I would love to get some recommendations for a road trip my boyfriend and I have planned for May 30th/31st to June 3rd. We live in Las Vegas and we're planning to head to Monterey, CA for a wedding on June 1st. We were planning on possibly leaving Vegas on that Thursday, May 30th and heading up that way instead of wasting all Friday driving, but we'd like to see as much of the coast/scenery we could (which if that means waiting until VERY early Friday morning to leave, that works too...we're open to breaking up the trip).
Does anyone have any recommendations of which route to take to Monterey? I'm from the midwest originally so I am not as familiar with the west coast at ALL! I was told a little about Big Sur, which I THINK is on the way....but the more places we can stop, the better. We were going to be at the wedding the 1st, then hang around Monterey the 2nd, then head back the 3rd, so we can definitely see stuff on the way back as well. But we HAVE to be in Monterey by that Friday.
Thanks so much for the help!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 2 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 3 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 4 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?
- 5 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 6 I need your help
- 7 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 8 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 9 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 10 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC
- 11 Biloxi Suggestions
- 12 Martha's Vineyard area
- 13 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 14 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 15 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 16 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 17 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 18 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 19 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 20 Maui: 2014 Christmas week
- 21 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 22 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 23 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 24 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 25 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12