My family will be leaving soon on a two week road trip to the east coast. We have two 13 year olds that will be traveling with us. We would like to travel at a leasurely pace and stop at cities of interest. Having never traveled there before, we are looking for suggestions on what cities would be good to go to. We definitely want to stop in Springfield, IL to see the Lincoln Museum, Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, possibly Nashville, TN, the Great Smoky Mountains, and Wilmington, NC. Suggestions on where to stop and what to see and where to eat would be greatly appreciated. We enjoy beautiful scenery, swimming, music, fun and interesting places to visit.
Road trip loop from Chicago to the Carolinas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Thhings to see in two week/one way road trip from Denver to San Fran
- 2 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 3 Scenic Road Trip: Denver to Los Angeles or to San Francisco?
- 4 denver to badlands
- 5 2 Weeks from Denver to Seattle
- 6 Denver CO/RMNP & Boulder itinerary suggestions
- 7 Denver Area Itinerary Suggestions
- 8 Denver Itinerary for 3 nights 4 days
- 9 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 10 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 11 Denver Area To Do (couple) - Side Trips Too
- 12 Grand Teton, Yellowstone & Glacier via Denver
- 13 Minneapolis>ND>SD>Denver
- 14 Ogunquit to Boston Logan Travel Time
- 15 Best scenic route from Denver to Charleston sc
- 16 Suggestions for Restaurant in Boulder & Sports Bar in Denver
- 17 Roadtrip from Fort Wayne to Denver, what to see???
- 18 Quick Denver Trip!
- 19 4 nights in/near Denver with kids?
- 20 Snowmobiling and Casino?
- 21 Please help plan our road trip from Denver to San Francisco
- 22 Vanc BC-Balti w/change in Denver - how much time for immigration?
- 23 San Francisco - mid October
- 24 Road Trip Visit - Denver, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore
- 25 Getting from Denver to Colorado Springs [options?]