I'm trying to plan a road trip of about 5 to 6 days. I've never done a road trip out west before, so any input is welcomed. I only have a couple places I really want to see, if there is anything else I should look into please let me know. The initial plan is to fly into Portland then drive to Silver Falls State Park to do a little hiking. I wanted to spend the night there and then head to the Oregon Dunes National Rec area and possibly rent a dune buggy. From there I wanted to drive down to the Redwood National Park and do some more hiking there. Then continue down to Mendocino, CA for a little exploring and then finish up in San Francisco for my departing flight. Anything else I should put in to this itinerary? Thanks for all the help.
Road Trip- Portland Oregon to San Francisco
- 1 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 2 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 3 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 4 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 5 Using public transit in San Diego
- 6 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 7 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 8 Albuquerque to Denver
- 9 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 10 Help with NYC transit
- 11 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 12 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 13 Boston Area College Tour
- 14 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 15 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 16 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 17 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 18 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 19 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 20 D.C. in a day
- 21 Door County
- 22 10 Days in Maine
- 23 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 24 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 25 A Visit to Charleston