain National Park in LATE October
East or West side?
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Where should I move to?
- 6 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 11 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Fripp island
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013