It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 2 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 3 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 4 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 5 Lunch on the Turquoise Trail
- 6 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 7 Utah 2
- 8 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 9 9 Day Itinerary in NOLA
- 10 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 11 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 12 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 13 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 14 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 15 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 16 Where to stay in Boston and how to get to Stowe
- 17 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 18 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 19 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 20 Sea world San Diego
- 21 Seattle in April
- 22 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 23 Maui - Haleakala
- 24 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 25 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!