My boyfriend and I are doing a road trip from San Francisco to Orlando, starting at the end of October for about six weeks. Our route so far is San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Arches/Canyonlands in Utah - Santa Fe/Roswell - San Antonio - Fort Worth - New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains - Charleston - Savannah - Orlando.
We're planning about 2-3 days in each place (more in Orlando and San Fran)
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places we should stop at along the way? Or stop interesting places to stop for a couple of hours to break up some of the long hours of driving? And do you think seeing this many places is doing too much?
We're also a little concerned about the weather this time of year - how cold does it get in these places around this time of year? We'll be mostly camping.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HP: PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h car*e 24*7
- 2 Novel in Progress
- 3 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 4 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 5 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 6 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 7 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 8 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 9 Short Notice
- 10 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 11 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 12 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 13 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 14 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 15 Inn at Key West
- 16 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 17 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 18 Black History Museum
- 19 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 20 Another Great DC Trip
- 21 Chicago 2017
- 22 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 23 arizona rte 66
- 24 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 25 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot