It looks like our summer vacation plans have to be changed as a family member has moved to Florida and we are going to meet them in Sanibel for a few nights.
Our kids want to take a road trip (we live in Montreal) and we have decided to take 18 days and visit some interesting places along the way (even those places that may be out of the way).
Our initial itinerary includes the following:
Drive to New Orleans, 2 day drive to get there and stay 4 nights
Drive to Sanibel, 1 day drive, stay 5 nights
Drive to Charleston, SC, 1 day drive, stay 3 nights
Drive home to Montreal, 1 day drive
What do you think? Should we also visit Savannah? Are there any other places we should visit? Should we leave out New Orleans and concentrate on other eastern places? Should we stop in Nashville or Memphis if we do decided to go to New Orleans?
This is our first draft so please let us know what you guys think. We love to drive so the miles do not concern us that much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 2 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 3 Utah 2
- 4 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 5 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?
- 6 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 7 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 8 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 9 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 10 must see and do's in Maui?
- 11 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 12 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 13 Canyon Rides horseback tour of Bryce Canyon
- 14 New York City - apartment locations
- 15 Boston to see Sargent works
- 16 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 17 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 18 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 19 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 20 Girls' Getaway
- 21 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 22 Car Rental in Sedona
- 23 places to stay south coast long island NY
- 24 NYC hotel/July
- 25 3-Days Driving from Denver to Santa Fe: Suggestions?