This spring I will be taking a road trip with my 48yr mother and 14yr sister, from Dallas TX to Seattle WA. Dates and trip length are flexible; we're looking at late march to mid-april.
What suggested things should we do along the way? Any landmarks or must-see's that you know of? We haven't decided a route yet, might go up through colorado or might take the california way. Any recommendations?
Fun museums are great, any funky unusal stops would be loved! I am a photographer, so any great picture spots, waterfalls, backroads, wildlife hangouts, etc are a must-have. Hiking areas and good national parks are great too, but please rate how easy of a hike they are; my mother has a bad knee so she can't do as much as she would like.
Thank you for you advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 2 Hamilton Broadway
- 3 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 4 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 5 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 6 Florida Beach Hotel
- 7 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 8 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 9 Washington DC with kids
- 10 My road trip through southern US.
- 11 Late night eating in Kauai
- 12 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 13 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 14 Florida Nature Trip
- 15 help from a true New Yorker.
- 16 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 17 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 18 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 19 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 20 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 21 Safety Concerns
- 22 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 23 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 24 Alaska independent tour for group
- 25 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
Road Trip from Dallas, Texas to Seattle, Washington - Suggestions?