We are traveling next July from the Milwaukee WI area heading to see Mt. Rushmore. What would be the best route & stops along the way. We love a good road trip & will be traveling with children ages 7,9, & 17. I am a major planner and like to make sure I don't miss out on anything worth seeing along the way. Which city near Mt. Rushmore would be the best to stay a few nights? We then are headed to Fargo ND for a weekend wedding--anything a must see/do on the way to ND? What route is best going to ND? Any ideas and tips are helpful. We also like to know any great places to eat as well. We probably have 5-7 days to travel the SD area and spend 3 days in fargo. Plans are pretty flexible. I know it is far in advance, but I like to get all the information so I can budget the costs & make any reservations. We have never traveled west of MN before. Usually our road trips lead us to Disney Thanks!
Road trip from Milwaukee Wi, to Mt. Rushmore, to Fargo ND--tips please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 2 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 3 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 4 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 5 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 6 New York City Restaurants
- 7 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 8 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 9 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 10 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 11 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 12 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 13 Family Camp in Maine
- 14 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 15 San Diego
- 16 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 17 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 20 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 25 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?