It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Farewell from Ira
- 2 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 3 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 4 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 5 chicago to hibbing
- 6 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 7 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 8 Return from Bradenton FL back to New Haven CT
- 9 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 10 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 11 Pix from Paradise (the Big Island, Kauai & Maui)
- 12 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 13 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 14 Finding the right moving company. (Calgary to Seattle!)
- 15 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 16 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 17 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 18 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 19 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 20 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 21 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 22 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 23 Pacific coast road trip
- 24 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 25 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley