We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Stamina
- 2 las vegas anyone
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 4 Finding Steve Perry
- 5 Hiking 'the wave'
- 6 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 7 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 8 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 9 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 10 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 11 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 12 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 13 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 14 Restaurant Help Needed
- 15 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 16 Trip to visit our children in St Louis, MO and Little Rock, AR.
- 17 Best Culinary Tour in Charleston?
- 18 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 19 Dog friendly beaches near Savannah?
- 20 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 21 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 22 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 23 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 24 5 Day Photography Road Trip from Vegas to Denver
- 25 Foliage in Vermont