Wonder if any of you kind people can help
Coming over from Scotland and I am planning a road trip around California etc lasting a few weeks during June / July 2013.
I will have with me my wife, my daugter , my son in lawand my granddaughter (aged 13 years) We have a wide range of interests which include but are not limited to – horse activities (the bigger the horse the better especially welcome Heavy horses) – wildlife watching such as whales , seals, deer , bison etc: motor sports especially monster trucks : water sports such as jetskis, paddle boarding etc; old historic areas relating to the ‘wild west era’; shopping ( both big malls and small designer areas) and touring around checking out the scenery and other interesting things.
Our rough route is :- Arrive in Los Angeles – drive via Barstow to Las Vegas then on via Death Valley Giant Sequoia area and Yosemite to Lake Tahoe, then onto San Francisco via Sacremento and Monterey. This is merely a rough idea and the only hotels we have booked are in Los Anegeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco , and even these are only booked for a maximum of 2 days per place, this means that we are totally flexible about where we go and where we stay
I have checked out the various official sites around these areas but there is no substitution for the thoughts of people who live there or have travelled these paths before. Any ideas along this route for things for us to do and/or see would be greatly appreciated. As I said the route is not set in tablets of stone so any side trips which are worth it would be considered. My hope is to give my family and in particular my granddaughter a vacation to remember as this may well be the last time we can all get away together.
Thanks in anticipation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.freshhealthsupplements.com/femme-youth/
- 2 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 3 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 4 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 5 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 6 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 7 FLL to Key West
- 8 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 9 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 10 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 11 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 12 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 13 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 14 road trip
- 15 New England Road Trip
- 16 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 17 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 18 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 19 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 20 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 21 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 22 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 23 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 24 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 25 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF