I'm attempting to plan a vacation for my friend and I (late 20's) to Seattle and the vicinity. I have a list of places we want to see and I am confused about how to work it all in. I'm hoping that you might all have some suggestions for us. we will be going from August 13-21. We are meeting other friends in Seattle for two days and then we are on our own. This is what I have come up with so far, but I really can use suggestions on how to make it make some sense!
we will be arriving late thursday night
sunday-bus tour to mt rainier?
monday-i would like to get us to vancouver
tuesday-to victoria and then port angeles?
wednesday- friday- rent a car and road trip on rt 101, olympic state park and back to seattle airport?
as you can see...I'm confused. should we rent a car from seattle to drive to vancouver, or take a bus or train to vancouver, a ferry back to pt angeles and then rent a car? I've also read good things about port townsend and would kind of like to see that as well.
just so you know a little about us, we like nature (seeing it, not camping in it dont really like bars, clubs, enjoy walking around towns and cities and seeing the sites. i would really like to see some of the culture of the northeast as well as some art. We aren't on a horribly tight budget, but do need to watch what we are spending. If anyone can give suggestions on transportation, or where would be best to stay for the night during the roadtrip or what to do or really anything you can think of, that would be great!
Thanks so so much,
road trip around seattle area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 3 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 4 Best Destination in USA
- 5 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 6 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 7 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 8 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 9 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 10 x mas
- 11 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 12 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 13 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 14 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 15 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 17 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 18 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 19 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 20 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 21 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 22 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 23 New Orleans help please
- 24 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach