My partner and I visted the USA for the first time last year, 4 week road trip in California and Nevada and loved it. Now planning to go back again in mid October this year for a road trip in the Deep South for between 4 and 5 weeks. Why the Deep South? Just somewhere different.
Initial plan is to fly in to Memphis then drive a very big loop (over 4,000km's) taking in Clarksdale, Vicksburg, New Orleans, head west along gulf coast, go south as far as Kennedy Space Center in Florida, then north through St Augustine, Savannah and Charleston. Then head back in land through Augusta, Atlanta, Chattanooga, Nashville and back to Memphis.
Coming from Australia the driving time is not of great concern. However, is this a manageable trip in 4 to 5 weeks without feeling we have rushed through everywhere? We aim to stay off the main highways where ever possible with multiple day stops at the major centres.
If you think we are trying to cover too much, any suggestions to a better route would be greatly appreciated.
Also as this is the first time we will have visited any of these places any recommendations on places to visit outside of the main attractions would be greatly appreciated.
My partner and I are both in our 40's and very active. Our tastes and interests are very broad; music, food, sport, history, nature, shopping. So does not really help with regards to suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/testorx/
- 2 My blood pressure should have shot through
- 3 Tips For Dumping Under Eye Bags
- 4 Crazy Mass Review - Enables fast and efficient fat Reduction
- 5 Sedona to Vegas
- 6 Broadway show tickets
- 7 Restaurants in DC
- 8 Hawk's
- 9 4th of July in Chicago
- 10 Oahu hotels
- 11 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 12 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 13 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 14 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 15 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 16 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 17 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 18 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 19 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 20 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 21 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 22 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 23 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 24 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 25 Quick trip to New Mexico