I would love to get some recommendations for a road trip my boyfriend and I have planned for May 30th/31st to June 3rd. We live in Las Vegas and we're planning to head to Monterey, CA for a wedding on June 1st. We were planning on possibly leaving Vegas on that Thursday, May 30th and heading up that way instead of wasting all Friday driving, but we'd like to see as much of the coast/scenery we could (which if that means waiting until VERY early Friday morning to leave, that works too...we're open to breaking up the trip).
Does anyone have any recommendations of which route to take to Monterey? I'm from the midwest originally so I am not as familiar with the west coast at ALL! I was told a little about Big Sur, which I THINK is on the way....but the more places we can stop, the better. We were going to be at the wedding the 1st, then hang around Monterey the 2nd, then head back the 3rd, so we can definitely see stuff on the way back as well. But we HAVE to be in Monterey by that Friday.
Thanks so much for the help!!!
Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 1 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 2 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 3 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 4 One day in Washington DC
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 7 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 10 San Antonio
- 11 hotel near Met NYC
- 12 Key West on NYE
- 13 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 16 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 17 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 18 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 19 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 20 Hotel near Public Theater
- 21 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 22 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 23 Oahu Information
- 24 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 25 Wailea Maui Restaurants