East or West side?
Hi folks! I've been to RMNP before, both times in early September. Have stayed in Estes Park on east side, and West Side, north of Grand Lake near park entrance. Liked both for different reasons. In Late October, we really want to experience as much of the end of the Elk rut as possible, ie; Bull Elk sightings and Bugling is a must! But we LOVE Moose, and know our odds of seeing them are strictly limited to West side. We know we may not be able to get over Trail Ridge Road.....Anyone have any advice, as to staying east side vs west side at that time of year, and where we have better odds of still experiencing wildlife? Also, having hiked a lot on west side, are there some good hikes there to Glacial lakes and the like?
Rocky Mountain National Park in LATE October
East or West side?
- 1 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 2 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 3 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 4 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 5 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 6 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 7 Boston and surrounding area
- 8 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 9 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 10 Newport, RI Questions
- 11 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 12 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 13 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 14 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 15 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 16 Using public transit in San Diego
- 17 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 18 Seward to Anchorage
- 19 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 20 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 21 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 22 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 23 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest
- 24 Car trip from Seattle
- 25 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???