We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 2 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 3 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 4 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 5 Northwest Passage
- 6 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 7 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 8 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 9 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 10 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 11 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 12 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 13 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 14 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 15 Northwest Car Trip
- 16 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 17 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 18 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 19 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 20 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 21 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 22 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 23 Sonoma
- 24 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 25 Alaska cruise