I am looking for some much needed advice for traveling this summer. My husband and I are in desperate need of a vacation this summer after a rough year. We want to plan a trip to somewhere that is driving distance from Baltimore for July/August (husband's not a good flyer). We are thinking that down south will be too hot so probably something more toward the North East, surrounding MD, or further west from Maryland. We are either looking for a place to travel and stay for a week or so OR multiple places to stay at for a few days. We're not campers/outdoors types - we are more looking for some places with nice hotels, B & B's, cottages, etc. and fun/relaxing things to do (restaurants, bars, museums, beaches, etc). The only thing we have ruled out is New York City and cruises because we've done both many times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 2 Miami
- 3 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 4 Back from the Big Easy
- 5 Driving Alaska
- 6 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 7 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 8 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 9 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 10 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 11 March in New Mexico
- 12 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 13 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 14 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 15 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 16 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 17 Border crossing
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 21 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 22 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Cross country tips
- 25 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?