This spring I will be taking a road trip with my 48yr mother and 14yr sister, from Dallas TX to Seattle WA. Dates and trip length are flexible; we're looking at late march to mid-april.
What suggested things should we do along the way? Any landmarks or must-see's that you know of? We haven't decided a route yet, might go up through colorado or might take the california way. Any recommendations?
Fun museums are great, any funky unusal stops would be loved! I am a photographer, so any great picture spots, waterfalls, backroads, wildlife hangouts, etc are a must-have. Hiking areas and good national parks are great too, but please rate how easy of a hike they are; my mother has a bad knee so she can't do as much as she would like.
Thank you for you advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 2 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 3 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 4 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 5 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 6 FLL to Key West
- 7 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 8 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 9 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 10 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 11 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 12 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 13 road trip
- 14 New England Road Trip
- 15 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 16 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 17 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 18 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 19 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 20 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 21 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 22 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 23 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 24 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 25 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
Road Trip from Dallas, Texas to Seattle, Washington - Suggestions?