My parents and I are considering a roadtrip. We will fly into Tampa on wednesday the 19th Oct, hoping to stay on Anna Maria Island for a few nights and then on the Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd start making our way to Texas. We have to be in College Station for Saturday 30th- so we have 6/7 days to do the drive- I am wondering if this is enough time. This is supposed to be a 'holiday'- relaxing but an adventure, i dont want to feel totally rushed the whole time.
If anyone has any recommendations as to where to stop along the way- that would be great! Im thinking Destin, FL... maybe somewhere in AL/MS... New Orleans.
I guess im just looking for opinions... we cant decide if the drive is too long. and if it isnt too long.. were not 100% where to stay along the way to get the best experiences.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 2 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 3 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 4 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 5 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 6 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 7 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 8 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 9 Seattle to San Francisco
- 10 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 11 San Francisco and Napa
- 12 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 13 Relocating to the Deep South
- 14 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 15 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 16 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 17 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 18 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 19 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 20 Budget NYC hotel
- 21 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 22 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 23 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 24 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 25 Best place for first night; Beach?