We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Road trips from Dallas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 2 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 3 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 4 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 5 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 6 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 7 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 8 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 9 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 10 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 11 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 12 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 13 Cross Country RV Trip
- 14 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 15 Hotels Philly
- 16 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 17 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 18 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 19 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 20 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 21 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 22 California
- 23 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 24 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 25 Accommodation in Los Angeles