My family will be leaving soon on a two week road trip to the east coast. We have two 13 year olds that will be traveling with us. We would like to travel at a leasurely pace and stop at cities of interest. Having never traveled there before, we are looking for suggestions on what cities would be good to go to. We definitely want to stop in Springfield, IL to see the Lincoln Museum, Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, possibly Nashville, TN, the Great Smoky Mountains, and Wilmington, NC. Suggestions on where to stop and what to see and where to eat would be greatly appreciated. We enjoy beautiful scenery, swimming, music, fun and interesting places to visit.
Road trip loop from Chicago to the Carolinas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HOW TO WEAR: BIRKENSTOCK SANDALS FOR WOMEN
- 2 Romantic destination in the US
- 3 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 4 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 5 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 6 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 7 Moving out of states from Florida
- 8 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 9 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 10 family road trip
- 11 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 12 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 13 Alaska Trip Planning
- 14 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 15 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 16 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 17 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 18 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 19 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 20 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 21 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 22 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 23 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 24 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 25 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?