My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 2 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 3 Dupont Circle Hotels
- 4 Short civil rights your Atlanta to Birningham
- 5 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 6 Florida Family vacation in California
- 7 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 8 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 9 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 10 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 11 San Francisco California
- 12 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 13 Miami and New Orleans
- 14 Louisville in December
- 15 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 16 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 17 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 18 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 19 United Nations tours
- 20 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 21 September Road Trip in New England
- 22 NYC with 8 yr old
- 23 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 24 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 25 Yosemite and Sequoia