My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 my happiness has been restored
- 2 Where to stay in NYC
- 3 Death Valley
- 4 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 5 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 6 Birmingham, Alabama in December
- 7 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 8 How can I buy a condo for cheap in florida?
- 9 What is a good city to live in in Florida.
- 10 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 11 Santa Monica / Venice Beach flat or house for a week
- 12 Nashville 2016
- 13 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 14 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 15 Family Trip- 4 Nights- DC & Richmond
- 16 Burlingame, CA restaurants?
- 17 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 18 Colorado - Photography
- 19 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 20 Oregon or Arizona for October 12 long weekend?
- 21 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 22 Where to advertise Air tickets selling?
- 23 Myrtle Beach, N.C.
- 24 motorcycle ride
- 25 Hotel Monaco