My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 2 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 3 Sacramento Hotel
- 4 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 5 USA family tour
- 6 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 7 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 8 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 9 Philly Itinerary Help
- 10 4 days road trip southern New England
- 11 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 12 Where to go: Dallas-Austin-Houston-San Antonio
- 13 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 14 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 15 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 16 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 17 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 18 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 19 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 20 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 21 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 22 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 23 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 24 Los Angeles area wildflower viewing?
- 25 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner