I am looking for some much needed advice for traveling this summer. My husband and I are in desperate need of a vacation this summer after a rough year. We want to plan a trip to somewhere that is driving distance from Baltimore for July/August (husband's not a good flyer). We are thinking that down south will be too hot so probably something more toward the North East, surrounding MD, or further west from Maryland. We are either looking for a place to travel and stay for a week or so OR multiple places to stay at for a few days. We're not campers/outdoors types - we are more looking for some places with nice hotels, B & B's, cottages, etc. and fun/relaxing things to do (restaurants, bars, museums, beaches, etc). The only thing we have ruled out is New York City and cruises because we've done both many times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 2 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 3 Desert Southwest
- 4 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 5 Steamboat in August
- 6 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 7 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 8 Zion and Bryce in July
- 9 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 10 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 11 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 12 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 13 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 14 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 15 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 16 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 17 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 18 JFK-connection
- 19 Extended weekend beach get away
- 20 Reagan Library
- 21 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 22 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 23 Southern history- walkable cities
- 24 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 25 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?