We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Beaches on the Big Island
- 2 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 3 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 4 Clean One bedroom for $50-$70 a week
- 5 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 6 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 7 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 8 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 9 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 10 colter cabin or Signal mountain lodge
- 11 questions on hiking in Arches NP
- 12 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 13 Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Yellowstone, Tetons
- 14 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 15 Portland and Seattle for 9 days need help with driving itinerary
- 16 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 17 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 18 Study in America
- 19 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 20 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 21 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 22 Florida Family vacation in California
- 23 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 24 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?
- 25 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF