We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 2 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 3 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 5 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 6 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 7 Orlando Baggage Storage
- 8 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty
- 9 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 10 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 11 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 12 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 13 Arches or Zion?
- 14 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 15 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 16 Richmond Virginia And Poe
- 17 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City
- 18 time to visit statue
- 19 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 20 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 21 Chester, CN
- 22 Northern California Gardens.
- 23 First time Colorado 1 week-itinerary help
- 24 Savannah Itinerary Feedback Please
- 25 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip