My friend and I just took a 5 day road trip leaving NYC travelling to the midwest, stopping off in Detroit Michigan to visit family and attend a book signing event. We visited Hitsville USA Museum and took a drive to Belle Isle Park. We drove through my old neighborhood where I used to live and saw my old high school, which brought back so many memories. We drove from Detroit through the tunnel, crossing the border into Windsor, Canada for a day trip. Then, off to Chicago for a wonderful drive thru parts of Michigan and Indiana. In Chicago, we visited the Navy Pier, Buckingham Fountain, and bought Garrett popcorn (Chicago mix). We took a bus ride around Lincoln Park and walked, walked, walked around the city. Coming home we left Chicago, drove through Indiana, Ohio and the Pennsylvania mountains where I mention to my friend the tree tops remind me of BROCCOLI florets! We stayed overnight in Somerset, PA. The next day we contiuned our trip crossing into New Jersey, and New York finally arriving back home safe with happy smiles on our faces! What a wonderful trip! You must try it sometime!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 2 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 3 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 4 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 5 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 Mesa Verde
- 8 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 9 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 10 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 11 ONP help
- 12 NYC Clubs for live music
- 13 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 14 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 15 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 16 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 17 Seattle Hyatts
- 18 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 19 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 20 Coastal New England Road trip
- 21 Seattle: Something Different?
- 22 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 23 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 24 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 25 Park City ideas