My partner and I visted the USA for the first time last year, 4 week road trip in California and Nevada and loved it. Now planning to go back again in mid October this year for a road trip in the Deep South for between 4 and 5 weeks. Why the Deep South? Just somewhere different.
Initial plan is to fly in to Memphis then drive a very big loop (over 4,000km's) taking in Clarksdale, Vicksburg, New Orleans, head west along gulf coast, go south as far as Kennedy Space Center in Florida, then north through St Augustine, Savannah and Charleston. Then head back in land through Augusta, Atlanta, Chattanooga, Nashville and back to Memphis.
Coming from Australia the driving time is not of great concern. However, is this a manageable trip in 4 to 5 weeks without feeling we have rushed through everywhere? We aim to stay off the main highways where ever possible with multiple day stops at the major centres.
If you think we are trying to cover too much, any suggestions to a better route would be greatly appreciated.
Also as this is the first time we will have visited any of these places any recommendations on places to visit outside of the main attractions would be greatly appreciated.
My partner and I are both in our 40's and very active. Our tastes and interests are very broad; music, food, sport, history, nature, shopping. So does not really help with regards to suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://klereumcol.com/zymax-male-enhancement/
- 2 http://skincaresfreetrial.com/ripped-testo-reviews/
- 3 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 4 Grade 12 subjects
- 5 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 6 NJ to Florida drive
- 7 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 8 Sedona
- 9 Okc,Ok to Taos,NM
- 10 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 11 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 12 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 13 Pacific Coast Drive, San Francisco to Seattle
- 14 A weekend in Alaska: Northern Lights and more
- 15 Bugs on Sanibel Island
- 16 Southwest Colorado and beetle kill
- 17 Alaska Road Trip (Anchorage-Denali-Valdez)
- 18 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 19 Kauai in November
- 20 Blue Whale Inn, RI
- 21 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 22 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 23 what western states to spend the most time in
- 24 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 25 San Francisco Itinerary help