My boyfriend and I are doing a road trip from San Francisco to Orlando, starting at the end of October for about six weeks. Our route so far is San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Arches/Canyonlands in Utah - Santa Fe/Roswell - San Antonio - Fort Worth - New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains - Charleston - Savannah - Orlando.
We're planning about 2-3 days in each place (more in Orlando and San Fran)
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places we should stop at along the way? Or stop interesting places to stop for a couple of hours to break up some of the long hours of driving? And do you think seeing this many places is doing too much?
We're also a little concerned about the weather this time of year - how cold does it get in these places around this time of year? We'll be mostly camping.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 2 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 3 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 4 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 5 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 6 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 7 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 8 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 9 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 10 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 11 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 12 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 13 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 14 Summer trip
- 15 How many states have you been to?
- 16 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 17 Florida keys trip
- 18 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 19 Route Planning for East USA
- 20 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 21 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 22 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 23 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 24 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 25 SF special dinner for 70 birthday