I will be in the Pacific Northwest from August 1st till August 13th and looking for the best places to see (I have never been anywhere in that area). There will be two of us- both active and outdoorsy- and we hope to hike, bike, visit vineyards and/or breweries, and see both Portland and Seattle. We are considering some or all of the following in any order: Mt. Rainier, San Juan Islands, and the Oregon Coast. Any ideas on the best path/route? we are planning on flying in/out of seattle so I was thinking we could do Seattle to Portland along the oregon coast, and then back in the other direction more inland through Mt. Rainier and maybe wine country ? We are open to any suggestions about what is most important to see, what routes are best, where to eat, where to stay, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 2 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 3 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 4 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 5 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 6 Retiring to Tucson
- 7 Trinity Site, NM
- 8 Santa Fe Itineray
- 9 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 10 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 11 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 12 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 13 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 14 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 15 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 16 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 17 Hotel in Reno
- 18 North Carolina airports
- 19 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 20 Boston to Naples florida
- 21 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 22 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 23 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 24 best health clubs with lap pools
- 25 10 days vacation in California