It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 2 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 3 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 4 Houston in September
- 5 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 6 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 7 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 8 Road Trip
- 9 New York City Restaurants
- 10 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit
- 11 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 12 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 13 Whale watching
- 14 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 15 palm desert, CA
- 16 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 17 New York Trip
- 18 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 19 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 20 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 21 Traffic north on Hwy. 1 in Maine Sat. 9/20 midday
- 22 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 23 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 24 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 25 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada