My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 2 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 3 New orleans recs for family
- 4 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 5 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 6 Later Winter around Mobile
- 7 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 8 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 9 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 10 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 11 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 12 Uber boston
- 13 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 14 Florida keys trip
- 15 First Time to Maine - Itinerary Help!
- 16 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 17 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 18 Florida beach vacation
- 19 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 20 Hawaii Help
- 21 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 22 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 23 HAWAII; HELP!
- 24 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 25 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids