It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 2 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 3 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 4 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 5 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 6 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 7 Sedona to Vegas
- 8 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 9 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 10 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 11 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 12 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 13 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 14 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 15 November redwoods trip
- 16 San Fran
- 17 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 18 Seattle?
- 19 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 20 SF and northern California - October
- 21 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 22 Alabama trip in Dec
- 23 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 24 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 25 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?