My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Road trip to Mt. Rushmore
- 1 Trying To Find a Place
- 2 Minnesota State Fair
- 3 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 4 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 5 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 6 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 7 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 8 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 9 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 10 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 11 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 12 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 13 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 14 Logan Express
- 15 Yet another question about which DC Metro pass to purchase
- 16 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 17 Looking for inexpensive lodging near Dulles Airport
- 18 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 19 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 20 One day in NYC
- 21 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 22 Columbus food !
- 23 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 24 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 25 Late night transportation PDX to downtown Portland?