This spring I will be taking a road trip with my 48yr mother and 14yr sister, from Dallas TX to Seattle WA. Dates and trip length are flexible; we're looking at late march to mid-april.
What suggested things should we do along the way? Any landmarks or must-see's that you know of? We haven't decided a route yet, might go up through colorado or might take the california way. Any recommendations?
Fun museums are great, any funky unusal stops would be loved! I am a photographer, so any great picture spots, waterfalls, backroads, wildlife hangouts, etc are a must-have. Hiking areas and good national parks are great too, but please rate how easy of a hike they are; my mother has a bad knee so she can't do as much as she would like.
Thank you for you advice!
Road Trip from Dallas, Texas to Seattle, Washington - Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 palm desert, CA
- 2 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 3 Houston in September
- 4 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 5 Traffic north on Hwy. 1 in Maine Sat. 9/20 midday
- 6 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 7 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 8 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 9 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 10 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 11 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 12 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 13 Scouting Mt. Dora, Florida
- 14 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 15 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 16 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 17 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 18 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 19 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 20 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 21 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 22 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 23 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 24 New York Trip
- 25 Balloon fest hotels