We are traveling next July from the Milwaukee WI area heading to see Mt. Rushmore. What would be the best route & stops along the way. We love a good road trip & will be traveling with children ages 7,9, & 17. I am a major planner and like to make sure I don't miss out on anything worth seeing along the way. Which city near Mt. Rushmore would be the best to stay a few nights? We then are headed to Fargo ND for a weekend wedding--anything a must see/do on the way to ND? What route is best going to ND? Any ideas and tips are helpful. We also like to know any great places to eat as well. We probably have 5-7 days to travel the SD area and spend 3 days in fargo. Plans are pretty flexible. I know it is far in advance, but I like to get all the information so I can budget the costs & make any reservations. We have never traveled west of MN before. Usually our road trips lead us to Disney Thanks!
Road trip from Milwaukee Wi, to Mt. Rushmore, to Fargo ND--tips please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 3 Hotel near Miami airport
- 4 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 5 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 6 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 7 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 8 Road Trip SW
- 9 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 10 Chicago trip
- 11 NYC IN AUGUST
- 12 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 13 culpepper
- 14 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 15 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 16 Fancy dining
- 17 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 18 Will have five days in Savannah
- 19 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 20 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 21 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 22 Itinerary opinions
- 23 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 24 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 25 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip