My friend and I just took a 5 day road trip leaving NYC travelling to the midwest, stopping off in Detroit Michigan to visit family and attend a book signing event. We visited Hitsville USA Museum and took a drive to Belle Isle Park. We drove through my old neighborhood where I used to live and saw my old high school, which brought back so many memories. We drove from Detroit through the tunnel, crossing the border into Windsor, Canada for a day trip. Then, off to Chicago for a wonderful drive thru parts of Michigan and Indiana. In Chicago, we visited the Navy Pier, Buckingham Fountain, and bought Garrett popcorn (Chicago mix). We took a bus ride around Lincoln Park and walked, walked, walked around the city. Coming home we left Chicago, drove through Indiana, Ohio and the Pennsylvania mountains where I mention to my friend the tree tops remind me of BROCCOLI florets! We stayed overnight in Somerset, PA. The next day we contiuned our trip crossing into New Jersey, and New York finally arriving back home safe with happy smiles on our faces! What a wonderful trip! You must try it sometime!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway choices
- 2 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 3 Yosemite Lodging
- 4 What's new on Maui?
- 5 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 6 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 7 Moving to New Jersey
- 8 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 9 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 10 Tucson area flooding
- 11 Colorado aspen updates
- 12 Restaurants near Mendocino area
- 13 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 14 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 15 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 16 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 17 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 18 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 19 Oregon Road Trip
- 20 Getaway
- 21 Refining my California Itinerary
- 22 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 23 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 24 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 25 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?