I would love to get some recommendations for a road trip my boyfriend and I have planned for May 30th/31st to June 3rd. We live in Las Vegas and we're planning to head to Monterey, CA for a wedding on June 1st. We were planning on possibly leaving Vegas on that Thursday, May 30th and heading up that way instead of wasting all Friday driving, but we'd like to see as much of the coast/scenery we could (which if that means waiting until VERY early Friday morning to leave, that works too...we're open to breaking up the trip).
Does anyone have any recommendations of which route to take to Monterey? I'm from the midwest originally so I am not as familiar with the west coast at ALL! I was told a little about Big Sur, which I THINK is on the way....but the more places we can stop, the better. We were going to be at the wedding the 1st, then hang around Monterey the 2nd, then head back the 3rd, so we can definitely see stuff on the way back as well. But we HAVE to be in Monterey by that Friday.
Thanks so much for the help!!!
Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 8 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 15 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 New York City Christmas Trip
- 19 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 20 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 21 Colorado Skiing
- 22 American Honeymoon in March
- 23 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area