My friend and I just took a 5 day road trip leaving NYC travelling to the midwest, stopping off in Detroit Michigan to visit family and attend a book signing event. We visited Hitsville USA Museum and took a drive to Belle Isle Park. We drove through my old neighborhood where I used to live and saw my old high school, which brought back so many memories. We drove from Detroit through the tunnel, crossing the border into Windsor, Canada for a day trip. Then, off to Chicago for a wonderful drive thru parts of Michigan and Indiana. In Chicago, we visited the Navy Pier, Buckingham Fountain, and bought Garrett popcorn (Chicago mix). We took a bus ride around Lincoln Park and walked, walked, walked around the city. Coming home we left Chicago, drove through Indiana, Ohio and the Pennsylvania mountains where I mention to my friend the tree tops remind me of BROCCOLI florets! We stayed overnight in Somerset, PA. The next day we contiuned our trip crossing into New Jersey, and New York finally arriving back home safe with happy smiles on our faces! What a wonderful trip! You must try it sometime!
View all United States activity »
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 RIP Judy Rogers
- 3 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 4 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 5 Warm and don't Drive
- 6 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 7 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 8 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 9 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 10 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 11 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 12 hotel near Met NYC
- 13 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 14 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 15 Princeville in January
- 16 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 17 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 18 pa to az
- 19 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 20 Savanah Sojourn
- 21 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 22 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 23 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 24 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 25 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)