My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Road trip to Mt. Rushmore
- 1 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 2 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 3 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 4 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 5 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 6 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 7 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 8 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 9 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 10 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 11 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 12 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 13 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 14 St. Augustine, Florida
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 San Antonio
- 17 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 18 hotel near Met NYC
- 19 Where should I move to?
- 20 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 21 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 22 Fripp island
- 23 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 24 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 25 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip