My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Road trip to Mt. Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 2 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 3 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 4 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 5 Welcome to Auto Option Bot review
- 6 Charleston, SC transportation to HD from Airport
- 7 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 8 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 9 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 10 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 11 Colorado aspen updates
- 12 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 13 Looking for Next Destination
- 14 Yosemite Lodging
- 15 advice please.. family of 8 trip to california in august
- 16 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 17 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 18 Fall color yet?
- 19 Worst Restaurants in America
- 20 Lesser seen places in DC?
- 21 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 22 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 23 SFO International Airport
- 24 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 25 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee