It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NY State Assembly Internship
- 2 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 3 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 4 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 5 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 6 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 7 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Arlington funeral plans
- 10 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 11 White Christmas
- 12 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 13 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 14 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 15 Grand Canyon
- 16 San Francisco and Napa
- 17 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 18 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 19 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 20 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 21 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 22 Midway point
- 23 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 24 New York City
- 25 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?