My boyfriend and I are doing a road trip from San Francisco to Orlando, starting at the end of October for about six weeks. Our route so far is San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Arches/Canyonlands in Utah - Santa Fe/Roswell - San Antonio - Fort Worth - New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains - Charleston - Savannah - Orlando.
We're planning about 2-3 days in each place (more in Orlando and San Fran)
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places we should stop at along the way? Or stop interesting places to stop for a couple of hours to break up some of the long hours of driving? And do you think seeing this many places is doing too much?
We're also a little concerned about the weather this time of year - how cold does it get in these places around this time of year? We'll be mostly camping.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HOROSCOPE ZODIAC SIGNS DATES
- 2 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 3 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 4 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 5 DC restaurant report
- 6 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 7 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 8 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 9 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 10 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 11 Northern California Redwoods
- 12 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 13 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 14 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 15 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 16 Neue Galerie
- 17 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 18 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 19 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 20 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 21 Arizona in winter
- 22 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 23 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 24 Arizona in late January
- 25 A Few Days in Asheville