This summer (around 4th of july), my husband an I and kids (6yo and 3yo) will go to Washington DC (HB need to go first for work) and we want to plan a roadtrip, relax, cultural but above all fun for the kids. Beeing European, we don't know much there, so we are in desperate need of tips, advices, thing's to see, do's and don'ts. HB wants to go by camper, he thinks the kids will love that, advice is welcome as we have never did that before
We are landing and leaving from Washington. Total stay of 14 days (flight days included), would start with a few days Washington DC.
All advice welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 2 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 3 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 4 San Francisco California
- 5 My Topic Tennessee; no makeup or hair products
- 6 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 7 Hunting Trip For Husbands Birthday
- 8 Which tide pool is best to see in Seattle?
- 9 Dupont Circle Hotels
- 10 Short civil rights your Atlanta to Birningham
- 11 Las Vegas
- 12 Florida Family vacation in California
- 13 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 14 Must eats in Fort Worth,TX
- 15 Miami and New Orleans
- 16 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 17 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 18 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 19 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 20 September Road Trip in New England
- 21 NYC with 8 yr old
- 22 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 23 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 24 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 25 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV