My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Road trip ideas for the Deep South
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip SW
- 2 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 3 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 4 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 5 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 6 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 7 Hotel near Miami airport
- 8 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 9 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 10 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 11 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 12 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 13 Philly
- 14 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 15 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 16 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 17 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 18 Chicago trip
- 19 NYC IN AUGUST
- 20 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 21 culpepper
- 22 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 23 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 24 Fancy dining
- 25 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed