My family will be leaving soon on a two week road trip to the east coast. We have two 13 year olds that will be traveling with us. We would like to travel at a leasurely pace and stop at cities of interest. Having never traveled there before, we are looking for suggestions on what cities would be good to go to. We definitely want to stop in Springfield, IL to see the Lincoln Museum, Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, possibly Nashville, TN, the Great Smoky Mountains, and Wilmington, NC. Suggestions on where to stop and what to see and where to eat would be greatly appreciated. We enjoy beautiful scenery, swimming, music, fun and interesting places to visit.
Road trip loop from Chicago to the Carolinas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 2 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 3 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 4 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 5 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 6 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 7 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 8 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 9 Vegas hotels for families
- 10 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 11 Hilton Midtown New York
- 12 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 13 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 14 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 15 Tour companies
- 16 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 17 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 18 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 19 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 20 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 24 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 25 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?