We are heading to Dallas in late January as it is from there that we have an international flight to catch.
We will have about 10 days and thought we would hire a car and do a road trip from there. We're interested in hearing some good music, seeing some quaint towns, learning more about the civil rights movement and I guess trying to avoid places where there will be heaps of snow and therefore difficult to drive.
Our initial plan was Memphis, hot springs in Arkansas, Clarkesdale, Oxford, Austin.
If anyone has any other suggestions or must see places please let me know!
Many thanks for all your help.
Road trips from Dallas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 2 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 3 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 4 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 5 san fran sightseeing
- 6 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 7 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 8 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 9 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 10 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 11 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 14 Boston in winter?
- 15 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 16 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 19 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 20 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 21 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 22 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 23 Colorado Skiing
- 24 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 25 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea