My husband and I are planning a short road trip (6 nights) in the southern states of the USA in February and need some help!
We have a flight booked out of Dallas so thought we would start in Atlanta or Charlotte and drive to Dallas from there. I'm sure it will be a long drive so we just want to pick a couple of places along the way so it's more of an interesting drive rather than just being on motor ways the whole time.
Based on research we have done so far and looking at the map we are thinking the following:
- Asheville NC
We are keen to see some smaller towns/ quaint villages, eat good food, hear some country music and see some scenery (maybe the Great smoky mountains), perhaps visit a winery region and go to a museum on the civil rights movement.
If anyone has any suggestions at all we would be really grateful. We are flexible with our plans and happy to cut / add places based on your recommendations.
Thank you so much!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago !!! 1800+927+2480``` QuickBooks Payroll Technical Support number
- 2 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 3 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 4 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 5 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 6 San Diego VRBO area
- 7 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 8 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 9 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 10 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 11 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 12 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 13 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 14 Colorado Shows Off
- 15 New England Tour
- 16 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 17 help me plan a Cali trip
- 18 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 19 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 20 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 21 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 22 Wilmington DE questions
- 23 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 24 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 25 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?