We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 2 Boston waterfront Italian
- 3 Day in Spokane
- 4 summer vacation
- 5 Kids Vacation Place
- 6 What to pack
- 7 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 8 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 9 Honolulu Hotel Resort Fees
- 10 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 11 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 12 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 13 First time, Best business class?
- 14 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 15 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 16 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 17 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 18 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 19 Zion and Bryce in July
- 20 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 21 Itinerary Help Needed
- 22 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 23 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 24 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 25 Desert Southwest