My family will be leaving soon on a two week road trip to the east coast. We have two 13 year olds that will be traveling with us. We would like to travel at a leasurely pace and stop at cities of interest. Having never traveled there before, we are looking for suggestions on what cities would be good to go to. We definitely want to stop in Springfield, IL to see the Lincoln Museum, Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, possibly Nashville, TN, the Great Smoky Mountains, and Wilmington, NC. Suggestions on where to stop and what to see and where to eat would be greatly appreciated. We enjoy beautiful scenery, swimming, music, fun and interesting places to visit.
Road trip loop from Chicago to the Carolinas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 san diego or nearby area
- 2 Thank goodness for this service!
- 3 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 4 Texas
- 5 Los Angeles day trips
- 6 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 7 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 8 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 9 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 10 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 11 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 12 Self guided White House tour
- 13 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 14 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 15 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 16 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 17 Northwest USA
- 18 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 19 middlebury vt snow
- 20 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 21 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 22 LA for a day and a half
- 23 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 24 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 25 What is the weather like in Kona in November?