I will be in the Pacific Northwest from August 1st till August 13th and looking for the best places to see (I have never been anywhere in that area). There will be two of us- both active and outdoorsy- and we hope to hike, bike, visit vineyards and/or breweries, and see both Portland and Seattle. We are considering some or all of the following in any order: Mt. Rainier, San Juan Islands, and the Oregon Coast. Any ideas on the best path/route? we are planning on flying in/out of seattle so I was thinking we could do Seattle to Portland along the oregon coast, and then back in the other direction more inland through Mt. Rainier and maybe wine country ? We are open to any suggestions about what is most important to see, what routes are best, where to eat, where to stay, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 2 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 3 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 4 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 5 fort lauderdale
- 6 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 7 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 8 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 9 Redwood National Forest
- 10 What to do in San Diego
- 11 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 12 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 13 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 14 First Trip to Texas -
- 15 5 days in Colorado
- 16 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 17 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 18 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 19 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 20 New Hampshire
- 21 Things to do in Bakersfield
- 22 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 23 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 24 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 25 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday