I am from Australia and am taking a Nth American trip in August, with 16 days, starting from NYC to see the coast of Maine, Nova Scotia and PEI and get to Rochester NY to drop the car off and fly out.
I am looking at somthing like the following day by day sched.
1. NYC to Providence, RI by Amtrak. Pickup rental car.
2. RI via Plymouth to Portland, ME
3. Wiscasset, Boothbay Hbr to Port Clyde
4 Ferry to Monhegan Is from Port Clyde, Rockland, Rockport, Camden
5-6 Bar Harbor, Acadian Nat Pk,
7. Saint John, NB ferry to Digby NS, Lunenburg
8. Mahone Bay, Peggy's Cove, Halifax
9-10 Cabot Trail, Cape Breton
12 PEI to Moncton, NB
13-16. Gaspe to Rochester, NY
I realise it is a big rush, but it is my only opportunity to see these areas. We are two adults in our 50's, I am used to driving long distances. We prefer seascapes, scenery, islands, over cities and shopping etc.
I figure much in these areas will be similar. Any suggestions what could be dropped and what is best kept?
Should we forget Boothbay? I am happy just to focus on the Acadian Nat Park and not spend more than an evening in Bar Harbor, or is it better to forget that as well and put more time into Cape Breton etc. in Nova Scotia?
I've thought about including Newfoundland, and cutting out some other areas. But even though I hear it is the most beautiful of all these areas I am it sounds a step too far to fit it in, especially with so much time getting there and back by ferry.
Any comments, recommendation are much appreciated. I doubt I will get the opportunity to get back to Maine and the Maritimes again, so I am working hard to plan the best trip I can do in the time.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Day Trip from Monroe, Ct to Berkshires
- 2 Nashville or Nashville and New Orleans
- 3 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 4 Disneyland, Yosemite and San Fransisco
- 5 Airbnb seattle
- 6 Photos of otters and other wildlife at Moss Landing
- 7 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 8 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 9 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota Trip Report
- 10 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 11 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 12 Texas info
- 13 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 14 Leisurely Car Trip from Atlanta to Sacramento?
- 15 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 16 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 17 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 18 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 19 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 20 inspire me after landing in Miami
- 21 Dallas airport to bush library
- 22 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 23 los angeles to redwood national park overnight stop
- 24 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 25 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl