We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HP Printer TECH SUPPORT NUMBER 1 800:681:7208 HP Printer SETUP HELP
- 2 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 3 florida gulf coast
- 4 Goyal Orchid Whitefield Bangalore
- 5 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 6 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 7 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 8 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 9 Maui, early August
- 10 Tioga Pass opening this week!
- 11 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 12 Road trip advice needed please
- 13 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 14 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 15 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 16 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 17 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 18 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 19 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 20 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 21 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 22 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 23 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 24 Family Trip advice please?!
- 25 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel