My boyfriend and I are doing a road trip from San Francisco to Orlando, starting at the end of October for about six weeks. Our route so far is San Fran - Las Vegas - Grand Canyon - Arches/Canyonlands in Utah - Santa Fe/Roswell - San Antonio - Fort Worth - New Orleans - Memphis - Nashville - Smoky Mountains - Charleston - Savannah - Orlando.
We're planning about 2-3 days in each place (more in Orlando and San Fran)
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other places we should stop at along the way? Or stop interesting places to stop for a couple of hours to break up some of the long hours of driving? And do you think seeing this many places is doing too much?
We're also a little concerned about the weather this time of year - how cold does it get in these places around this time of year? We'll be mostly camping.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Barcelona vs Real Madrid Live Stream
- 2 Getting married to a French man
- 3 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 4 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 5 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 6 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 7 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 8 Plimouth Plantation, Old Sturbridge Village, or neither
- 9 Florida beach recommendation, please
- 10 Cable Cars/Trolleys
- 11 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 12 Maine-Portland/Bar Harbor/Moosehead Lake
- 13 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 14 Staying outside DC
- 15 Phantom Ranch and....
- 16 Where to stay in Carmel area?
- 17 Where to visit
- 18 A Few Days in Asheville
- 19 10 Day California Trip - Itinirary Help
- 20 Miami to Ft Lauderdale
- 21 Great OR beach house locations?
- 22 Lower Manhattan Late Night Eats
- 23 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 24 New York in December
- 25 Need a "Suites" hotel in Midtown Manhattan