This summer (around 4th of july), my husband an I and kids (6yo and 3yo) will go to Washington DC (HB need to go first for work) and we want to plan a roadtrip, relax, cultural but above all fun for the kids. Beeing European, we don't know much there, so we are in desperate need of tips, advices, thing's to see, do's and don'ts. HB wants to go by camper, he thinks the kids will love that, advice is welcome as we have never did that before
We are landing and leaving from Washington. Total stay of 14 days (flight days included), would start with a few days Washington DC.
All advice welcome!
Roadtrip starting in Washington DC to??? with 2 kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 2 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 3 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 4 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 5 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 6 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 culpepper
- 9 Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents LEGENDS coming to the Bay Area!
- 10 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 11 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 12 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 13 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 14 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 15 Pub with food in Seattle
- 16 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 17 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 18 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 19 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 20 Hotel near Miami airport
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 23 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 24 Our perfect day in Key West
- 25 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL