In early September, we're spending 3 days in Rocky Mountain NP, entering from Estes Park and exiting at Granby. We've got 2 more days in the area before heading back to the final day in Denver. Steamboat Springs seems like an interesting area, but one of my concerns is that most ski areas seem sad and often unattractive in the summer. We love hiking and the outdoors, so plan to raft in the Kremmling area. We love scenic drives and interesting smaller towns. We also like to land in a place by nightfall with decent accommodations and restaurants. We're more about experiencing the immediate than spending 4 hours to reach the next destination. Unfortunately, Aspen seems a little to far. Any thoughts on Steamboat Springs and its surroundings in early fall?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Alaska
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 8 Universal studios/Orlando
- 9 San Diego parks and attractions
- 10 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 11 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 12 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 13 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 14 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 15 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 16 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 17 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 18 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 19 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 20 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 21 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 22 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 23 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 24 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 25 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings