It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 2 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 3 Arlington funeral plans
- 4 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 5 destin resorts
- 6 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 7 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 8 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 9 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 10 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 11 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 12 Relocating to the Deep South
- 13 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 14 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 15 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 16 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 17 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 18 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 19 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 20 Airfares in the 1970's
- 21 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 22 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 23 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 24 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 25 Seattle to San Francisco