My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newmusclesupplements.com/neuro-boost-iq/
- 2 hotel in NYC
- 3 Bug bites, help!
- 4 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 5 TSA Security Question
- 6 Traveling out west
- 7 Sonoma alley in May
- 8 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 9 Travel from Seattle w to San Francisco
- 10 Photographing the Palouse
- 11 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 12 Need advice for a 3 days trip to Sedona then Grand Canyon
- 13 Little Gasparilla Island or Similar
- 14 Airbnb and Santa Fe/Where to Stay
- 15 Southern California and young kids
- 16 Staten Island, Statue of LIberty
- 17 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 18 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 19 Hotel in Austin
- 20 Austin TX restaurants
- 21 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 22 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 23 Driving from Wisconsin to Vail Co in Mid October
- 24 911 Museum
- 25 Lake Champlain, VT