I will be in the Pacific Northwest from August 1st till August 13th and looking for the best places to see (I have never been anywhere in that area). There will be two of us- both active and outdoorsy- and we hope to hike, bike, visit vineyards and/or breweries, and see both Portland and Seattle. We are considering some or all of the following in any order: Mt. Rainier, San Juan Islands, and the Oregon Coast. Any ideas on the best path/route? we are planning on flying in/out of seattle so I was thinking we could do Seattle to Portland along the oregon coast, and then back in the other direction more inland through Mt. Rainier and maybe wine country ? We are open to any suggestions about what is most important to see, what routes are best, where to eat, where to stay, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Road trip around Seattle and Portland
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 2 Yosemite in Winter
- 3 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 4 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 5 Orlando in March
- 6 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 7 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 8 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 9 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 10 Active Vacation
- 11 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 12 Quick SoCal question
- 13 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 14 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 15 New England September
- 16 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 17 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Tampa in February
- 20 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 21 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 22 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 23 NYC taxi vs car service
- 24 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 25 Car Rental West Palm Beach