We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 2 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 3 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 4 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 5 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 6 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 7 2 days to do Denver/Colorado Springs
- 8 Western U.S. Road trip
- 9 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 10 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 11 Martha's Vineyard area
- 12 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 13 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 14 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 15 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 16 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 17 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 18 Returned from Sedona
- 19 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 20 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 21 Centra Coast Wildlife
- 22 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 23 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 24 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 25 Awesome Things to do in Door County in the Summer