My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 2 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 3 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 4 Lice Happens
- 5 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 6 Arches Devils Garden
- 7 universal studios and disney
- 8 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 9 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 10 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 11 Big Sure in June
- 12 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 13 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 14 Savannah hotel
- 15 Utah National Parks visit
- 16 marriot cypress harbour
- 17 Hotel in Reno
- 18 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 19 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 20 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 21 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 22 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 23 Retiring to Tucson
- 24 Trinity Site, NM
- 25 Santa Fe Itineray