Wonder if any of you kind people can help
Coming over from Scotland and I am planning a road trip around California etc lasting a few weeks during June / July 2013.
I will have with me my wife, my daugter , my son in lawand my granddaughter (aged 13 years) We have a wide range of interests which include but are not limited to – horse activities (the bigger the horse the better especially welcome Heavy horses) – wildlife watching such as whales , seals, deer , bison etc: motor sports especially monster trucks : water sports such as jetskis, paddle boarding etc; old historic areas relating to the ‘wild west era’; shopping ( both big malls and small designer areas) and touring around checking out the scenery and other interesting things.
Our rough route is :- Arrive in Los Angeles – drive via Barstow to Las Vegas then on via Death Valley Giant Sequoia area and Yosemite to Lake Tahoe, then onto San Francisco via Sacremento and Monterey. This is merely a rough idea and the only hotels we have booked are in Los Anegeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco , and even these are only booked for a maximum of 2 days per place, this means that we are totally flexible about where we go and where we stay
I have checked out the various official sites around these areas but there is no substitution for the thoughts of people who live there or have travelled these paths before. Any ideas along this route for things for us to do and/or see would be greatly appreciated. As I said the route is not set in tablets of stone so any side trips which are worth it would be considered. My hope is to give my family and in particular my granddaughter a vacation to remember as this may well be the last time we can all get away together.
Thanks in anticipation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 2 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 3 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 4 Northern California Gardens.
- 5 Hawaii wedding
- 6 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 7 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 8 Route 66
- 9 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 10 Itinerary help Oregon: 9 nights
- 11 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 12 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 13 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 14 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 15 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 16 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 17 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 18 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 19 Florida with a 2 year old
- 20 Train from east cost to west coast
- 21 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 22 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 23 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 24 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 25 Solo Trip to Mid-West