My husband and I are planning a road trip from New York to Hilton Head, SC in June. We'll be travelling with our two children - 3 and 5-years old. We would like to break up the trip somewhere in the middle and I would welcome any suggestions as to where is a good place to stop for a day or two. Something fun, outdoor, different. We really wanted to visit the NC mountains but it turned out to be a huge detour. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 2 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 3 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 4 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 5 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 6 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 7 Parking in Naples Florida
- 8 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 9 San Antonio, Texas
- 10 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 11 Boston Airport Hotels
- 12 Nashville Never Been
- 13 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 14 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 15 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 16 Uber boston
- 17 Week long trip--Dallas/Austin/SA
- 18 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 19 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 20 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 21 Colorado Itinerary
- 22 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 23 What is there to do on MAUI
- 24 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 25 Grand Teton National Park Review
Road trip New York-South Carolina with kids, where to stop for a day?