My parents and I are considering a roadtrip. We will fly into Tampa on wednesday the 19th Oct, hoping to stay on Anna Maria Island for a few nights and then on the Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd start making our way to Texas. We have to be in College Station for Saturday 30th- so we have 6/7 days to do the drive- I am wondering if this is enough time. This is supposed to be a 'holiday'- relaxing but an adventure, i dont want to feel totally rushed the whole time.
If anyone has any recommendations as to where to stop along the way- that would be great! Im thinking Destin, FL... maybe somewhere in AL/MS... New Orleans.
I guess im just looking for opinions... we cant decide if the drive is too long. and if it isnt too long.. were not 100% where to stay along the way to get the best experiences.
Roadtrip from Tampa to Houston.
- 1 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 2 Fripp island
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 5 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 6 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 7 Hotel near Public Theater
- 8 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 11 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 12 San Antonio
- 13 hotel near Met NYC
- 14 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 15 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 Oahu Information
- 18 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 19 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 20 Warm and don't Drive
- 21 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 22 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 23 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 One day in Washington DC