I'm attempting to plan a vacation for my friend and I (late 20's) to Seattle and the vicinity. I have a list of places we want to see and I am confused about how to work it all in. I'm hoping that you might all have some suggestions for us. we will be going from August 13-21. We are meeting other friends in Seattle for two days and then we are on our own. This is what I have come up with so far, but I really can use suggestions on how to make it make some sense!
we will be arriving late thursday night
sunday-bus tour to mt rainier?
monday-i would like to get us to vancouver
tuesday-to victoria and then port angeles?
wednesday- friday- rent a car and road trip on rt 101, olympic state park and back to seattle airport?
as you can see...I'm confused. should we rent a car from seattle to drive to vancouver, or take a bus or train to vancouver, a ferry back to pt angeles and then rent a car? I've also read good things about port townsend and would kind of like to see that as well.
just so you know a little about us, we like nature (seeing it, not camping in it dont really like bars, clubs, enjoy walking around towns and cities and seeing the sites. i would really like to see some of the culture of the northeast as well as some art. We aren't on a horribly tight budget, but do need to watch what we are spending. If anyone can give suggestions on transportation, or where would be best to stay for the night during the roadtrip or what to do or really anything you can think of, that would be great!
Thanks so so much,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 2 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 3 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 4 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 5 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 6 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 7 Train from east cost to west coast
- 8 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 9 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 10 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 11 Arches or Zion?
- 12 Route 66
- 13 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 14 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 15 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 16 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 17 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 18 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 19 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 20 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 21 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 22 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 23 Northern California Gardens.
- 24 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 25 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula