My family will be leaving soon on a two week road trip to the east coast. We have two 13 year olds that will be traveling with us. We would like to travel at a leasurely pace and stop at cities of interest. Having never traveled there before, we are looking for suggestions on what cities would be good to go to. We definitely want to stop in Springfield, IL to see the Lincoln Museum, Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, possibly Nashville, TN, the Great Smoky Mountains, and Wilmington, NC. Suggestions on where to stop and what to see and where to eat would be greatly appreciated. We enjoy beautiful scenery, swimming, music, fun and interesting places to visit.
Road trip loop from Chicago to the Carolinas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 2 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 3 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 4 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 5 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 6 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 7 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 8 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 9 Santa Barbara, California
- 10 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 11 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 12 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 13 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 14 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 15 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 16 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 17 Road Trip SW
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 California road trip
- 20 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 21 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 22 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 23 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 24 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 25 Yosemite Fire