My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Road trip ideas for the Deep South
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 2 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 3 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 4 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 5 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 6 Theater Historians
- 7 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 8 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 9 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 10 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 11 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 12 Boston hotel & transportation
- 13 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 14 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 15 NBA tickets??
- 16 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 17 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 hilton capital
- 20 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 21 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 24 Help me with creating a work of art
- 25 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions