We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Road trips from Dallas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 2 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 3 Travel Agencies in New York reliable
- 4 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 5 Considering moving from Boston to North Carolina
- 6 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 7 boston
- 8 Spring Break in Charleston
- 9 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 10 Paso Robles Here We Come...!
- 11 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 12 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 13 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 14 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 15 visiting chicago
- 16 Outskirts of New Orleans Hotel
- 17 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 18 Looking For best Holiday Destination
- 19 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 20 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 21 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 22 Grand Teton & Yellowstone via Denver
- 23 driving Yellowstone to Denver
- 24 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.
- 25 Alaska- two days in Seward