This spring I will be taking a road trip with my 48yr mother and 14yr sister, from Dallas TX to Seattle WA. Dates and trip length are flexible; we're looking at late march to mid-april.
What suggested things should we do along the way? Any landmarks or must-see's that you know of? We haven't decided a route yet, might go up through colorado or might take the california way. Any recommendations?
Fun museums are great, any funky unusal stops would be loved! I am a photographer, so any great picture spots, waterfalls, backroads, wildlife hangouts, etc are a must-have. Hiking areas and good national parks are great too, but please rate how easy of a hike they are; my mother has a bad knee so she can't do as much as she would like.
Thank you for you advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 2 Budget NYC hotel
- 3 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 4 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 5 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 6 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 7 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 8 San Francisco and Napa
- 9 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 10 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 11 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 12 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 13 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 14 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 15 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 16 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 17 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 18 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 19 Relocating to the Deep South
- 20 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 21 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 22 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 23 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 24 south west family trip itinerary
- 25 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
Road Trip from Dallas, Texas to Seattle, Washington - Suggestions?