I'm new to this forum but already found a couple of very helpful tips and suggestions for cool road trips. Just to get all my bases covered, the following questions;
We are a couple (35-40) from Amsterdam, Netherlands and are in love with USA. Our honeymoon we spent traveling highway 1, last year we did Florida, we never miss a year without going to NYC, in short; we love America!
The next trip i wanted to plan i really need your advice;
Next May we will fly to New Orleans, spent a week there for the road trip:
New Orleans - Vicksburg - Meridian - Montgomery - Mobile - New Orleans
Then we will fly to Atlanta for a weeks trip of:
Atlanta - Macon - Savannah - Charleston - Myrtle beach - Columbia - Augusta - Atlanta
These cities/towns i indicated are not set in stone, they are just the points in our route which way we would like to travel (1000km in a week seems do-able)
We're a big fan of the south, would love to experience southern way of living; the food, music and culture. Love the "True Blood' feel of plantations, swamps, humidity etc. I know; may sound weird, but you will get it once you've been in Amsterdam
My dream was also Savannah due to "Midnight in the garden of good and evil", also; you'll find me nuts but again; visit Amsterdam
Would really appreciate all tips and suggestions ons both road trips, maybe visit other cities/town, or take an entire route altogether?
Would love to hear from you.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 2 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 3 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 4 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 5 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 6 San Antonio shopping
- 7 Which island for R&R?
- 8 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 9 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 10 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 11 blue ridge parkway?
- 12 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 13 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 14 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 15 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 16 First Trip to New Mexico
- 17 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 18 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 19 San Diego, mission valley
- 20 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 21 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 22 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 23 Seattle?
- 24 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 25 International transferring planes at CDG
Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans