Good morning all,
Am new to the forum, new to the US actually as relocated from London UK to NYC in September.
Thinking of exporing the great outdoors in the region, so thought about a road trip leaving NYC probably early or mid may, for 2 to 3 weeks, in a rented car.
Would like to see the coast, obviously, and the land, love hiking, food, coffee, nature, etc...
So thought about leaving to Vermont, then back on the coast on the Road 1 or something similar.
Any recommendations on where to stop, motels, places, food, road, must see, must avoid, maps, hikes, itinerary, music, books, etc?
Am on a budget (especially being on my own), but can always stretch a bit if needed for the right things if it's worth it!
Thanks again and maybe i see yo on the road !
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 2 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 3 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 4 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 5 Northwest Passage
- 6 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 7 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 8 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 9 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 10 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 11 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 12 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 13 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 14 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 15 Northwest Car Trip
- 16 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 17 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 18 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 19 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 20 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 21 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 22 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 23 Sonoma
- 24 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 25 Alaska cruise
Road trip in New England starting from NYC, early-mid may, 3 weeks
Good morning all,