I'm new to this forum but already found a couple of very helpful tips and suggestions for cool road trips. Just to get all my bases covered, the following questions;
We are a couple (35-40) from Amsterdam, Netherlands and are in love with USA. Our honeymoon we spent traveling highway 1, last year we did Florida, we never miss a year without going to NYC, in short; we love America!
The next trip i wanted to plan i really need your advice;
Next May we will fly to New Orleans, spent a week there for the road trip:
New Orleans - Vicksburg - Meridian - Montgomery - Mobile - New Orleans
Then we will fly to Atlanta for a weeks trip of:
Atlanta - Macon - Savannah - Charleston - Myrtle beach - Columbia - Augusta - Atlanta
These cities/towns i indicated are not set in stone, they are just the points in our route which way we would like to travel (1000km in a week seems do-able)
We're a big fan of the south, would love to experience southern way of living; the food, music and culture. Love the "True Blood' feel of plantations, swamps, humidity etc. I know; may sound weird, but you will get it once you've been in Amsterdam
My dream was also Savannah due to "Midnight in the garden of good and evil", also; you'll find me nuts but again; visit Amsterdam
Would really appreciate all tips and suggestions ons both road trips, maybe visit other cities/town, or take an entire route altogether?
Would love to hear from you.
Roadtrip Atlanta, Macon, Savannah, Myrtle Beach, Columbia, Atlanta
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 2 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 3 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?
- 4 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 5 Wedding venue suggestions - Boston/suburbs
- 6 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 7 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 8 San Francisco to LA driving itinerary 8 days
- 9 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 10 can you help me plan a trip?
- 11 Seattle - newby questions
- 12 SEATTLE / BALLARD – mini TR about a great wedding visit
- 13 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 14 suggestions for restaurants/ breweries/wineries- Northern coast
- 15 Restaurants Chicago June
- 16 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 17 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 18 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 19 tip for valet parking
- 20 New Orleans
- 21 California: Getty museum
- 22 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 23 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 24 NYC hotel/July
- 25 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?