Hi, My wife and I are from the UK and we're hoping to spend 3 weeks on a road trip in the USA, in late-summer 2014. We'll probably start by flying into Chicago (or New York) from Manchester, then fly straight on to southern Montana (Bozeman or Billings?), pick up a rental car and look around that area for 3 or 4 days, then drive through Yellowstone (Wyoming), across Idaho towards Portland, then drive across to the Oregon coast where we'd like to stay for the final (3rd) week. Any suggestions on worthwhile towns and areas to see along the way would be appreciated.
Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 2 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 3 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 4 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 5 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 6 moving to florida
- 7 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 8 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 9 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 10 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 11 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 12 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 13 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 14 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 15 Cape Cod trip report
- 16 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 17 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 18 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 19 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 20 Road Trip SW
- 21 Seafood
- 22 2 weeks in Alaska
- 23 San Diego farmer's markets
- 24 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 25 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!