This spring I will be taking a road trip with my 48yr mother and 14yr sister, from Dallas TX to Seattle WA. Dates and trip length are flexible; we're looking at late march to mid-april.
What suggested things should we do along the way? Any landmarks or must-see's that you know of? We haven't decided a route yet, might go up through colorado or might take the california way. Any recommendations?
Fun museums are great, any funky unusal stops would be loved! I am a photographer, so any great picture spots, waterfalls, backroads, wildlife hangouts, etc are a must-have. Hiking areas and good national parks are great too, but please rate how easy of a hike they are; my mother has a bad knee so she can't do as much as she would like.
Thank you for you advice!
Road Trip from Dallas, Texas to Seattle, Washington - Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2 Question about Miami travel
- 3 Salt Lake City
- 4 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 5 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 8 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 9 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 10 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 11 Locker at JFK
- 12 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 13 San Diego grocery stores
- 14 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 15 Best places to move to Florida?
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 18 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 19 Key Largo, FL
- 20 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 21 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 22 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 23 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 24 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 25 West Coast Bound End of March