I am looking for some much needed advice for traveling this summer. My husband and I are in desperate need of a vacation this summer after a rough year. We want to plan a trip to somewhere that is driving distance from Baltimore for July/August (husband's not a good flyer). We are thinking that down south will be too hot so probably something more toward the North East, surrounding MD, or further west from Maryland. We are either looking for a place to travel and stay for a week or so OR multiple places to stay at for a few days. We're not campers/outdoors types - we are more looking for some places with nice hotels, B & B's, cottages, etc. and fun/relaxing things to do (restaurants, bars, museums, beaches, etc). The only thing we have ruled out is New York City and cruises because we've done both many times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Roadtrip from Baltimore this summer
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 2 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 3 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 4 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 5 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 6 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 7 Seattle Visit April
- 8 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 9 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 10 Grand Teton in October
- 11 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 12 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 13 Morning in miami
- 14 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 15 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 16 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 17 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 18 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 19 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 20 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 21 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?
- 22 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 23 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 24 Shenandoah National Park
- 25 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas