In early September, we're spending 3 days in Rocky Mountain NP, entering from Estes Park and exiting at Granby. We've got 2 more days in the area before heading back to the final day in Denver. Steamboat Springs seems like an interesting area, but one of my concerns is that most ski areas seem sad and often unattractive in the summer. We love hiking and the outdoors, so plan to raft in the Kremmling area. We love scenic drives and interesting smaller towns. We also like to land in a place by nightfall with decent accommodations and restaurants. We're more about experiencing the immediate than spending 4 hours to reach the next destination. Unfortunately, Aspen seems a little to far. Any thoughts on Steamboat Springs and its surroundings in early fall?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 WISCONSIN
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 4 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 5 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 6 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 9 Dining in D.C.
- 10 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 11 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 14 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 15 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 16 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 17 Colorado in the summer!
- 18 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 19 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 20 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 21 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 22 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 25 Kennedy Space Center