We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Road trips from Dallas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 From Seattle airport to the city
- 2 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 3 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 4 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 5 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 6 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 7 General Utah planning questions
- 8 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 9 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 10 Dining in Manhattan
- 11 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 12 New York City Christmas Trip
- 13 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 14 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 15 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 16 Colorado Skiing
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 19 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 20 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 21 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 22 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 23 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 24 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 25 To San Francisco for 8 days