I will be Alaska with wife and 2 kids May 29-June8. We will be flying in to ANC and have reservations for Denali lodge, flight seeing tour of Mt. Mckinley, PWS tour, Kenai Fjords tour, and will ice climb Mt. Manuska and a brief visit to Homer. I have one free day out of ANC. I am toying with a drive to Valdez and back. Plan is to leave at 6.00 am and be back by 8 pm. While I wanted to stay at the lodge in Copper River Princess Lodge to facilitate this, the lodge is fully booked the one night I can stay there. The kids will hold up well with a drive of this duration. My motivation to do this trip is that I have heard Glenallen to Keystone Canyon is very pictureseque and do not want to miss the drive if it is as scenic as I have read. I am looking for any experience/advice as to whether Richardson Hwy is worth the effort or if between all my travels in Alaska, I will encounter just as much beauty and I will not miss much if I do not do this scenic drive. Any alternate suggestions for a 1 day drive are also welcome.
RIchardson Hwy Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Washington, DC to Boston
- 3 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 4 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 5 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 6 rain in Kauai
- 7 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 8 San Diego Trip Report
- 9 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 10 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 11 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 12 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 13 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 19 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 20 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 21 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 24 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 25 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?