My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 2 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 3 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 4 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 5 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 6 South east road trip
- 7 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 8 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 9 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 10 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 11 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 12 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 13 Any Sanibel experts?
- 14 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 15 Later Winter around Mobile
- 16 Rafting the Colorado
- 17 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 18 Florida keys trip
- 19 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 20 Coffee in Boston?
- 21 Nashville Never Been
- 22 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 23 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 24 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 25 Traveling in winter