I would love to get some recommendations for a road trip my boyfriend and I have planned for May 30th/31st to June 3rd. We live in Las Vegas and we're planning to head to Monterey, CA for a wedding on June 1st. We were planning on possibly leaving Vegas on that Thursday, May 30th and heading up that way instead of wasting all Friday driving, but we'd like to see as much of the coast/scenery we could (which if that means waiting until VERY early Friday morning to leave, that works too...we're open to breaking up the trip).
Does anyone have any recommendations of which route to take to Monterey? I'm from the midwest originally so I am not as familiar with the west coast at ALL! I was told a little about Big Sur, which I THINK is on the way....but the more places we can stop, the better. We were going to be at the wedding the 1st, then hang around Monterey the 2nd, then head back the 3rd, so we can definitely see stuff on the way back as well. But we HAVE to be in Monterey by that Friday.
Thanks so much for the help!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
- 2 First time to Alaska
- 3 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 4 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 5 Hawaii - where?
- 6 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 7 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 8 BBQ
- 9 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 10 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 11 Anaheim - no car
- 12 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 13 Pacific Northwest
- 14 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 15 Things to do in NYC
- 16 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 17 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 18 24 days out west
- 19 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 20 Hawaii Cruise
- 21 New York best app
- 22 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 23 New Orleans Streetcars
- 24 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 25 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets