I'm new to this forum but already found a couple of very helpful tips and suggestions for cool road trips. Just to get all my bases covered, the following questions;
We are a couple (35-40) from Amsterdam, Netherlands and are in love with USA. Our honeymoon we spent traveling highway 1, last year we did Florida, we never miss a year without going to NYC, in short; we love America!
The next trip i wanted to plan i really need your advice;
Next May we will fly to New Orleans, spent a week there for the road trip:
New Orleans - Vicksburg - Meridian - Montgomery - Mobile - New Orleans
Then we will fly to Atlanta for a weeks trip of:
Atlanta - Macon - Savannah - Charleston - Myrtle beach - Columbia - Augusta - Atlanta
These cities/towns i indicated are not set in stone, they are just the points in our route which way we would like to travel (1000km in a week seems do-able)
We're a big fan of the south, would love to experience southern way of living; the food, music and culture. Love the "True Blood' feel of plantations, swamps, humidity etc. I know; may sound weird, but you will get it once you've been in Amsterdam
My dream was also Savannah due to "Midnight in the garden of good and evil", also; you'll find me nuts but again; visit Amsterdam
Would really appreciate all tips and suggestions ons both road trips, maybe visit other cities/town, or take an entire route altogether?
Would love to hear from you.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 universal studios and disney
- 2 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 3 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 4 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 5 Arches Devils Garden
- 6 Big Sure in June
- 7 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 8 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 9 Savannah hotel
- 10 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 11 Utah National Parks visit
- 12 marriot cypress harbour
- 13 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 14 Hotel in Reno
- 15 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 16 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 17 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 18 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 19 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 20 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 21 Retiring to Tucson
- 22 Trinity Site, NM
- 23 Santa Fe Itineray
- 24 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 25 Northwest National Parks Tour
Roadtrip Atlanta, Macon, Savannah, Myrtle Beach, Columbia, Atlanta