We(a friend and I) are thinking about going on a longer roadtrip in the States next summer. At the time of the drive, we'll be 21 and 26 and both of us are female(if that's important for ant reason). Both of us have experience driving 8-10 hours on a day.
We have about 6 weeks to do it, time can be added at the beginning, but we need to be back in Europe by August 25, since school starts shortly after that.
So the idea we're playing with at the moment is something like this:
Fly to New Orleans, stay for a few days
Dallas - stay a bit, possibly at hostel to meet other people?
Albuquerque - maybe?
Las Vegas - stay a bit
--From Los Angeles we thought about doing a 3-4 day cruise to Mexico, most are to Ensenada.***
San Francisco - stay a bit, also possibly a hostel
Seattle, WA - stay a bit - fly home from here
The "-"s represent smaller towns, day on the roads, seeing things along the way, whatever people think could be fun to add.
*** I have read a few places, that some people have trouble coming back into the country, after getting back from Mexico. Is this something we should consider?
What we generally want to do/see on the trip:
- The whole nature thing. Meaning camping(bringing a tent), go on hikes, photography, seeing wild animals, lakes, waterfalls and beautiful forests etc.
- Amusement parks, I love rollercoasters and have been to most of the parks on the East Coast in the last couple of years.
- Museums, both the serious art kind and the not so art kind
- Football/Seahawks fans, hoping we'll be able to catch a game along the way or in Seattle at the end. Will probably plan towards this
- In Europe, on previous trips, we have stayed at alternative places like monasteries/convents, meditation centers/retreats etc so any suggestions on something like this could have interest.
Other than that, we just want to have a fun trip and see as much as possible, before the my friend starts uni.
We're not on any type of tight budget
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kech YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 TECH SUPP0RT CARE
- 2 (U S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 3 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 4 New Itinerary
- 5 Help with Northwest Trip
- 6 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 7 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 8 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 9 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 10 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 11 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 12 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 13 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 14 road trip
- 15 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 16 Gmail phishing attack is Become tricky
- 17 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 18 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 19 Orlando area weather in June
- 20 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 21 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 22 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 23 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 24 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
- 25 Myrtle beach