It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 2 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 3 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 4 What To See and Do in the Grand Rapids Area
- 5 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 6 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 7 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 8 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 9 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco
- 10 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 11 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 12 adams morgan - safety
- 13 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 14 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 15 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 16 Morning in miami
- 17 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 18 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 19 Grand Marais?
- 20 US Southwest
- 21 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 23 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 24 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 25 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?