It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 2 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 3 Help with first time
- 4 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 5 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 6 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 7 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 8 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 9 Discounted Rental Car?
- 10 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 11 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 12 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 13 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 14 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 15 BYOB in New York City
- 16 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 17 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 18 Inexpensive family getaways
- 19 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 20 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 21 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 22 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 23 New York best app
- 24 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 25 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest