I would love to get some recommendations for a road trip my boyfriend and I have planned for May 30th/31st to June 3rd. We live in Las Vegas and we're planning to head to Monterey, CA for a wedding on June 1st. We were planning on possibly leaving Vegas on that Thursday, May 30th and heading up that way instead of wasting all Friday driving, but we'd like to see as much of the coast/scenery we could (which if that means waiting until VERY early Friday morning to leave, that works too...we're open to breaking up the trip).
Does anyone have any recommendations of which route to take to Monterey? I'm from the midwest originally so I am not as familiar with the west coast at ALL! I was told a little about Big Sur, which I THINK is on the way....but the more places we can stop, the better. We were going to be at the wedding the 1st, then hang around Monterey the 2nd, then head back the 3rd, so we can definitely see stuff on the way back as well. But we HAVE to be in Monterey by that Friday.
Thanks so much for the help!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vitapulse By Shaperich
- 2 http://isscamreview.com/binary-trust-method/
- 3 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 4 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 5 San Antonio shopping
- 6 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 7 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 8 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 9 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 10 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 11 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 12 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 13 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 14 First Trip to New Mexico
- 15 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 16 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 17 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 18 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 19 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 20 Which island for R&R?
- 21 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 22 blue ridge parkway?
- 23 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 24 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 25 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy