My parents and I are considering a roadtrip. We will fly into Tampa on wednesday the 19th Oct, hoping to stay on Anna Maria Island for a few nights and then on the Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd start making our way to Texas. We have to be in College Station for Saturday 30th- so we have 6/7 days to do the drive- I am wondering if this is enough time. This is supposed to be a 'holiday'- relaxing but an adventure, i dont want to feel totally rushed the whole time.
If anyone has any recommendations as to where to stop along the way- that would be great! Im thinking Destin, FL... maybe somewhere in AL/MS... New Orleans.
I guess im just looking for opinions... we cant decide if the drive is too long. and if it isnt too long.. were not 100% where to stay along the way to get the best experiences.
Roadtrip from Tampa to Houston.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 2 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 3 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 4 Alaska Trip Planning
- 5 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 6 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 7 Kid School Admission
- 8 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 9 Mount Vernon?
- 10 Romantic destination in the US
- 11 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 12 New York City-New Things?
- 13 Lynni's Quick Trip to Washington DC and Virginia
- 14 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 15 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 16 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 17 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 18 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 19 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 20 Looking for a grave in Plattekill, NY
- 21 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 22 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 23 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 24 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 25 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?