First time doing the forums so hope you can help.
I am driving from Furnace Creek to Yosemite and was wondering which is the best route to take. I realise that going through Bishop and taking the 395 is probably the most direct route, but has anyone taken the other route through Beatty on the 95. I really like the landscape of Death Valley and think this route maybe more scenic than driving through all the other small towns and probably has less traffic.
Can anyone recommend this route? I know there is a ghost town in Beatty that I wouldn't mind checking out but can anyone recommend anywhere else to stop on this route or should I just take the 395?
Thank you so much for any help advice on this.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 November redwoods trip
- 2 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 3 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 4 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 5 Layover
- 6 cincinnati with kids
- 7 Seattle?
- 8 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 9 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 10 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 11 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 12 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 13 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 14 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 15 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 16 First Trip to New Mexico
- 17 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 18 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 19 Airport Advice for GNP
- 20 Day trips from Boston
- 21 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 22 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 23 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 24 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 25 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"