My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 2 Beer Bar - NYC
- 3 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 4 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 5 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 6 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 7 First Trip to New Mexico
- 8 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 9 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 10 Seattle?
- 11 November redwoods trip
- 12 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 13 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 14 costco Big island
- 15 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 16 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 17 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 18 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 19 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 20 Wedding gifts?
- 21 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 22 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 23 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 24 Layover
- 25 Washington DC to Niagara Falls