It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lake Forest Locksmith
- 2 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 3 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 4 Las Vegas for a second timer
- 5 Digital Camera Recommendation
- 6 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 7 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 8 4 Days in LV
- 9 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 10 Help with parking at Staten Island ferry
- 11 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 12 Michigan advice needed
- 13 October in Colorado
- 14 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 15 Yosemite Valley showers
- 16 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 17 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 18 LegoLand Florida
- 19 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 20 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 21 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 22 louisiana bayou
- 23 SF Cable Cars
- 24 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 25 Mobile Suggestions