I would love to get some recommendations for a road trip my boyfriend and I have planned for May 30th/31st to June 3rd. We live in Las Vegas and we're planning to head to Monterey, CA for a wedding on June 1st. We were planning on possibly leaving Vegas on that Thursday, May 30th and heading up that way instead of wasting all Friday driving, but we'd like to see as much of the coast/scenery we could (which if that means waiting until VERY early Friday morning to leave, that works too...we're open to breaking up the trip).
Does anyone have any recommendations of which route to take to Monterey? I'm from the midwest originally so I am not as familiar with the west coast at ALL! I was told a little about Big Sur, which I THINK is on the way....but the more places we can stop, the better. We were going to be at the wedding the 1st, then hang around Monterey the 2nd, then head back the 3rd, so we can definitely see stuff on the way back as well. But we HAVE to be in Monterey by that Friday.
Thanks so much for the help!!!
Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2 San Diego parks and attractions
- 3 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 4 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 5 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 6 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 7 Universal studios/Orlando
- 8 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 9 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 12 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 13 Alaska
- 14 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 15 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 20 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 21 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 22 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 23 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 24 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 25 Car rental through Priceline bidding