My wife & I are planning to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul from England in the late summer of 2010, rent a car and spend three weeks in the States. The main point of this trip will be to visit Mount Rushmore and spend a few days in that area.
Does anyone have suggestions for places that we might visit on the way there or back, please?
Our key criteria are that we shun interstates and try to do loops, avoiding covering the same route where possible. This will be our tenth visit to the USA and we are used to working out itineraries once we know what not to miss. We can get route details from the net, so what we need is to hear some enthusiastic advocacy of places to the north or south of the direct route.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 2 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 3 October in Colorado
- 4 Boston to New York
- 5 Mobile Suggestions
- 6 One day in Dallas
- 7 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 8 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 9 What to do in myrtle beach…and where to dine
- 10 Best Router driving rental truck to go to Long beach, NY
- 11 Pensacola Suggestions
- 12 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 13 Nova Star
- 14 4 Days in LV
- 15 7 days in Colorado
- 16 louisiana bayou
- 17 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 18 Biloxi Suggestions
- 19 myrtle beach
- 20 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 21 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 22 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 23 Trip To Anchorage, Alaska
- 24 Getting from Denver International Airport to the city and other places
- 25 Grand Canyon Railway and Hotel?