My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 2 Airfares in the 1970's
- 3 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 4 Relocating to the Deep South
- 5 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 6 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 7 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 8 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 9 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 10 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 11 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 12 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 13 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 14 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 15 Seattle to San Francisco
- 16 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 17 San Francisco and Napa
- 18 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 19 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 20 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 21 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 22 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 23 Budget NYC hotel
- 24 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 25 Timeshare on Cape Cod