My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Weather in Chicago
- 2 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 3 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 4 Help me with this
- 5 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 6 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 7 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 8 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 9 New Orleans
- 10 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 11 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 12 Oregon road trip
- 13 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 14 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 15 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 16 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 17 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 18 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 19 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 22 Dining in St. Louis
- 23 AR State Parks
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 NYC For The Day