It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Worst Restaurants in America
- 2 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 3 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 4 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 5 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 6 Colorado aspen updates
- 7 4 week family trip ideas
- 8 Yosemite Lodging
- 9 Tucson area flooding
- 10 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 11 What's new on Maui?
- 12 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT
- 13 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 14 Oregon Road Trip
- 15 Broadway choices
- 16 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 17 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 18 Moving to New Jersey
- 19 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 20 Restaurants near Mendocino area
- 21 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 22 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 23 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 24 Getaway
- 25 Refining my California Itinerary