I would love to get some recommendations for a road trip my boyfriend and I have planned for May 30th/31st to June 3rd. We live in Las Vegas and we're planning to head to Monterey, CA for a wedding on June 1st. We were planning on possibly leaving Vegas on that Thursday, May 30th and heading up that way instead of wasting all Friday driving, but we'd like to see as much of the coast/scenery we could (which if that means waiting until VERY early Friday morning to leave, that works too...we're open to breaking up the trip).
Does anyone have any recommendations of which route to take to Monterey? I'm from the midwest originally so I am not as familiar with the west coast at ALL! I was told a little about Big Sur, which I THINK is on the way....but the more places we can stop, the better. We were going to be at the wedding the 1st, then hang around Monterey the 2nd, then head back the 3rd, so we can definitely see stuff on the way back as well. But we HAVE to be in Monterey by that Friday.
Thanks so much for the help!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving soon (blindly!) and would love suggestions
- 2 Boston to Bar Harbor or Bangor to Bar Harbor
- 3 9 am - 5pm layover LAX - what to do?
- 4 Intimate Destination Wedding location help
- 5 Driving to Minnesota from Jacksonville fl help
- 6 Florida Keys
- 7 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 8 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 9 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 10 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 11 Hawaii
- 12 Moving to a new state
- 13 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 14 Toying with Maine/Vermont road trip
- 15 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 16 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 17 How many states have you been to?
- 18 Kauai planning help
- 19 travel to Oahu (waikiki)
- 20 Day trip to the North Shore Kauai
- 21 Fine dining in South shore area of Kauai
- 22 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 23 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 24 USA, Trip to the south
- 25 Ferry info