Hi, My wife and I are from the UK and we're hoping to spend 3 weeks on a road trip in the USA, in late-summer 2014. We'll probably start by flying into Chicago (or New York) from Manchester, then fly straight on to southern Montana (Bozeman or Billings?), pick up a rental car and look around that area for 3 or 4 days, then drive through Yellowstone (Wyoming), across Idaho towards Portland, then drive across to the Oregon coast where we'd like to stay for the final (3rd) week. Any suggestions on worthwhile towns and areas to see along the way would be appreciated.
Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Phoenix restaurants
- 2 5 week in US/Mexico
- 3 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 4 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 5 10 day trip to California
- 6 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 7 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 10 Rafting near Denali
- 11 New York City Restaurants
- 12 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 13 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 14 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 15 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 16 Kennedy Space Center
- 17 Week in October in Maine
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 20 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 21 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 22 B-Day Mini adventure
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 25 Timeshare Nightmares