My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 2 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 3 Booking accommodations through Trip Advisor, Expedia , etc.
- 4 California and Oregon Coast Trip
- 5 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 6 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 7 Washington DC - Hop on/off buses
- 8 Glacier NP Trip 2016
- 9 Quick Palm Springs Getaway
- 10 Driving trip Texas-N.Carolina-Texas
- 11 NYC Fringe Festival Aug 14-20, 2015
- 12 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 13 Travel from VT to NYC, with a stop in Boston
- 14 Ten Glorious Days in Sonoma/Napa
- 15 CO/UT/AZ National Park/Road Trip
- 16 Seattle in early August
- 17 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 18 Antelope Canyon: Upper & Lower on same day
- 19 Found Fujifilm Camera from 2011 Florida Vaca 740 good pics on SD card
- 20 Airport to St Louis Arch area, taxi best option?
- 21 11 days SE coast road trip
- 22 Road trip Canton, GA to Charleston, SC
- 23 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 24 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 25 Itenarary - 1st Week Sep - Phoenix to Page to Zion to Bryce