It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
- 1 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 2 San Antonio
- 3 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 4 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 5 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 6 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 7 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 8 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 9 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 10 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 11 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 12 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 13 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 14 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 15 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 16 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 17 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 18 Vero Beach FL
- 19 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 20 Question about Boulder area
- 21 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 22 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 23 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 24 Savanah Sojourn
- 25 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014