My friend and I just took a 5 day road trip leaving NYC travelling to the midwest, stopping off in Detroit Michigan to visit family and attend a book signing event. We visited Hitsville USA Museum and took a drive to Belle Isle Park. We drove through my old neighborhood where I used to live and saw my old high school, which brought back so many memories. We drove from Detroit through the tunnel, crossing the border into Windsor, Canada for a day trip. Then, off to Chicago for a wonderful drive thru parts of Michigan and Indiana. In Chicago, we visited the Navy Pier, Buckingham Fountain, and bought Garrett popcorn (Chicago mix). We took a bus ride around Lincoln Park and walked, walked, walked around the city. Coming home we left Chicago, drove through Indiana, Ohio and the Pennsylvania mountains where I mention to my friend the tree tops remind me of BROCCOLI florets! We stayed overnight in Somerset, PA. The next day we contiuned our trip crossing into New Jersey, and New York finally arriving back home safe with happy smiles on our faces! What a wonderful trip! You must try it sometime!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 2 One week roundtrip LAX - Advice Please
- 3 Utah 2
- 4 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 5 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 6 Sea world San Diego
- 7 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 8 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 9 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 10 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 11 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 12 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 13 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 14 Small group dining in Napa area
- 15 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 16 Montana- what are must see places?
- 17 Italian restaurants in NYC
- 18 Maui - Haleakala
- 19 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 20 Utah restaurants
- 21 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 22 Kauai Garden tours
- 23 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 24 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 25 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't