My parents and I are considering a roadtrip. We will fly into Tampa on wednesday the 19th Oct, hoping to stay on Anna Maria Island for a few nights and then on the Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd start making our way to Texas. We have to be in College Station for Saturday 30th- so we have 6/7 days to do the drive- I am wondering if this is enough time. This is supposed to be a 'holiday'- relaxing but an adventure, i dont want to feel totally rushed the whole time.
If anyone has any recommendations as to where to stop along the way- that would be great! Im thinking Destin, FL... maybe somewhere in AL/MS... New Orleans.
I guess im just looking for opinions... we cant decide if the drive is too long. and if it isnt too long.. were not 100% where to stay along the way to get the best experiences.
Roadtrip from Tampa to Houston.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 2 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 3 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 4 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 5 Charleston, SC help
- 6 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 7 middlebury vt snow
- 8 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 9 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 10 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 11 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 12 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 13 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 14 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 15 Deep South sept 2015
- 16 Self guided White House tour
- 17 Northwest USA
- 18 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 19 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 20 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 21 Portland, OR hotel question
- 22 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 23 san diego or nearby area
- 24 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 25 Texas