My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco to San Diego
- 2 Public Transport from JAC Airport to Teton Village
- 3 Shenandoah National park
- 4 Dinner in Anchorage
- 5 Road trip this summer from Phoenix to Yellowstone
- 6 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 7 Arizona PHX car rental
- 8 New York City Hotels: Times Square vs. Financial District
- 9 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 10 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 11 California & Oregon National Parks touir
- 12 Things to do in NYC
- 13 BBQ
- 14 No Proper Response From Etihad after losing luggage
- 15 Niagara Falls to Ithaca
- 16 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 17 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 18 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 19 Stay in Sonoma, but want to hang in San Francisco.
- 20 Sandford Airport
- 21 Upcoming Alaska Trip
- 22 Blue Whale Inn, RI
- 23 One week August Pacific Northwest or British Columbia
- 24 Considering a move to Raleigh or Charlotte
- 25 Vacation Ideas With A 2 years old)?