I'm attempting to plan a vacation for my friend and I (late 20's) to Seattle and the vicinity. I have a list of places we want to see and I am confused about how to work it all in. I'm hoping that you might all have some suggestions for us. we will be going from August 13-21. We are meeting other friends in Seattle for two days and then we are on our own. This is what I have come up with so far, but I really can use suggestions on how to make it make some sense!
we will be arriving late thursday night
sunday-bus tour to mt rainier?
monday-i would like to get us to vancouver
tuesday-to victoria and then port angeles?
wednesday- friday- rent a car and road trip on rt 101, olympic state park and back to seattle airport?
as you can see...I'm confused. should we rent a car from seattle to drive to vancouver, or take a bus or train to vancouver, a ferry back to pt angeles and then rent a car? I've also read good things about port townsend and would kind of like to see that as well.
just so you know a little about us, we like nature (seeing it, not camping in it dont really like bars, clubs, enjoy walking around towns and cities and seeing the sites. i would really like to see some of the culture of the northeast as well as some art. We aren't on a horribly tight budget, but do need to watch what we are spending. If anyone can give suggestions on transportation, or where would be best to stay for the night during the roadtrip or what to do or really anything you can think of, that would be great!
Thanks so so much,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 South beach Miami to Key west driving map
- 2 Tour guide in Bend, OR, for Lava Caves?
- 3 Depot Bay OR
- 4 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 5 Sim Card and Carrier Plan for Data in US and Canada for tourist
- 6 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 7 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 8 Steamboat in August
- 9 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 10 Drive from San Fran to Portland or Seattle in winter
- 11 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 12 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 13 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 14 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 15 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 16 Las vegas +21
- 17 Phone SIM
- 18 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 19 Discount Broadway Show Tickets webistes
- 20 A June trip to Kauai
- 21 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 22 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 23 Napa Valley Hotel
- 24 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 25 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-