It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 2 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 3 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 4 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 5 US Trip
- 6 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 7 Bryce and Zion planning
- 8 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 9 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 10 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 11 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 12 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 13 Driving to NYC from Ohio
- 14 Ohio to NYC
- 15 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 16 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 17 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 18 4 days road trip southern New England
- 19 Philly Itinerary Help
- 20 Which one to pick----Phillips 26 Glacier or Prince William Sound cruise?
- 21 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 22 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 23 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 24 Boston with baby
- 25 Where to go: Dallas-Austin-Houston-San Antonio