I am looking for some much needed advice for traveling this summer. My husband and I are in desperate need of a vacation this summer after a rough year. We want to plan a trip to somewhere that is driving distance from Baltimore for July/August (husband's not a good flyer). We are thinking that down south will be too hot so probably something more toward the North East, surrounding MD, or further west from Maryland. We are either looking for a place to travel and stay for a week or so OR multiple places to stay at for a few days. We're not campers/outdoors types - we are more looking for some places with nice hotels, B & B's, cottages, etc. and fun/relaxing things to do (restaurants, bars, museums, beaches, etc). The only thing we have ruled out is New York City and cruises because we've done both many times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Roadtrip from Baltimore this summer
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Phoenix restaurants
- 2 5 week in US/Mexico
- 3 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 4 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 5 10 day trip to California
- 6 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 7 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 10 Rafting near Denali
- 11 New York City Restaurants
- 12 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 13 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 14 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 15 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 16 Kennedy Space Center
- 17 Week in October in Maine
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 20 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 21 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 22 B-Day Mini adventure
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 25 Timeshare Nightmares