I am looking for some much needed advice for traveling this summer. My husband and I are in desperate need of a vacation this summer after a rough year. We want to plan a trip to somewhere that is driving distance from Baltimore for July/August (husband's not a good flyer). We are thinking that down south will be too hot so probably something more toward the North East, surrounding MD, or further west from Maryland. We are either looking for a place to travel and stay for a week or so OR multiple places to stay at for a few days. We're not campers/outdoors types - we are more looking for some places with nice hotels, B & B's, cottages, etc. and fun/relaxing things to do (restaurants, bars, museums, beaches, etc). The only thing we have ruled out is New York City and cruises because we've done both many times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Roadtrip from Baltimore this summer
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 2 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 3 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 4 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 5 Vegas hotels for families
- 6 Two airports to choose from?
- 7 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 8 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 9 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 10 San Francisco - mid October
- 11 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 12 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 13 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 14 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 15 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 16 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 17 best area to stay in san diego
- 18 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 19 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 20 layover
- 21 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 22 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 23 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 24 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?