We've been vacationing on Nantucket for years, but were thinking we'd try a Rhode Island beach this summer. We have young children and would love to find a beach town where they can swim (they love waves, but it does need to be swimmable), where we can walk into town to get an ice cream at night, and that has lots of safe biking or walking opportunities. One option is Block Island. Does anyone have any other recommendations that come close to the "feel" of Nantucket in terms of really nice beaches, small town, and nature walks (we can do quite happily without the lily pulitzer shops, however). If Block Island is the best fit, have folks found weekly rentals there to be less expensive than Nantucket? What about Little Compton or any of those areas? Thanks in advance for the advice!
Rhode Island beach vacation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 2 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 3 Colorado aspen updates
- 4 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 5 My Book of Mormon review
- 6 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 Car service from Oakland airport to city
- 9 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 10 Last Minute Trip to Asheville
- 11 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 12 Arches National Park in a day
- 13 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 14 JFK Airport
- 15 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 16 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 19 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 20 Marco Island
- 21 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 22 things to do near Arches National Park
- 23 Delicate Arch in Arches national park
- 24 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 25 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed