I am from Australia and am taking a Nth American trip in August, with 16 days, starting from NYC to see the coast of Maine, Nova Scotia and PEI and get to Rochester NY to drop the car off and fly out.
I am looking at somthing like the following day by day sched.
1. NYC to Providence, RI by Amtrak. Pickup rental car.
2. RI via Plymouth to Portland, ME
3. Wiscasset, Boothbay Hbr to Port Clyde
4 Ferry to Monhegan Is from Port Clyde, Rockland, Rockport, Camden
5-6 Bar Harbor, Acadian Nat Pk,
7. Saint John, NB ferry to Digby NS, Lunenburg
8. Mahone Bay, Peggy's Cove, Halifax
9-10 Cabot Trail, Cape Breton
12 PEI to Moncton, NB
13-16. Gaspe to Rochester, NY
I realise it is a big rush, but it is my only opportunity to see these areas. We are two adults in our 50's, I am used to driving long distances. We prefer seascapes, scenery, islands, over cities and shopping etc.
I figure much in these areas will be similar. Any suggestions what could be dropped and what is best kept?
Should we forget Boothbay? I am happy just to focus on the Acadian Nat Park and not spend more than an evening in Bar Harbor, or is it better to forget that as well and put more time into Cape Breton etc. in Nova Scotia?
I've thought about including Newfoundland, and cutting out some other areas. But even though I hear it is the most beautiful of all these areas I am it sounds a step too far to fit it in, especially with so much time getting there and back by ferry.
Any comments, recommendation are much appreciated. I doubt I will get the opportunity to get back to Maine and the Maritimes again, so I am working hard to plan the best trip I can do in the time.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 2 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 3 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 4 Florida keys trip
- 5 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 6 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 7 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 8 Coffee in Boston?
- 9 Nashville Never Been
- 10 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 11 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 12 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 13 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 14 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 15 Traveling in winter
- 16 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 17 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 18 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 19 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 20 New orleans recs for family
- 21 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 22 Later Winter around Mobile
- 23 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 24 Uber boston
- 25 Steamboat Springs, CO