I'm attempting to plan a vacation for my friend and I (late 20's) to Seattle and the vicinity. I have a list of places we want to see and I am confused about how to work it all in. I'm hoping that you might all have some suggestions for us. we will be going from August 13-21. We are meeting other friends in Seattle for two days and then we are on our own. This is what I have come up with so far, but I really can use suggestions on how to make it make some sense!
we will be arriving late thursday night
sunday-bus tour to mt rainier?
monday-i would like to get us to vancouver
tuesday-to victoria and then port angeles?
wednesday- friday- rent a car and road trip on rt 101, olympic state park and back to seattle airport?
as you can see...I'm confused. should we rent a car from seattle to drive to vancouver, or take a bus or train to vancouver, a ferry back to pt angeles and then rent a car? I've also read good things about port townsend and would kind of like to see that as well.
just so you know a little about us, we like nature (seeing it, not camping in it dont really like bars, clubs, enjoy walking around towns and cities and seeing the sites. i would really like to see some of the culture of the northeast as well as some art. We aren't on a horribly tight budget, but do need to watch what we are spending. If anyone can give suggestions on transportation, or where would be best to stay for the night during the roadtrip or what to do or really anything you can think of, that would be great!
Thanks so so much,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://megacleanseradvice.com/embova-rx/
- 2 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 3 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 4 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 5 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 6 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 7 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 8 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 9 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 10 California Trip
- 11 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 12 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 13 New Orleans
- 14 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 15 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 16 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 17 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 18 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 21 Weather in Chicago
- 22 Road trip around Washington DC
- 23 Utah trip Itinerary
- 24 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 25 DCArea GTG April 2017