My friend and I just took a 5 day road trip leaving NYC travelling to the midwest, stopping off in Detroit Michigan to visit family and attend a book signing event. We visited Hitsville USA Museum and took a drive to Belle Isle Park. We drove through my old neighborhood where I used to live and saw my old high school, which brought back so many memories. We drove from Detroit through the tunnel, crossing the border into Windsor, Canada for a day trip. Then, off to Chicago for a wonderful drive thru parts of Michigan and Indiana. In Chicago, we visited the Navy Pier, Buckingham Fountain, and bought Garrett popcorn (Chicago mix). We took a bus ride around Lincoln Park and walked, walked, walked around the city. Coming home we left Chicago, drove through Indiana, Ohio and the Pennsylvania mountains where I mention to my friend the tree tops remind me of BROCCOLI florets! We stayed overnight in Somerset, PA. The next day we contiuned our trip crossing into New Jersey, and New York finally arriving back home safe with happy smiles on our faces! What a wonderful trip! You must try it sometime!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 2 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 3 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 6 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 7 Boston/Fenway park
- 8 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 9 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 10 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 11 Atlanta with kids
- 12 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 13 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 14 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 15 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 20 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 23 Family Camp in Maine
- 24 San Diego
- 25 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon