We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Road trips from Dallas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 3 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 4 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 5 Fancy dining
- 6 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 7 Charlotte restaurant help
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 10 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 11 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 12 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 13 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 14 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 15 Road Trip SW
- 16 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 17 culpepper
- 18 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 19 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 20 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 21 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 22 2 weeks in Alaska
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 25 Yosemite Fire