I'm new to this forum but already found a couple of very helpful tips and suggestions for cool road trips. Just to get all my bases covered, the following questions;
We are a couple (35-40) from Amsterdam, Netherlands and are in love with USA. Our honeymoon we spent traveling highway 1, last year we did Florida, we never miss a year without going to NYC, in short; we love America!
The next trip i wanted to plan i really need your advice;
Next May we will fly to New Orleans, spent a week there for the road trip:
New Orleans - Vicksburg - Meridian - Montgomery - Mobile - New Orleans
Then we will fly to Atlanta for a weeks trip of:
Atlanta - Macon - Savannah - Charleston - Myrtle beach - Columbia - Augusta - Atlanta
These cities/towns i indicated are not set in stone, they are just the points in our route which way we would like to travel (1000km in a week seems do-able)
We're a big fan of the south, would love to experience southern way of living; the food, music and culture. Love the "True Blood' feel of plantations, swamps, humidity etc. I know; may sound weird, but you will get it once you've been in Amsterdam
My dream was also Savannah due to "Midnight in the garden of good and evil", also; you'll find me nuts but again; visit Amsterdam
Would really appreciate all tips and suggestions ons both road trips, maybe visit other cities/town, or take an entire route altogether?
Would love to hear from you.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating to Washington DC
- 2 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 3 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 4 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 5 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 6 Acadia National Park
- 7 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 8 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 9 Traveling with an infant
- 10 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 11 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 12 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 13 From Newark to Manhattan
- 14 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?
- 15 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 16 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 17 Monument Valley
- 18 A few reviews from our Santa Monica/Disneyland trip
- 19 driving RT 66
- 20 once in a lifetime
- 21 North California/South Oregon
- 22 Hotels Houston
- 23 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 24 Birthday vacation ideas
- 25 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans