We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Road trips from Dallas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Utah restaurants
- 2 10 day trip
- 3 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 4 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 5 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 6 looking for beautiful gardens suggestions in early April
- 7 Ride Share DEN to CB 3/18
- 8 Venice tourist travel pass
- 9 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 10 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 11 Crossville, TN in March
- 12 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 13 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 14 Resort at the Mountain - It's Running a Rate Special
- 15 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 16 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 17 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 18 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 19 Short Road Trip California Arizona – Less than a week
- 20 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 21 Help with road trip - San Fran to Whister
- 22 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 23 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 24 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 25 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?