We are traveling next July from the Milwaukee WI area heading to see Mt. Rushmore. What would be the best route & stops along the way. We love a good road trip & will be traveling with children ages 7,9, & 17. I am a major planner and like to make sure I don't miss out on anything worth seeing along the way. Which city near Mt. Rushmore would be the best to stay a few nights? We then are headed to Fargo ND for a weekend wedding--anything a must see/do on the way to ND? What route is best going to ND? Any ideas and tips are helpful. We also like to know any great places to eat as well. We probably have 5-7 days to travel the SD area and spend 3 days in fargo. Plans are pretty flexible. I know it is far in advance, but I like to get all the information so I can budget the costs & make any reservations. We have never traveled west of MN before. Usually our road trips lead us to Disney Thanks!
Road trip from Milwaukee Wi, to Mt. Rushmore, to Fargo ND--tips please
- 1 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 2 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 3 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 4 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 5 stay near newark or nyc
- 6 Cape Ann area
- 7 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 8 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 9 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 10 Kauai golf
- 11 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 12 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 13 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 14 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 15 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 16 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 17 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 18 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 19 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 20 Minneapolis Hotel
- 21 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 22 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 23 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 24 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 25 Washington Wineries