It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mendocino Hiking
- 2 Running kissimmee Florida
- 3 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 4 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 5 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 6 LOWER Antelope Canyon
- 7 Maine in late October
- 8 Monterey whale watching
- 9 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 10 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 11 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 12 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 13 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 14 Coast Starlight Amtrak
- 15 Mackinac or Holland?
- 16 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 17 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 18 Memphis to Dallas
- 19 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 20 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 21 The New Whitney
- 22 1.5 days in Chicago
- 23 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 24 Highway 1 motels
- 25 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park