My boyfriend and I are doing a road trip from San Francisco to Orlando, starting at the end of October for about six weeks. Our route so far is San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Arches/Canyonlands in Utah - Santa Fe/Roswell - San Antonio - Fort Worth - New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains - Charleston - Savannah - Orlando.
We're planning about 2-3 days in each place (more in Orlando and San Fran)
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places we should stop at along the way? Or stop interesting places to stop for a couple of hours to break up some of the long hours of driving? And do you think seeing this many places is doing too much?
We're also a little concerned about the weather this time of year - how cold does it get in these places around this time of year? We'll be mostly camping.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Recover Your Forgotten Instagram Password
- 2 USA, Trip to the south
- 3 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 4 Honeymoon out west.
- 5 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 6 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 7 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 8 Carmel Monterey
- 9 How many states have you been to?
- 10 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 11 Big Sure in June
- 12 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 13 Santa Fe Itineray
- 14 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 15 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 16 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 17 Roadtrip July 2017
- 18 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 19 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 20 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 21 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 22 Retiring to Tucson
- 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 24 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 25 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help