Hi, My wife and I are from the UK and we're hoping to spend 3 weeks on a road trip in the USA, in late-summer 2014. We'll probably start by flying into Chicago (or New York) from Manchester, then fly straight on to southern Montana (Bozeman or Billings?), pick up a rental car and look around that area for 3 or 4 days, then drive through Yellowstone (Wyoming), across Idaho towards Portland, then drive across to the Oregon coast where we'd like to stay for the final (3rd) week. Any suggestions on worthwhile towns and areas to see along the way would be appreciated.
Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 2 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 3 Burlington VT day trip
- 4 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 5 SLC and JAC?? - ski advice needed
- 6 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 7 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 8 Two airports to choose from?
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 11 Apartment Rentals DC
- 12 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 13 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 14 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 15 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 16 please advise on my Seattle-Vancouver itinerary
- 17 DC - Choosing a place to stay where the action is!
- 18 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 19 Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- 20 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 21 Western North Carolina
- 22 Kayaking in Kauai
- 23 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 24 LV-Zion-Bryce-GC trip: itenerary help
- 25 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT