My boyfriend and I are leaving on 10/2 and have 14 - 17 days(max) to take a road trip out west. We're planning on camping at least half of the time and sleeping in hotels/at friend's houses the rest of the time. When we started planning we intended to do the following route: Boulder - Moab - Grand Canyon - Vegas - LA - Big Sur - San Jose - Yosemite - San Fran - Redwood NP - Portland - Seattle - Tetons - Back to Boulder. We're beginning to realize that this may be do-able but not totally enjoyable. Any advice re: experience with this (or a similar) route, amazing things that we should try to see, or what can be left out would be great. Thanks
Road Trip from Colorado, West, and Back to CO
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help w Utah National Parks Visit-Itinerary check
- 2 need cheap motel, kahului, one night, car rental
- 3 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 4 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 5 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 6 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 7 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 8 3 nights in Nashville
- 9 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Cape Cod in early April
- 12 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 13 Four days in DC
- 14 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 15 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 16 One Night at Logan Airport
- 17 Circle Oahu / luau
- 18 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 19 Backpacking in April
- 20 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 21 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 22 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 23 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 24 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii