This spring I will be taking a road trip with my 48yr mother and 14yr sister, from Dallas TX to Seattle WA. Dates and trip length are flexible; we're looking at late march to mid-april.
What suggested things should we do along the way? Any landmarks or must-see's that you know of? We haven't decided a route yet, might go up through colorado or might take the california way. Any recommendations?
Fun museums are great, any funky unusal stops would be loved! I am a photographer, so any great picture spots, waterfalls, backroads, wildlife hangouts, etc are a must-have. Hiking areas and good national parks are great too, but please rate how easy of a hike they are; my mother has a bad knee so she can't do as much as she would like.
Thank you for you advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 2 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 3 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 4 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 5 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 6 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 7 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 8 Ideas for New York
- 9 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 10 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 11 Help us choose a hotel
- 12 Honeymoon on PCH
- 13 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 14 Magic Show
- 15 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 16 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 17 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 18 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 19 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 20 Staying outside DC
- 21 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 22 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 23 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 24 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 25 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
Road Trip from Dallas, Texas to Seattle, Washington - Suggestions?