I am looking for some much needed advice for traveling this summer. My husband and I are in desperate need of a vacation this summer after a rough year. We want to plan a trip to somewhere that is driving distance from Baltimore for July/August (husband's not a good flyer). We are thinking that down south will be too hot so probably something more toward the North East, surrounding MD, or further west from Maryland. We are either looking for a place to travel and stay for a week or so OR multiple places to stay at for a few days. We're not campers/outdoors types - we are more looking for some places with nice hotels, B & B's, cottages, etc. and fun/relaxing things to do (restaurants, bars, museums, beaches, etc). The only thing we have ruled out is New York City and cruises because we've done both many times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 2 Roadtrip to Yosemite etc
- 3 Anchorage-Seward Daytrip -- Train or Bus?
- 4 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 5 YellowStone or Grand Canyon in August?
- 6 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 7 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 8 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 9 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 10 Road Trippin' I-94, I-90, I-5, I-70, & I-80
- 11 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 12 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 13 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 14 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 15 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 16 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 17 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 18 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 19 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 20 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 21 GOOD EATING ON THE DRIVE BETWEEN FLORIDA AND THE NORTHEAST??
- 22 limited mobility for Savannah
- 23 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 24 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 25 Northwest Passage