My boyfriend and I are doing a road trip from San Francisco to Orlando, starting at the end of October for about six weeks. Our route so far is San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Arches/Canyonlands in Utah - Santa Fe/Roswell - San Antonio - Fort Worth - New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains - Charleston - Savannah - Orlando.
We're planning about 2-3 days in each place (more in Orlando and San Fran)
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places we should stop at along the way? Or stop interesting places to stop for a couple of hours to break up some of the long hours of driving? And do you think seeing this many places is doing too much?
We're also a little concerned about the weather this time of year - how cold does it get in these places around this time of year? We'll be mostly camping.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Miami for 2 days
- 2 Rules of the NY Subway
- 3 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 4 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 5 Universal Studios vacation
- 6 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 7 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 8 San Antonio Grand Hyatt versus Marriott Riverwalk
- 9 ALASKA TWO WEEK TRIP Cruise/Land
- 10 1 more Minnesota location?
- 11 Dividing time in Glacier
- 12 Loop Road Trip from Seattle
- 13 Seatte to San Fran - 3 Teenagers
- 14 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 15 Williams to Winslow and beyond, heading across the country
- 16 Things to do on a rainy Monday in Westerly
- 17 10 Days in Maine
- 18 Day tour to Grand Canyon From Sedona
- 19 Vermont first-timers
- 20 Alaska trip planning-Juneau, Glacier Bay, Haines & Skagway
- 21 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
- 22 Ideas for a Road Trip from Seattle to San Francisco
- 23 5 day SFO - LV - Grand Canyon trip
- 24 Need $4000-$5000 budget Tavel ideas
- 25 two moms with 2 kids to visit New Orleans