My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 2 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 3 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 4 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 5 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 6 Newark to Paris
- 7 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 8 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 9 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 10 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 11 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 12 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 13 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 14 Napa Valley Hotel
- 15 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 16 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 17 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 18 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 19 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 20 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 21 Depot Bay OR
- 22 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 23 A June trip to Kauai
- 24 Across the United States by Train
- 25 Phone SIM