Wonder if any of you kind people can help
Coming over from Scotland and I am planning a road trip around California etc lasting a few weeks during June / July 2013.
I will have with me my wife, my daugter , my son in lawand my granddaughter (aged 13 years) We have a wide range of interests which include but are not limited to – horse activities (the bigger the horse the better especially welcome Heavy horses) – wildlife watching such as whales , seals, deer , bison etc: motor sports especially monster trucks : water sports such as jetskis, paddle boarding etc; old historic areas relating to the ‘wild west era’; shopping ( both big malls and small designer areas) and touring around checking out the scenery and other interesting things.
Our rough route is :- Arrive in Los Angeles – drive via Barstow to Las Vegas then on via Death Valley Giant Sequoia area and Yosemite to Lake Tahoe, then onto San Francisco via Sacremento and Monterey. This is merely a rough idea and the only hotels we have booked are in Los Anegeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco , and even these are only booked for a maximum of 2 days per place, this means that we are totally flexible about where we go and where we stay
I have checked out the various official sites around these areas but there is no substitution for the thoughts of people who live there or have travelled these paths before. Any ideas along this route for things for us to do and/or see would be greatly appreciated. As I said the route is not set in tablets of stone so any side trips which are worth it would be considered. My hope is to give my family and in particular my granddaughter a vacation to remember as this may well be the last time we can all get away together.
Thanks in anticipation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 2 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 3 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 4 What to do in New York?
- 5 When do school start again in August?
- 6 California + Las Vegas & Grand Canyon for 12-15 Day Trip in May
- 7 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 8 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 9 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 10 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 11 40th in Key West
- 12 Yosemite
- 13 What to do in San Diego
- 14 Road trip from St Paul Mn to Naples Florida
- 15 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 16 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 17 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 18 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 19 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 20 Our Boston Getaway
- 21 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 22 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 23 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 24 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 25 Driving from NY to Boston in February