We(a friend and I) are thinking about going on a longer roadtrip in the States next summer. At the time of the drive, we'll be 21 and 26 and both of us are female(if that's important for ant reason). Both of us have experience driving 8-10 hours on a day.
We have about 6 weeks to do it, time can be added at the beginning, but we need to be back in Europe by August 25, since school starts shortly after that.
So the idea we're playing with at the moment is something like this:
Fly to New Orleans, stay for a few days
Dallas - stay a bit, possibly at hostel to meet other people?
Albuquerque - maybe?
Las Vegas - stay a bit
--From Los Angeles we thought about doing a 3-4 day cruise to Mexico, most are to Ensenada.***
San Francisco - stay a bit, also possibly a hostel
Seattle, WA - stay a bit - fly home from here
The "-"s represent smaller towns, day on the roads, seeing things along the way, whatever people think could be fun to add.
*** I have read a few places, that some people have trouble coming back into the country, after getting back from Mexico. Is this something we should consider?
What we generally want to do/see on the trip:
- The whole nature thing. Meaning camping(bringing a tent), go on hikes, photography, seeing wild animals, lakes, waterfalls and beautiful forests etc.
- Amusement parks, I love rollercoasters and have been to most of the parks on the East Coast in the last couple of years.
- Museums, both the serious art kind and the not so art kind
- Football/Seahawks fans, hoping we'll be able to catch a game along the way or in Seattle at the end. Will probably plan towards this
- In Europe, on previous trips, we have stayed at alternative places like monasteries/convents, meditation centers/retreats etc so any suggestions on something like this could have interest.
Other than that, we just want to have a fun trip and see as much as possible, before the my friend starts uni.
We're not on any type of tight budget
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jersey shore to OBX
- 2 Steakhouse in Colorado Springs area
- 3 Family Beach Vacation in Belmar at the Jersey Shore
- 4 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro
- 5 Seattle, Redwoods in Oregon and Yosemite
- 6 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 7 Visiting to USA NY
- 8 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 9 Trip Report: Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, September 2016
- 10 What's the best 2-3 day vacation you've ever had?
- 11 New Hampshire & Vermont trip
- 12 East Hampton vs. South Hampton?
- 13 Follow Easy Ways For Weight Loss
- 14 http://www.healthbuzzer.com/coal-cosmetic-moisturizer/
- 15 http://maleenhancementshop.info/coal-moisturizer/
- 16 Eliminates the design of dark circles
- 17 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 18 SPIRIT airlines FLL to DFW
- 19 Winery recommendations OR and WA
- 20 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 21 Suggestions for 6-hour LAX layover from Vancouver with 3-yr old son
- 22 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 23 Mountain Honeymoon
- 24 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 25 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy