We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Road trips from Dallas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas Clubs - Need all the 411...
- 2 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 3 New locksmith, Locksmith New
- 4 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 5 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 6 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 7 Colorado aspen updates
- 8 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 9 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 10 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 11 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 12 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 13 Long Island Advice
- 14 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 15 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 16 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 17 Boston suggestions
- 18 California
- 19 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 20 Tucson area flooding
- 21 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 22 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 23 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 24 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 25 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!