My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 2 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 3 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 4 Seaside, California
- 5 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 6 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 7 Denali
- 8 JFK Terminal 8
- 9 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 10 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 11 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 12 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 13 Maine in May?
- 14 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 15 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 16 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 17 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 18 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 19 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 20 Bed and Breakfast
- 21 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 22 What car service?
- 23 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 24 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 25 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?