My family will be leaving soon on a two week road trip to the east coast. We have two 13 year olds that will be traveling with us. We would like to travel at a leasurely pace and stop at cities of interest. Having never traveled there before, we are looking for suggestions on what cities would be good to go to. We definitely want to stop in Springfield, IL to see the Lincoln Museum, Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, possibly Nashville, TN, the Great Smoky Mountains, and Wilmington, NC. Suggestions on where to stop and what to see and where to eat would be greatly appreciated. We enjoy beautiful scenery, swimming, music, fun and interesting places to visit.
Road trip loop from Chicago to the Carolinas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC theatre broadway
- 2 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 3 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 A day in Dallas
- 6 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 7 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 8 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 9 Door County Suggestions
- 10 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 11 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 12 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 13 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 14 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 18 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 19 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 20 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 21 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 22 San Diego parks and attractions
- 23 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 24 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 25 Other places like Chautauqua Institution