This summer (around 4th of july), my husband an I and kids (6yo and 3yo) will go to Washington DC (HB need to go first for work) and we want to plan a roadtrip, relax, cultural but above all fun for the kids. Beeing European, we don't know much there, so we are in desperate need of tips, advices, thing's to see, do's and don'ts. HB wants to go by camper, he thinks the kids will love that, advice is welcome as we have never did that before
We are landing and leaving from Washington. Total stay of 14 days (flight days included), would start with a few days Washington DC.
All advice welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 2 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 3 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 4 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 5 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 6 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 7 Boston waterfront Italian
- 8 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 9 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 10 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 11 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 12 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 13 Kids Vacation Place
- 14 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 15 Napa valley getaway
- 16 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 17 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 18 Day in Spokane
- 19 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 20 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 21 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 22 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 23 Desert Southwest
- 24 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 25 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West