My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 2 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 3 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 4 fort lauderdale
- 5 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 6 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 7 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 8 Redwood National Forest
- 9 What to do in San Diego
- 10 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 11 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 12 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 13 First Trip to Texas -
- 14 5 days in Colorado
- 15 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 16 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 17 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 18 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 19 New Hampshire
- 20 Things to do in Bakersfield
- 21 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 22 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 23 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 24 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 25 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday