I am looking for some much needed advice for traveling this summer. My husband and I are in desperate need of a vacation this summer after a rough year. We want to plan a trip to somewhere that is driving distance from Baltimore for July/August (husband's not a good flyer). We are thinking that down south will be too hot so probably something more toward the North East, surrounding MD, or further west from Maryland. We are either looking for a place to travel and stay for a week or so OR multiple places to stay at for a few days. We're not campers/outdoors types - we are more looking for some places with nice hotels, B & B's, cottages, etc. and fun/relaxing things to do (restaurants, bars, museums, beaches, etc). The only thing we have ruled out is New York City and cruises because we've done both many times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 2 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 3 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 4 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 5 FLL to Key West
- 6 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 7 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 8 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 9 road trip
- 10 New England Road Trip
- 11 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 12 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 13 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 14 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 15 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 16 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 17 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 18 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 19 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 20 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 21 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 22 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 23 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 24 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 25 Got error in dell printer 016-302