We've been vacationing on Nantucket for years, but were thinking we'd try a Rhode Island beach this summer. We have young children and would love to find a beach town where they can swim (they love waves, but it does need to be swimmable), where we can walk into town to get an ice cream at night, and that has lots of safe biking or walking opportunities. One option is Block Island. Does anyone have any other recommendations that come close to the "feel" of Nantucket in terms of really nice beaches, small town, and nature walks (we can do quite happily without the lily pulitzer shops, however). If Block Island is the best fit, have folks found weekly rentals there to be less expensive than Nantucket? What about Little Compton or any of those areas? Thanks in advance for the advice!
Rhode Island beach vacation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 2 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 3 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 4 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 7 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 8 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 9 san fran sightseeing
- 10 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 11 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 12 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 13 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 14 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 15 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 16 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 17 Boston in winter?
- 18 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 19 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 22 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 23 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 24 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 25 Manhattan Marriott Property December