My family will be leaving soon on a two week road trip to the east coast. We have two 13 year olds that will be traveling with us. We would like to travel at a leasurely pace and stop at cities of interest. Having never traveled there before, we are looking for suggestions on what cities would be good to go to. We definitely want to stop in Springfield, IL to see the Lincoln Museum, Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, possibly Nashville, TN, the Great Smoky Mountains, and Wilmington, NC. Suggestions on where to stop and what to see and where to eat would be greatly appreciated. We enjoy beautiful scenery, swimming, music, fun and interesting places to visit.
Road trip loop from Chicago to the Carolinas
View all United States activity »
- 1 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 2 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 3 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 4 One day in Washington DC
- 5 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 6 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 7 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 8 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 9 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 10 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 11 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 12 RIP Judy Rogers
- 13 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 14 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 15 Boston area
- 16 Savanah Sojourn
- 17 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 18 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 19 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 20 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 21 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 22 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 23 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 24 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 25 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?