East or West side?
Hi folks! I've been to RMNP before, both times in early September. Have stayed in Estes Park on east side, and West Side, north of Grand Lake near park entrance. Liked both for different reasons. In Late October, we really want to experience as much of the end of the Elk rut as possible, ie; Bull Elk sightings and Bugling is a must! But we LOVE Moose, and know our odds of seeing them are strictly limited to West side. We know we may not be able to get over Trail Ridge Road.....Anyone have any advice, as to staying east side vs west side at that time of year, and where we have better odds of still experiencing wildlife? Also, having hiked a lot on west side, are there some good hikes there to Glacial lakes and the like?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 2 New Orleans and Slidell
- 3 Pacific coast road trip
- 4 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 5 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 6 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 7 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 8 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 9 Need help planning - Car Road trip SF to Grand Canyon
- 10 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 11 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 12 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 13 Back From Alaska
- 14 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 15 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 16 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 17 Two days out of Seattle
- 18 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 19 MN Family Hits Black Hills and Beyond
- 20 San Francisco - Hawaii Exhibit
- 21 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 22 Maine
- 23 Driving tips for San Diego, Palm Springs, Ventura
- 24 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 25 Restaurants close to King's Station?
East or West side?