It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 2 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 3 help from a true New Yorker.
- 4 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 5 Safety Concerns
- 6 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 7 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 8 Alaska independent tour for group
- 9 Washington DC with kids
- 10 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 11 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 12 5 days in Colorado
- 13 Trip to northern California
- 14 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 15 40th in Key West
- 16 Downtown Chicago
- 17 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 18 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 19 Alaska -public transport
- 20 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 21 Hamilton Broadway
- 22 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 23 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 24 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 25 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia