My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Road trip ideas for the Deep South
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 2 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 3 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 4 Is this Los Angeles tour feasible?
- 5 Where to from Tampa?
- 6 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 7 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 8 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 9 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 10 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 11 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 12 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 13 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 14 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 15 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 16 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 17 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 18 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 19 Is the New York subway safe?
- 20 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 21 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 22 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 23 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 24 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 25 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City