We are traveling next July from the Milwaukee WI area heading to see Mt. Rushmore. What would be the best route & stops along the way. We love a good road trip & will be traveling with children ages 7,9, & 17. I am a major planner and like to make sure I don't miss out on anything worth seeing along the way. Which city near Mt. Rushmore would be the best to stay a few nights? We then are headed to Fargo ND for a weekend wedding--anything a must see/do on the way to ND? What route is best going to ND? Any ideas and tips are helpful. We also like to know any great places to eat as well. We probably have 5-7 days to travel the SD area and spend 3 days in fargo. Plans are pretty flexible. I know it is far in advance, but I like to get all the information so I can budget the costs & make any reservations. We have never traveled west of MN before. Usually our road trips lead us to Disney Thanks!
Road trip from Milwaukee Wi, to Mt. Rushmore, to Fargo ND--tips please
- 1 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 2 Car trip from Seattle
- 3 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 4 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 5 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 6 Newport, RI Questions
- 7 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 8 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 9 Savannah restaurants
- 10 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 11 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 12 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 13 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 14 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 15 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 16 Retiring in Colorado
- 17 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 18 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 19 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 20 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 21 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 22 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 23 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 24 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 25 Denver 1 day in denver