It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 moving to florida
- 2 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 3 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 4 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 5 Charlotte restaurant help
- 6 Alaska railroad?
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 9 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 10 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 11 culpepper
- 12 NYC Clubs for live music
- 13 Mesa Verde
- 14 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 15 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 16 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 17 Itinerary opinions
- 18 Calgary to Banff
- 19 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 20 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 21 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 22 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 23 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 24 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 25 Our perfect day in Key West