It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I95
- 2 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 3 Florida keys trip
- 4 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 5 Wine Country
- 6 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 7 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 8 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 9 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 10 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 11 Key West luxury hotels
- 12 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 13 Nashville Never Been
- 14 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 15 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 16 Where to stay 3 nights Big Island Jan 29-Feb 1
- 17 Florida beach vacation
- 18 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 19 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 20 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 21 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 22 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 23 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 24 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 25 Oahu Trip Report with Friends Nov 2016