My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southwest Colorado and beetle kill
- 2 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 3 Pacific Coast Drive, San Francisco to Seattle
- 4 Blue Whale Inn, RI
- 5 A weekend in Alaska: Northern Lights and more
- 6 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 7 Kauai in November
- 8 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 9 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 10 Grade 12 subjects
- 11 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 12 what western states to spend the most time in
- 13 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 14 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 15 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 16 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 17 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 18 Alcatraz Tour in SF
- 19 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 20 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 21 San Francisco Area - 8 days
- 22 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 23 Hollywood Beach, Margarittaville Resort
- 24 Road trip fron San Francisco to Seattle
- 25 Planning for June 2017 Grand Canyon Trip