First time doing the forums so hope you can help.
I am driving from Furnace Creek to Yosemite and was wondering which is the best route to take. I realise that going through Bishop and taking the 395 is probably the most direct route, but has anyone taken the other route through Beatty on the 95. I really like the landscape of Death Valley and think this route maybe more scenic than driving through all the other small towns and probably has less traffic.
Can anyone recommend this route? I know there is a ghost town in Beatty that I wouldn't mind checking out but can anyone recommend anywhere else to stop on this route or should I just take the 395?
Thank you so much for any help advice on this.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 2 FULL-SERIES! The Walking Dead Season 8 Episode 1 Free online 2017
- 3 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 4 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 5 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 6 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 7 arizona rte 66
- 8 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 9 Hawaii and...where?
- 10 Another Great DC Trip
- 11 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 12 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 13 Black History Museum
- 14 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 15 Chicago 2017
- 16 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 17 How much time in Badlands?
- 18 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 19 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 20 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 21 DC Restaurants
- 22 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 23 Short Oregon Trip
- 24 usa roadtrip
- 25 Visiting San Antonio early November