We've been vacationing on Nantucket for years, but were thinking we'd try a Rhode Island beach this summer. We have young children and would love to find a beach town where they can swim (they love waves, but it does need to be swimmable), where we can walk into town to get an ice cream at night, and that has lots of safe biking or walking opportunities. One option is Block Island. Does anyone have any other recommendations that come close to the "feel" of Nantucket in terms of really nice beaches, small town, and nature walks (we can do quite happily without the lily pulitzer shops, however). If Block Island is the best fit, have folks found weekly rentals there to be less expensive than Nantucket? What about Little Compton or any of those areas? Thanks in advance for the advice!
Rhode Island beach vacation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go in Maine?
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 4 rain in Kauai
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint