My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 2 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 3 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 4 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 5 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 6 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 7 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 8 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 9 New Orleans music
- 10 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 11 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 12 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 13 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 14 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 15 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 16 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 17 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 18 Holman Ranch vineyard tour in Carmel Valley (Monterey County)
- 19 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 20 NYC with wheelchair
- 21 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 22 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC
- 23 2 days to do Denver/Colorado Springs
- 24 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 25 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"