My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 2 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 3 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 4 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 5 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 6 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 7 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 8 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 9 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 10 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 11 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 12 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 13 sugestions
- 14 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 15 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 16 Rules of the NY Subway
- 17 Big Sur Help!!
- 18 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 19 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 20 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 21 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 22 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 23 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 24 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 25 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn