I am looking for some much needed advice for traveling this summer. My husband and I are in desperate need of a vacation this summer after a rough year. We want to plan a trip to somewhere that is driving distance from Baltimore for July/August (husband's not a good flyer). We are thinking that down south will be too hot so probably something more toward the North East, surrounding MD, or further west from Maryland. We are either looking for a place to travel and stay for a week or so OR multiple places to stay at for a few days. We're not campers/outdoors types - we are more looking for some places with nice hotels, B & B's, cottages, etc. and fun/relaxing things to do (restaurants, bars, museums, beaches, etc). The only thing we have ruled out is New York City and cruises because we've done both many times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Study in America
- 2 Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Yellowstone, Tetons
- 3 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 4 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 5 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 6 Clean One bedroom for $50-$70 a week
- 7 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 8 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 9 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 10 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 11 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 12 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 13 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 14 Florida Family vacation in California
- 15 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 16 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?
- 17 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 18 Philadelphia to Boston
- 19 Lake Winnipesauke, NH
- 20 Six Flags and Lake George, NY
- 21 Mokulele Airlines Hawaii
- 22 Where to stay in Hill Country in Texas
- 23 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 24 Yosemite Visit
- 25 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?