My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 2 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 3 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 4 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 5 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 6 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 7 Sedona to Vegas
- 8 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 9 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 10 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 11 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 12 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 13 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 14 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 15 November redwoods trip
- 16 San Fran
- 17 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 18 Seattle?
- 19 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 20 SF and northern California - October
- 21 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 22 Alabama trip in Dec
- 23 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 24 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 25 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?