My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 2 Where to stop from Litchfield Beach to Sharpsburg, Maryland
- 3 Columbia River Gorge - best scenic route in WA or OR?
- 4 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 5 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 6 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 7 Mendocino Hiking
- 8 Yurts in Shenandoah/ Blue Ridge VA??
- 9 The New Whitney
- 10 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 11 Berkshires with a toddler
- 12 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 13 Should I cancel Florida vacation?
- 14 Ashland, Wisconsin
- 15 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 16 Highway 1 motels
- 17 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 18 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 19 Grand Canyon Rafting Companies
- 20 11 days SE coast road trip
- 21 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 22 NC large cabin rental - Thanksgiving
- 23 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 24 Deep South sept 2015
- 25 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?