My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://top10sideeffects.com/stack-xtreme/
- 2 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 3 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 4 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 5 Utah National Parks visit
- 6 An Anonymous Proxy For Private Web Browsing | Local Proxies
- 7 10 days vacation in California
- 8 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 9 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 10 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 11 roadtrip sfo - seattle
- 12 Chicago to Portland drive March 1
- 13 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 14 Maui where to stay help
- 15 Bar Harbor or Burlington? (or somewhere else?)
- 16 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 17 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 18 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 19 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 20 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 21 Tallahasse to San Francisco
- 22 Plan a trip for me! 3 kids 5 and under, SW airlines out of MKE
- 23 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 24 ANTELOPE CANYON - PAGE, ARIZONA
- 25 Naples Hotel and Everglades