We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Road trips from Dallas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 2 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 3 Kid School Admission
- 4 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 5 NYC hotel/July
- 6 Boston to see Sargent works
- 7 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 8 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 9 Southern Alabama trip report
- 10 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 11 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 12 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 13 New York City-New Things?
- 14 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 15 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 16 Oom-pa-pa at the Y (our “camping” report) April 2015 St. Louis MO
- 17 Alaska Trip Planning
- 18 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 19 Atlanta to LA
- 20 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 21 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 22 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 23 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 24 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 25 Yes, there are coyotes in Manhattan