My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Road trip to Mt. Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 2 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 3 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 4 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 5 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 6 Overnight at the airport or into Manhattan at midnight?
- 7 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 8 new york subway help please
- 9 NYC hotel/July
- 10 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 11 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 12 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 13 NYC with my 13 year old
- 14 Las Vegas must sees
- 15 Girls' Getaway
- 16 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 17 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 18 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 19 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 22 Florida SunPass mini-transponder
- 23 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 24 California: Getty museum
- 25 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)