My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 2 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 3 http://www.healthcarebooster.com/muscle-xtx/
- 4 Napa valley getaway
- 5 http://www.healthyorder.org/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 6 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 7 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 8 Boston waterfront Italian
- 9 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 10 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 11 Day in Spokane
- 12 Zion and Bryce in July
- 13 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 14 Kids Vacation Place
- 15 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 16 First time, Best business class?
- 17 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 18 What to pack
- 19 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 20 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 21 summer vacation
- 22 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 23 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 24 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 25 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon