My boyfriend and I are doing a road trip from San Francisco to Orlando, starting at the end of October for about six weeks. Our route so far is San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Arches/Canyonlands in Utah - Santa Fe/Roswell - San Antonio - Fort Worth - New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains - Charleston - Savannah - Orlando.
We're planning about 2-3 days in each place (more in Orlando and San Fran)
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places we should stop at along the way? Or stop interesting places to stop for a couple of hours to break up some of the long hours of driving? And do you think seeing this many places is doing too much?
We're also a little concerned about the weather this time of year - how cold does it get in these places around this time of year? We'll be mostly camping.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 2 Would you go on a trip if you had to use crutches?
- 3 DC Hotel location help
- 4 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 5 DC Metro to other sites?
- 6 Cleveland West Side Market
- 7 Harper's Ferry from DC?
- 8 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 9 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 10 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 11 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 12 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 14 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 15 Miami airport--safety??
- 16 Zurich airport connections
- 17 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 18 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 19 Eastern Seaboard
- 20 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 21 Recent Spam Attacks
- 22 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 23 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 24 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 25 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska