My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 2 destin resorts
- 3 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 4 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 5 Arlington funeral plans
- 6 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 7 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 8 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 9 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 10 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 11 Relocating to the Deep South
- 12 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 13 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 14 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 15 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 16 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 17 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 18 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 19 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 20 Airfares in the 1970's
- 21 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 22 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 23 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 24 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 25 Seattle to San Francisco