My boyfriend and I are doing a road trip from San Francisco to Orlando, starting at the end of October for about six weeks. Our route so far is San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Arches/Canyonlands in Utah - Santa Fe/Roswell - San Antonio - Fort Worth - New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains - Charleston - Savannah - Orlando.
We're planning about 2-3 days in each place (more in Orlando and San Fran)
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places we should stop at along the way? Or stop interesting places to stop for a couple of hours to break up some of the long hours of driving? And do you think seeing this many places is doing too much?
We're also a little concerned about the weather this time of year - how cold does it get in these places around this time of year? We'll be mostly camping.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Boston w/ kids and car
- 2 Glacier National Park in September
- 3 World's Longest Yard Sale - don't go!
- 4 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 5 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 6 trip to Charlettesville VA
- 7 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 8 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 9 New Software
- 10 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 11 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 12 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 13 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 14 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 15 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 16 Rough (very) initial USA itinerary
- 17 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 18 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 21 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 22 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 23 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 24 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 25 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary