It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 2 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 3 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 4 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 5 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 6 San Diego with Kids
- 7 Getting around the Big Island
- 8 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 9 best of yellowstone
- 10 San Francisco - mid October
- 11 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 12 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 13 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 14 New York Yankee Station
- 15 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 16 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 17 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 18 Vegas hotels for families
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 21 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 22 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 23 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 24 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 25 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?