First time doing the forums so hope you can help.
I am driving from Furnace Creek to Yosemite and was wondering which is the best route to take. I realise that going through Bishop and taking the 395 is probably the most direct route, but has anyone taken the other route through Beatty on the 95. I really like the landscape of Death Valley and think this route maybe more scenic than driving through all the other small towns and probably has less traffic.
Can anyone recommend this route? I know there is a ghost town in Beatty that I wouldn't mind checking out but can anyone recommend anywhere else to stop on this route or should I just take the 395?
Thank you so much for any help advice on this.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 2 Arizona in late January
- 3 New Mexico in May
- 4 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 5 Las Vegas Vacation
- 6 Traveling Alone
- 7 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 8 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 9 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 10 disneyland
- 11 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 12 Family road trip Washington DC-Stuart, Florida
- 13 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 14 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 15 OHare car service north suburbs
- 16 California Coast in January
- 17 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 18 Key West
- 19 Currency and hotels
- 20 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 21 Vegas with toddler twins
- 22 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 23 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 24 Arizona in winter
- 25 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan