I will be in the Pacific Northwest from August 1st till August 13th and looking for the best places to see (I have never been anywhere in that area). There will be two of us- both active and outdoorsy- and we hope to hike, bike, visit vineyards and/or breweries, and see both Portland and Seattle. We are considering some or all of the following in any order: Mt. Rainier, San Juan Islands, and the Oregon Coast. Any ideas on the best path/route? we are planning on flying in/out of seattle so I was thinking we could do Seattle to Portland along the oregon coast, and then back in the other direction more inland through Mt. Rainier and maybe wine country ? We are open to any suggestions about what is most important to see, what routes are best, where to eat, where to stay, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zurich airport connections
- 2 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 3 Cleveland West Side Market
- 4 Eastern Seaboard
- 5 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 6 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 7 Carlsbad Emergency Locksmith | LockTechs
- 8 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 9 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 10 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 11 Recent Spam Attacks
- 12 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 13 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 14 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 15 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 16 Miami airport--safety??
- 17 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 18 Harmony Thai Massage Houston
- 19 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 20 US whole month of January where to
- 21 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 22 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 23 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 24 Kauai-Planning ahead
- 25 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line