We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Road trips from Dallas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 2 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 3 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 4 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 7 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 8 New Orleans help please
- 9 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 10 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 11 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 12 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 13 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 14 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 15 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 16 los angeles restaurants
- 17 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 18 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 19 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 20 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 21 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 22 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 23 NW Houston restaurant help
- 24 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 25 Restaurant in NYC advice