I would love to get some recommendations for a road trip my boyfriend and I have planned for May 30th/31st to June 3rd. We live in Las Vegas and we're planning to head to Monterey, CA for a wedding on June 1st. We were planning on possibly leaving Vegas on that Thursday, May 30th and heading up that way instead of wasting all Friday driving, but we'd like to see as much of the coast/scenery we could (which if that means waiting until VERY early Friday morning to leave, that works too...we're open to breaking up the trip).
Does anyone have any recommendations of which route to take to Monterey? I'm from the midwest originally so I am not as familiar with the west coast at ALL! I was told a little about Big Sur, which I THINK is on the way....but the more places we can stop, the better. We were going to be at the wedding the 1st, then hang around Monterey the 2nd, then head back the 3rd, so we can definitely see stuff on the way back as well. But we HAVE to be in Monterey by that Friday.
Thanks so much for the help!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 2 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 3 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 4 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 5 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 6 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 7 Rhode Island Get Away
- 8 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 9 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 10 Vancouver to Washington State
- 11 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 12 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 13 Glacier National Park 2018
- 14 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 15 Adirondacks trip repot
- 16 New England Tour
- 17 Carmel CA lodging
- 18 Driving CA 395
- 19 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 20 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 21 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 22 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 23 Maui and Kauai
- 24 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 25 Hawaii wedding