My boyfriend and I are doing a road trip from San Francisco to Orlando, starting at the end of October for about six weeks. Our route so far is San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Arches/Canyonlands in Utah - Santa Fe/Roswell - San Antonio - Fort Worth - New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains - Charleston - Savannah - Orlando.
We're planning about 2-3 days in each place (more in Orlando and San Fran)
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places we should stop at along the way? Or stop interesting places to stop for a couple of hours to break up some of the long hours of driving? And do you think seeing this many places is doing too much?
We're also a little concerned about the weather this time of year - how cold does it get in these places around this time of year? We'll be mostly camping.
Road trip from San Francisco to Orlando
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal studios/Orlando
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 6 USA with a 3 year old
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 14 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 17 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 18 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 19 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Wedding venue in NH
- 22 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 23 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 24 San Diego parks and attractions
- 25 Alaska