It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 2 A day in Boston
- 3 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 4 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 5 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 6 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 7 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 8 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 9 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 10 Mystic CT
- 11 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 12 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 13 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 14 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 15 A June trip to Kauai
- 16 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 17 Your favourite places in New York City
- 18 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 19 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 20 Orlando - condoleances
- 21 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 22 1st trip to Colorado
- 23 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 24 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 25 Napa Valley Hotel