I will be in the Pacific Northwest from August 1st till August 13th and looking for the best places to see (I have never been anywhere in that area). There will be two of us- both active and outdoorsy- and we hope to hike, bike, visit vineyards and/or breweries, and see both Portland and Seattle. We are considering some or all of the following in any order: Mt. Rainier, San Juan Islands, and the Oregon Coast. Any ideas on the best path/route? we are planning on flying in/out of seattle so I was thinking we could do Seattle to Portland along the oregon coast, and then back in the other direction more inland through Mt. Rainier and maybe wine country ? We are open to any suggestions about what is most important to see, what routes are best, where to eat, where to stay, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Road trip around Seattle and Portland
- 1 Savanah Sojourn
- 2 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 5 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 6 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 7 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 8 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 9 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 10 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 11 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 12 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 13 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 14 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 15 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 16 Warm and don't Drive
- 17 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 18 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 19 Rockport, MA dining?
- 20 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 21 Princeville in January
- 22 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 23 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 24 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 25 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?