I'm new to this forum but already found a couple of very helpful tips and suggestions for cool road trips. Just to get all my bases covered, the following questions;
We are a couple (35-40) from Amsterdam, Netherlands and are in love with USA. Our honeymoon we spent traveling highway 1, last year we did Florida, we never miss a year without going to NYC, in short; we love America!
The next trip i wanted to plan i really need your advice;
Next May we will fly to New Orleans, spent a week there for the road trip:
New Orleans - Vicksburg - Meridian - Montgomery - Mobile - New Orleans
Then we will fly to Atlanta for a weeks trip of:
Atlanta - Macon - Savannah - Charleston - Myrtle beach - Columbia - Augusta - Atlanta
These cities/towns i indicated are not set in stone, they are just the points in our route which way we would like to travel (1000km in a week seems do-able)
We're a big fan of the south, would love to experience southern way of living; the food, music and culture. Love the "True Blood' feel of plantations, swamps, humidity etc. I know; may sound weird, but you will get it once you've been in Amsterdam
My dream was also Savannah due to "Midnight in the garden of good and evil", also; you'll find me nuts but again; visit Amsterdam
Would really appreciate all tips and suggestions ons both road trips, maybe visit other cities/town, or take an entire route altogether?
Would love to hear from you.
Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 2 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 3 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 4 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 5 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 6 Atlanta with kids
- 7 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 8 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 9 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 10 Boston/Fenway park
- 11 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 12 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 13 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 14 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 15 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 18 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 19 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 20 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 21 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 22 Family Camp in Maine
- 23 San Diego
- 24 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 25 2 Days in Portland - Best of?