My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Road trip ideas for the Deep South
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 2 Mesa Verde
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 California road trip
- 5 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 6 Seattle Hyatts
- 7 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 8 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 9 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 10 San Diego - wher to stay
- 11 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 12 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 13 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 14 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 15 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 16 Berkshires in late October
- 17 2 day in Adirondack park
- 18 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 19 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 20 NYC Clubs for live music
- 21 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 22 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 23 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 Vail or Aspen in summertime?