It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 2 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 3 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 4 Route Planning for East USA
- 5 Florida keys trip
- 6 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 7 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 8 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 9 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 10 How many states have you been to?
- 11 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 12 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 13 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 14 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 15 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 16 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 17 Skagway
- 18 Retiring in NM?
- 19 Chicago to Charleston
- 20 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 21 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 22 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 23 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 24 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 25 Honeymoon out west.