My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 2 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 3 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 4 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 5 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 6 OHare car service north suburbs
- 7 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 8 Yellowstone
- 9 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 10 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 11 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 12 Ah, The California Wine Country!
- 13 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 14 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 15 Wine Bars in Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale
- 16 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 17 Page, AZ area
- 18 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 19 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 20 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 21 Traveling Alone
- 22 Northern California Redwoods
- 23 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 24 Redwoods National Park
- 25 Looking for Panhandle advice