It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 2 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 3 101 closure
- 4 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 5 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 6 Sonoma
- 7 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 8 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 9 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 10 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 11 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 12 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 13 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 14 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 15 Road trip around Washington DC
- 16 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 17 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 18 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 19 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 20 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 21 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 22 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 23 California Trip
- 24 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 25 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.