I'm attempting to plan a vacation for my friend and I (late 20's) to Seattle and the vicinity. I have a list of places we want to see and I am confused about how to work it all in. I'm hoping that you might all have some suggestions for us. we will be going from August 13-21. We are meeting other friends in Seattle for two days and then we are on our own. This is what I have come up with so far, but I really can use suggestions on how to make it make some sense!
we will be arriving late thursday night
sunday-bus tour to mt rainier?
monday-i would like to get us to vancouver
tuesday-to victoria and then port angeles?
wednesday- friday- rent a car and road trip on rt 101, olympic state park and back to seattle airport?
as you can see...I'm confused. should we rent a car from seattle to drive to vancouver, or take a bus or train to vancouver, a ferry back to pt angeles and then rent a car? I've also read good things about port townsend and would kind of like to see that as well.
just so you know a little about us, we like nature (seeing it, not camping in it dont really like bars, clubs, enjoy walking around towns and cities and seeing the sites. i would really like to see some of the culture of the northeast as well as some art. We aren't on a horribly tight budget, but do need to watch what we are spending. If anyone can give suggestions on transportation, or where would be best to stay for the night during the roadtrip or what to do or really anything you can think of, that would be great!
Thanks so so much,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 2 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 3 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 4 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 5 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 6 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 7 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 8 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 9 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 10 road trip
- 11 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 12 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 13 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 14 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 15 Florida in October
- 16 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 17 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 18 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 19 FLL to Key West
- 20 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 21 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 22 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 23 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 24 New England Road Trip
- 25 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip