We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 2 debit card
- 3 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 4 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 5 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 6 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 7 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 8 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 9 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 10 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 11 Kauai Kona Coast Resort Beachboy
- 12 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 13 Western U.S. Road trip
- 14 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 15 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 16 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 17 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 18 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 19 Seattle plus: San Juan Island, Victoria, or Vancouver?
- 20 Returned from Sedona
- 21 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 22 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 23 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 24 New Orleans logistics
- 25 First Trip to New Orleans