My family will be leaving soon on a two week road trip to the east coast. We have two 13 year olds that will be traveling with us. We would like to travel at a leasurely pace and stop at cities of interest. Having never traveled there before, we are looking for suggestions on what cities would be good to go to. We definitely want to stop in Springfield, IL to see the Lincoln Museum, Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, possibly Nashville, TN, the Great Smoky Mountains, and Wilmington, NC. Suggestions on where to stop and what to see and where to eat would be greatly appreciated. We enjoy beautiful scenery, swimming, music, fun and interesting places to visit.
Road trip loop from Chicago to the Carolinas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to dress in Vegas
- 2 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 3 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 4 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 5 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 6 Sonoma or napa?
- 7 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 8 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 9 USA trip
- 10 Black Hills Trip Report
- 11 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 12 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 13 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 14 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 15 Cape Cod in October
- 16 Air Connections on Maui
- 17 Theater Historians
- 18 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 19 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 20 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 21 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 22 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 23 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 24 Getaway
- 25 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?