This spring I will be taking a road trip with my 48yr mother and 14yr sister, from Dallas TX to Seattle WA. Dates and trip length are flexible; we're looking at late march to mid-april.
What suggested things should we do along the way? Any landmarks or must-see's that you know of? We haven't decided a route yet, might go up through colorado or might take the california way. Any recommendations?
Fun museums are great, any funky unusal stops would be loved! I am a photographer, so any great picture spots, waterfalls, backroads, wildlife hangouts, etc are a must-have. Hiking areas and good national parks are great too, but please rate how easy of a hike they are; my mother has a bad knee so she can't do as much as she would like.
Thank you for you advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone
- 2 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 3 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 4 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 5 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 6 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 7 Ah, The California Wine Country!
- 8 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 9 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 10 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 11 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 12 Wine Bars in Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale
- 13 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 14 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 15 Page, AZ area
- 16 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 17 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 18 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 19 Traveling Alone
- 20 Northern California Redwoods
- 21 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 22 Redwoods National Park
- 23 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 24 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 25 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
Road Trip from Dallas, Texas to Seattle, Washington - Suggestions?