My parents and I are considering a roadtrip. We will fly into Tampa on wednesday the 19th Oct, hoping to stay on Anna Maria Island for a few nights and then on the Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd start making our way to Texas. We have to be in College Station for Saturday 30th- so we have 6/7 days to do the drive- I am wondering if this is enough time. This is supposed to be a 'holiday'- relaxing but an adventure, i dont want to feel totally rushed the whole time.
If anyone has any recommendations as to where to stop along the way- that would be great! Im thinking Destin, FL... maybe somewhere in AL/MS... New Orleans.
I guess im just looking for opinions... we cant decide if the drive is too long. and if it isnt too long.. were not 100% where to stay along the way to get the best experiences.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 2 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 3 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 4 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 5 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 6 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 7 Northwest Passage
- 8 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 9 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 10 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 11 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 12 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 13 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 14 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 15 Northwest Car Trip
- 16 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 17 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 18 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 19 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 20 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 21 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 22 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 23 Sonoma
- 24 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 25 Alaska cruise