Hi, My wife and I are from the UK and we're hoping to spend 3 weeks on a road trip in the USA, in late-summer 2014. We'll probably start by flying into Chicago (or New York) from Manchester, then fly straight on to southern Montana (Bozeman or Billings?), pick up a rental car and look around that area for 3 or 4 days, then drive through Yellowstone (Wyoming), across Idaho towards Portland, then drive across to the Oregon coast where we'd like to stay for the final (3rd) week. Any suggestions on worthwhile towns and areas to see along the way would be appreciated.
Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 2 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 3 California road trip
- 4 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 5 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 6 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 7 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 8 ONP help
- 9 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 10 Savanah Sojourn
- 11 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 12 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 13 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 14 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 15 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 16 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 17 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 18 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 19 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 20 Seattle Hyatts
- 21 Seattle: Something Different?
- 22 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 23 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 24 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 25 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?