It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 2 Seattle Airport to Downtown
- 3 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 4 accessible shuttes from Nashville airport to Omni Hotel
- 5 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 6 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 7 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 8 October New England Honeymoon??
- 9 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 10 Zion National Park
- 11 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 12 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 13 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 14 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 15 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 16 What to do in Asheville
- 17 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
- 18 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 19 Denver to Yellowstone
- 20 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 21 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 22 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 23 Crazy to travel to Salem Massachusetts by myself?
- 24 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 25 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?