My parents and I are considering a roadtrip. We will fly into Tampa on wednesday the 19th Oct, hoping to stay on Anna Maria Island for a few nights and then on the Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd start making our way to Texas. We have to be in College Station for Saturday 30th- so we have 6/7 days to do the drive- I am wondering if this is enough time. This is supposed to be a 'holiday'- relaxing but an adventure, i dont want to feel totally rushed the whole time.
If anyone has any recommendations as to where to stop along the way- that would be great! Im thinking Destin, FL... maybe somewhere in AL/MS... New Orleans.
I guess im just looking for opinions... we cant decide if the drive is too long. and if it isnt too long.. were not 100% where to stay along the way to get the best experiences.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 2 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 3 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 4 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 5 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 6 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 7 JFK to Washington
- 8 Christmas in Colorado
- 9 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 10 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 11 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 12 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 13 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 14 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 15 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 16 How much time in Badlands?
- 17 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 18 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 19 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 20 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 21 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend
- 22 Where to live in the North East
- 23 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 24 Restaurant Recommendations
- 25 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?