We've been vacationing on Nantucket for years, but were thinking we'd try a Rhode Island beach this summer. We have young children and would love to find a beach town where they can swim (they love waves, but it does need to be swimmable), where we can walk into town to get an ice cream at night, and that has lots of safe biking or walking opportunities. One option is Block Island. Does anyone have any other recommendations that come close to the "feel" of Nantucket in terms of really nice beaches, small town, and nature walks (we can do quite happily without the lily pulitzer shops, however). If Block Island is the best fit, have folks found weekly rentals there to be less expensive than Nantucket? What about Little Compton or any of those areas? Thanks in advance for the advice!
Rhode Island beach vacation
View all United States activity »
- 1 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 2 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 3 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 4 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 5 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 6 Biloxi questions again
- 7 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 8 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 9 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 10 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 11 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 12 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 13 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 14 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 15 San Antonio
- 16 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 17 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 18 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 19 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 20 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 21 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 22 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 23 Vero Beach FL
- 24 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 25 Question about Boulder area