I am looking for some much needed advice for traveling this summer. My husband and I are in desperate need of a vacation this summer after a rough year. We want to plan a trip to somewhere that is driving distance from Baltimore for July/August (husband's not a good flyer). We are thinking that down south will be too hot so probably something more toward the North East, surrounding MD, or further west from Maryland. We are either looking for a place to travel and stay for a week or so OR multiple places to stay at for a few days. We're not campers/outdoors types - we are more looking for some places with nice hotels, B & B's, cottages, etc. and fun/relaxing things to do (restaurants, bars, museums, beaches, etc). The only thing we have ruled out is New York City and cruises because we've done both many times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pacific coast road trip
- 2 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 3 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 4 ALASKA - 10 + DAYS
- 5 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 6 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 7 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 8 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 9 Austin with Kids
- 10 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 11 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 12 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 13 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 14 Neighborhood Visiting Atlanta w/o a Car
- 15 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 16 portland and area
- 17 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 18 St. Louis Metro from Airport to Amtrak Station
- 19 Something new/ different between Jackson WY and Billings, MT
- 20 Suggestions on transport from Las Vegas to San Francisco
- 21 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 22 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 23 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 24 drive from sfo to glen ellen
- 25 Carmel for 5 nights with baby