We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Road trips from Dallas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 San Francisco - mid October
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 5 Quick Trip to NYC
- 6 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 7 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 8 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 11 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 12 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 13 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 14 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 15 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 16 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 17 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 18 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 19 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 20 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Road trip itinerary
- 23 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 24 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 25 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?