First time doing the forums so hope you can help.
I am driving from Furnace Creek to Yosemite and was wondering which is the best route to take. I realise that going through Bishop and taking the 395 is probably the most direct route, but has anyone taken the other route through Beatty on the 95. I really like the landscape of Death Valley and think this route maybe more scenic than driving through all the other small towns and probably has less traffic.
Can anyone recommend this route? I know there is a ghost town in Beatty that I wouldn't mind checking out but can anyone recommend anywhere else to stop on this route or should I just take the 395?
Thank you so much for any help advice on this.
Road trip, Furnace creek to Yosemite (September 2011)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 8 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 9 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 10 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 11 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 12 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 15 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 16 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 17 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 18 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Door County Suggestions
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 23 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 boston to nantucket: what are our options?