My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 2 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 3 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 4 flagstaff
- 5 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 6 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 7 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 8 sugestions
- 9 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 10 Rules of the NY Subway
- 11 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 12 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 13 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 14 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 15 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 16 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 17 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 18 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 19 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 20 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 21 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 22 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 23 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 24 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 25 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas