We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 Days in Mass.
- 2 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 3 East Coast Road Trip - What maps to use?
- 4 Yellowstone
- 5 NYE in FLL or Miami Beach
- 6 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 7 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 8 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 9 Christmas Day in NYC?
- 10 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 11 Spokane to Glacier NP
- 12 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 13 Hawaii with older parents
- 14 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 15 Uber availability on Long Island
- 16 Fort Myers Area
- 17 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 18 Drive tour Portland to San Francisco
- 19 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 20 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 21 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 22 Escrunchy's can you pls recommend a guide for Charleston
- 23 yk's Family Trip to the Berkshires, 2016
- 24 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 25 Opinions: key west accommodation