My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Road trip to Mt. Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 family celebration trip
- 2 New England September
- 3 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 4 searching for urban master planned community
- 5 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 6 Deep South sept 2015
- 7 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 8 Hawaii Group Travel
- 9 Austin Food Trucks
- 10 New York To Ashville NC
- 11 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 12 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 13 Fmpden, are you there?
- 14 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 15 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?
- 16 Southern NJ and Bucks County PA - how's it look?
- 17 Train from Memphis to New Orleans
- 18 Charleston Islands
- 19 Family Spring Break 2015
- 20 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 21 san diego or nearby area
- 22 Mother Daughter Trip
- 23 Favorite Lodging/Dining in Jackson Falls, WY
- 24 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 25 Best VoIP headset?