We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How many states have you been to?
- 2 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 3 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 4 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 5 Florida keys trip
- 6 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 7 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 8 Summer trip
- 9 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 10 Route Planning for East USA
- 11 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 12 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 13 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 14 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 15 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 16 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 17 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 18 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 19 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 20 Skagway
- 21 Retiring in NM?
- 22 Chicago to Charleston
- 23 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 24 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 25 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?