It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 4 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 5 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 6 New York City Restaurants
- 7 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Boston/Fenway park
- 10 California self drive trip
- 11 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 12 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 13 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 14 Timeshare Nightmares
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 10 day trip to California
- 17 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 18 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 19 Drive along the Columbia River
- 20 Wine Country Picnic
- 21 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 22 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 23 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 24 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 25 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,