My parents and I are considering a roadtrip. We will fly into Tampa on wednesday the 19th Oct, hoping to stay on Anna Maria Island for a few nights and then on the Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd start making our way to Texas. We have to be in College Station for Saturday 30th- so we have 6/7 days to do the drive- I am wondering if this is enough time. This is supposed to be a 'holiday'- relaxing but an adventure, i dont want to feel totally rushed the whole time.
If anyone has any recommendations as to where to stop along the way- that would be great! Im thinking Destin, FL... maybe somewhere in AL/MS... New Orleans.
I guess im just looking for opinions... we cant decide if the drive is too long. and if it isnt too long.. were not 100% where to stay along the way to get the best experiences.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 BULLGUARD @Password Reset CONTACT ☎1: 800:681:7208 BULLGUARD Tec*h cAre
- 2 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 3 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 4 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 5 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 6 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 7 Get Near to Orlando’s best!
- 8 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 9 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 10 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 11 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 12 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 13 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 14 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 15 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 16 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 17 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 18 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 19 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 20 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 21 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 22 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 23 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 24 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 25 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017