My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 2 Kids Vacation Place
- 3 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 4 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 5 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 6 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 7 Day in Spokane
- 8 Napa valley getaway
- 9 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 10 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 11 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 12 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 13 Desert Southwest
- 14 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 15 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 16 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 17 Boston waterfront Italian
- 18 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 19 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 20 Zion and Bryce in July
- 21 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 22 First time, Best business class?
- 23 What to pack
- 24 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 25 summer vacation