Wonder if any of you kind people can help
Coming over from Scotland and I am planning a road trip around California etc lasting a few weeks during June / July 2013.
I will have with me my wife, my daugter , my son in lawand my granddaughter (aged 13 years) We have a wide range of interests which include but are not limited to – horse activities (the bigger the horse the better especially welcome Heavy horses) – wildlife watching such as whales , seals, deer , bison etc: motor sports especially monster trucks : water sports such as jetskis, paddle boarding etc; old historic areas relating to the ‘wild west era’; shopping ( both big malls and small designer areas) and touring around checking out the scenery and other interesting things.
Our rough route is :- Arrive in Los Angeles – drive via Barstow to Las Vegas then on via Death Valley Giant Sequoia area and Yosemite to Lake Tahoe, then onto San Francisco via Sacremento and Monterey. This is merely a rough idea and the only hotels we have booked are in Los Anegeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco , and even these are only booked for a maximum of 2 days per place, this means that we are totally flexible about where we go and where we stay
I have checked out the various official sites around these areas but there is no substitution for the thoughts of people who live there or have travelled these paths before. Any ideas along this route for things for us to do and/or see would be greatly appreciated. As I said the route is not set in tablets of stone so any side trips which are worth it would be considered. My hope is to give my family and in particular my granddaughter a vacation to remember as this may well be the last time we can all get away together.
Thanks in anticipation
Road trip in California
- 1 Muir Woods from SF, then to Carmel - best plan?
- 2 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 3 5 State memorial day round trip!
- 4 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 5 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 6 Michigan Beaches
- 7 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 8 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 9 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 10 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 11 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 12 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 13 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 14 NYC
- 15 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 16 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 17 Albuquerque to Denver
- 18 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 19 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 20 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 21 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 22 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 23 Native American Tours/Tour Guides
- 24 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 25 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)