This spring I will be taking a road trip with my 48yr mother and 14yr sister, from Dallas TX to Seattle WA. Dates and trip length are flexible; we're looking at late march to mid-april.
What suggested things should we do along the way? Any landmarks or must-see's that you know of? We haven't decided a route yet, might go up through colorado or might take the california way. Any recommendations?
Fun museums are great, any funky unusal stops would be loved! I am a photographer, so any great picture spots, waterfalls, backroads, wildlife hangouts, etc are a must-have. Hiking areas and good national parks are great too, but please rate how easy of a hike they are; my mother has a bad knee so she can't do as much as she would like.
Thank you for you advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Laguardia to Niagara Falls (US side)
- 2 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 3 Snow in Cloudcroft i March
- 4 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 5 Washington DC to Orlando
- 6 Nantucket ferry - how badly did I miscalculate?
- 7 big one ?
- 8 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 9 Long Island near Brookhaven
- 10 Florida for a while
- 11 Best way from LaGuardia to Stamford
- 12 Rental car question
- 13 Tri Rail train to Lauderdale by the Sea
- 14 Thank God I'm a Mountain Girl
- 15 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 16 5 or 6 day road trip from Seattle
- 17 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 18 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 19 Foliage in Vermont
- 20 Hiking Sandia Mountains
- 21 Grand Canyon hike
- 22 Florida apartments/condos?
- 23 Leesburg VA area restaurants
- 24 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 25 NYC - 2 days and nights mid week in May
Road Trip from Dallas, Texas to Seattle, Washington - Suggestions?