I am looking for some much needed advice for traveling this summer. My husband and I are in desperate need of a vacation this summer after a rough year. We want to plan a trip to somewhere that is driving distance from Baltimore for July/August (husband's not a good flyer). We are thinking that down south will be too hot so probably something more toward the North East, surrounding MD, or further west from Maryland. We are either looking for a place to travel and stay for a week or so OR multiple places to stay at for a few days. We're not campers/outdoors types - we are more looking for some places with nice hotels, B & B's, cottages, etc. and fun/relaxing things to do (restaurants, bars, museums, beaches, etc). The only thing we have ruled out is New York City and cruises because we've done both many times. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 2 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 3 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 4 Cape cod Labor Day
- 5 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 6 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 7 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 8 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 9 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 10 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 11 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 12 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 13 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 14 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 15 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 16 US Open Tennis
- 17 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 18 Hotels in San Diego
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 21 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 22 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 23 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 24 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 25 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt