We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 2 Something new/ different between Jackson WY and Billings, MT
- 3 portland and area
- 4 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 5 Suggestions on transport from Las Vegas to San Francisco
- 6 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 7 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 8 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 9 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 10 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 11 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 12 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 13 drive from sfo to glen ellen
- 14 St. Louis Metro from Airport to Amtrak Station
- 15 Carmel for 5 nights with baby
- 16 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 17 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 18 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 19 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 20 first time new yorker with a baby, need help on newark to a broadway hotel
- 21 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 22 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 23 South Carolina
- 24 Driving trip Chicago to San Francisco
- 25 Charleston/Savannah help needed