My friend and I just took a 5 day road trip leaving NYC travelling to the midwest, stopping off in Detroit Michigan to visit family and attend a book signing event. We visited Hitsville USA Museum and took a drive to Belle Isle Park. We drove through my old neighborhood where I used to live and saw my old high school, which brought back so many memories. We drove from Detroit through the tunnel, crossing the border into Windsor, Canada for a day trip. Then, off to Chicago for a wonderful drive thru parts of Michigan and Indiana. In Chicago, we visited the Navy Pier, Buckingham Fountain, and bought Garrett popcorn (Chicago mix). We took a bus ride around Lincoln Park and walked, walked, walked around the city. Coming home we left Chicago, drove through Indiana, Ohio and the Pennsylvania mountains where I mention to my friend the tree tops remind me of BROCCOLI florets! We stayed overnight in Somerset, PA. The next day we contiuned our trip crossing into New Jersey, and New York finally arriving back home safe with happy smiles on our faces! What a wonderful trip! You must try it sometime!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 2 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 3 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 4 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 SFO black friday traffic
- 7 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 8 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 9 California & French Polynesia
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 12 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 15 Dining in Manhattan
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 18 American Honeymoon in March
- 19 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 20 How to dress in Vegas
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 23 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 24 St Patrick's renovations
- 25 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA