This spring I will be taking a road trip with my 48yr mother and 14yr sister, from Dallas TX to Seattle WA. Dates and trip length are flexible; we're looking at late march to mid-april.
What suggested things should we do along the way? Any landmarks or must-see's that you know of? We haven't decided a route yet, might go up through colorado or might take the california way. Any recommendations?
Fun museums are great, any funky unusal stops would be loved! I am a photographer, so any great picture spots, waterfalls, backroads, wildlife hangouts, etc are a must-have. Hiking areas and good national parks are great too, but please rate how easy of a hike they are; my mother has a bad knee so she can't do as much as she would like.
Thank you for you advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 2 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 3 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 4 Northern California Gardens.
- 5 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 6 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 7 Hawaii wedding
- 8 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 9 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 10 Route 66
- 11 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 12 Itinerary help Oregon: 9 nights
- 13 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 14 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 15 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 16 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 17 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 18 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 19 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 20 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 21 Florida with a 2 year old
- 22 Train from east cost to west coast
- 23 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 24 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 25 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
Road Trip from Dallas, Texas to Seattle, Washington - Suggestions?