We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 2 Pacific coast road trip
- 3 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 4 My son's first day in New York
- 5 Restaurant for lunch between Atlanta and Savannah
- 6 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 7 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 8 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 9 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 10 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 11 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 12 Looking for rustic secluded cabins/yurts in midwest
- 13 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 14 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 15 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 16 Wildlife viewing in the US South West
- 17 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac
- 18 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac
- 19 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 20 Driving at Night in YNP
- 21 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 22 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 23 Need help planning - Car Road trip SF to Grand Canyon
- 24 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 25 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston