My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Road trip to Mt. Rushmore
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 2 Advice on Roadtrip
- 3 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 4 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 5 Specific Hotel & Activity Help Seattle - Sheraton or Switch?
- 6 Zion the narrows
- 7 Seattle Transportation??
- 8 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 9 Cabin in Asheville area
- 10 New England Family Trip - August
- 11 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 12 Anyone familiar with America Car Rental?
- 13 Twenty Nine Palms to Dana Point, CA
- 14 Cell phone service in Moab
- 15 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 16 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 17 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 19 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 20 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 21 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 22 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 23 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 24 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 25 Another Trip to DC for baseball!