It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 2 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 3 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 4 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 5 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 6 Arches Devils Garden
- 7 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 8 Santa Fe Itineray
- 9 Big Sure in June
- 10 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 11 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 12 best health clubs with lap pools
- 13 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 14 Retiring to Tucson
- 15 universal studios and disney
- 16 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 17 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 18 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 19 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 20 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 21 Savannah hotel
- 22 Utah National Parks visit
- 23 marriot cypress harbour
- 24 Hotel in Reno
- 25 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update