In early September, we're spending 3 days in Rocky Mountain NP, entering from Estes Park and exiting at Granby. We've got 2 more days in the area before heading back to the final day in Denver. Steamboat Springs seems like an interesting area, but one of my concerns is that most ski areas seem sad and often unattractive in the summer. We love hiking and the outdoors, so plan to raft in the Kremmling area. We love scenic drives and interesting smaller towns. We also like to land in a place by nightfall with decent accommodations and restaurants. We're more about experiencing the immediate than spending 4 hours to reach the next destination. Unfortunately, Aspen seems a little to far. Any thoughts on Steamboat Springs and its surroundings in early fall?
View all United States activity »
- 1 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 2 San Antonio
- 3 Hotel near Public Theater
- 4 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 5 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 8 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 9 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 10 Oahu Information
- 11 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 12 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 13 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 14 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 15 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 16 Group Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Feb Trip Planning, help!
- 17 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 18 Savanah Sojourn
- 19 One day in Washington DC
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 22 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 23 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 24 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 25 RIP Judy Rogers