My family will be leaving soon on a two week road trip to the east coast. We have two 13 year olds that will be traveling with us. We would like to travel at a leasurely pace and stop at cities of interest. Having never traveled there before, we are looking for suggestions on what cities would be good to go to. We definitely want to stop in Springfield, IL to see the Lincoln Museum, Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, possibly Nashville, TN, the Great Smoky Mountains, and Wilmington, NC. Suggestions on where to stop and what to see and where to eat would be greatly appreciated. We enjoy beautiful scenery, swimming, music, fun and interesting places to visit.
Road trip loop from Chicago to the Carolinas
View all United States activity »
- 1 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 2 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 3 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 4 Biloxi questions again
- 5 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 6 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 7 Madison Square Garden
- 8 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 9 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 10 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 11 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 12 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 13 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 14 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 15 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 16 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 17 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 18 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 19 Warm and don't Drive
- 20 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 21 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 22 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 23 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville