My boyfriend and I are doing a road trip from San Francisco to Orlando, starting at the end of October for about six weeks. Our route so far is San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Arches/Canyonlands in Utah - Santa Fe/Roswell - San Antonio - Fort Worth - New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains - Charleston - Savannah - Orlando.
We're planning about 2-3 days in each place (more in Orlando and San Fran)
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places we should stop at along the way? Or stop interesting places to stop for a couple of hours to break up some of the long hours of driving? And do you think seeing this many places is doing too much?
We're also a little concerned about the weather this time of year - how cold does it get in these places around this time of year? We'll be mostly camping.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disneyland, Yosemite and San Fransisco
- 2 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota Trip Report
- 3 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 4 1 (844) 883 2953 United Airlines reservations Number
- 5 Airbnb seattle
- 6 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 7 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 8 Texas info
- 9 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 10 inspire me after landing in Miami
- 11 Dallas airport to bush library
- 12 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 13 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 14 los angeles to redwood national park overnight stop
- 15 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 16 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 17 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 18 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 19 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 20 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 21 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 22 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 23 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 24 Northern California Gardens.
- 25 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please