It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 2 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 5 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 9 Alaska
- 10 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 13 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 14 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 15 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 16 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 17 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 18 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 19 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 20 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 21 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 22 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 23 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 24 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 25 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings