I would love to get some recommendations for a road trip my boyfriend and I have planned for May 30th/31st to June 3rd. We live in Las Vegas and we're planning to head to Monterey, CA for a wedding on June 1st. We were planning on possibly leaving Vegas on that Thursday, May 30th and heading up that way instead of wasting all Friday driving, but we'd like to see as much of the coast/scenery we could (which if that means waiting until VERY early Friday morning to leave, that works too...we're open to breaking up the trip).
Does anyone have any recommendations of which route to take to Monterey? I'm from the midwest originally so I am not as familiar with the west coast at ALL! I was told a little about Big Sur, which I THINK is on the way....but the more places we can stop, the better. We were going to be at the wedding the 1st, then hang around Monterey the 2nd, then head back the 3rd, so we can definitely see stuff on the way back as well. But we HAVE to be in Monterey by that Friday.
Thanks so much for the help!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newmusclesupplements.com/alpha-force-testo/
- 2 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 3 Las Vegas Vacation
- 4 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 5 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 6 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 7 Traveling Alone
- 8 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?
- 9 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 10 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 11 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 12 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 13 Glacier National Park
- 14 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 15 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 16 Vegas with toddler twins
- 17 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 18 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 19 Arizona in late January
- 20 New Mexico in May
- 21 disneyland
- 22 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 23 Family road trip Washington DC-Stuart, Florida
- 24 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 25 Christmas Dinner in NYC?