My friend and I just took a 5 day road trip leaving NYC travelling to the midwest, stopping off in Detroit Michigan to visit family and attend a book signing event. We visited Hitsville USA Museum and took a drive to Belle Isle Park. We drove through my old neighborhood where I used to live and saw my old high school, which brought back so many memories. We drove from Detroit through the tunnel, crossing the border into Windsor, Canada for a day trip. Then, off to Chicago for a wonderful drive thru parts of Michigan and Indiana. In Chicago, we visited the Navy Pier, Buckingham Fountain, and bought Garrett popcorn (Chicago mix). We took a bus ride around Lincoln Park and walked, walked, walked around the city. Coming home we left Chicago, drove through Indiana, Ohio and the Pennsylvania mountains where I mention to my friend the tree tops remind me of BROCCOLI florets! We stayed overnight in Somerset, PA. The next day we contiuned our trip crossing into New Jersey, and New York finally arriving back home safe with happy smiles on our faces! What a wonderful trip! You must try it sometime!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 2 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 3 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 4 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 5 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 6 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 7 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 8 Las Vegas must sees
- 9 adams morgan - safety
- 10 Morning in miami
- 11 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 12 Grand Marais?
- 13 Grand Teton in October
- 14 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 15 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 16 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 17 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 18 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 19 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 20 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 21 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 22 US Southwest
- 23 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 24 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 25 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco