My boyfriend and I are doing a road trip from San Francisco to Orlando, starting at the end of October for about six weeks. Our route so far is San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Arches/Canyonlands in Utah - Santa Fe/Roswell - San Antonio - Fort Worth - New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains - Charleston - Savannah - Orlando.
We're planning about 2-3 days in each place (more in Orlando and San Fran)
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places we should stop at along the way? Or stop interesting places to stop for a couple of hours to break up some of the long hours of driving? And do you think seeing this many places is doing too much?
We're also a little concerned about the weather this time of year - how cold does it get in these places around this time of year? We'll be mostly camping.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 2 San Fran
- 3 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 4 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 5 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 6 Seattle?
- 7 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 8 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 9 SF and northern California - October
- 10 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 11 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 12 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 13 Alabama trip in Dec
- 14 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 15 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 16 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 17 November redwoods trip
- 18 Yellowstone
- 19 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 20 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 21 costco Big island
- 22 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 23 Which island for R&R?
- 24 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 25 Olympic NP w/toddler