I am looking for some much needed advice for traveling this summer. My husband and I are in desperate need of a vacation this summer after a rough year. We want to plan a trip to somewhere that is driving distance from Baltimore for July/August (husband's not a good flyer). We are thinking that down south will be too hot so probably something more toward the North East, surrounding MD, or further west from Maryland. We are either looking for a place to travel and stay for a week or so OR multiple places to stay at for a few days. We're not campers/outdoors types - we are more looking for some places with nice hotels, B & B's, cottages, etc. and fun/relaxing things to do (restaurants, bars, museums, beaches, etc). The only thing we have ruled out is New York City and cruises because we've done both many times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 2 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 3 Road trip From St.louis to South Dakota. Is it Safe?
- 4 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 5 Cape Cod
- 6 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 7 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 8 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 9 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 10 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 11 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 12 reliable transportation across florida
- 13 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 14 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 15 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 16 Las Vegas loop
- 17 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)
- 18 Redwood National Forest
- 19 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 20 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 21 Uber and Miami
- 22 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 23 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 24 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 25 camping in the Finger Lakes region