My parents and I are considering a roadtrip. We will fly into Tampa on wednesday the 19th Oct, hoping to stay on Anna Maria Island for a few nights and then on the Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd start making our way to Texas. We have to be in College Station for Saturday 30th- so we have 6/7 days to do the drive- I am wondering if this is enough time. This is supposed to be a 'holiday'- relaxing but an adventure, i dont want to feel totally rushed the whole time.
If anyone has any recommendations as to where to stop along the way- that would be great! Im thinking Destin, FL... maybe somewhere in AL/MS... New Orleans.
I guess im just looking for opinions... we cant decide if the drive is too long. and if it isnt too long.. were not 100% where to stay along the way to get the best experiences.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 2 "Formal" dinner in NYC?
- 3 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 4 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 5 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 6 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 7 Sedona to Vegas
- 8 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 9 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 10 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 11 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 12 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 13 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 14 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 15 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 16 November redwoods trip
- 17 San Fran
- 18 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 19 Seattle?
- 20 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 21 SF and northern California - October
- 22 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 23 Alabama trip in Dec
- 24 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 25 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?