After having attended the Friday night art crawl in Hanapepe, on the west side of Kauai, Hawaii, our group of eight searched for a comfortable place to dine. Clearly, there are not as many restaurants on the west side of the island, as in the south or east sides. So we referred to our Fodor's guidebook and landed on a Thai restaurant minutes away in a strip mall. This was, unfortunately, a bad choice. I have eaten in many Thai restaurants prevously and have not had a bad experience. However, Toi's Thai Kitchen managed to change that. While there are not many bothersome insects in Kauai, the few that exist seemed to find their way through the open door (no air conditioning) to our table. While some of our group were being bitten, others were watching the two Gecko lizards on the ceiling directly above our table, placing bets as to whose dish they would drop into. It was safe to bet against me because the selection I ordered didn't come for the half-hour we endured these conditions. In other words, there was no plate to fall into. The server's reply to inquiries was to say each entree is prepared individually and she can't control the timing. Fortunately, my companions shared a bit of their dinners with me ( I urged them to eat instead of politely waiting until everyone was served), and since I had the dubious pleasure of sampling several things on the menu, I can verify there is nothing I tried deserving of special mention in a travel guidebook. Other than the biting insects and Geckos on the ceiling, this is not a particularly distinctive Thai restaurant.
Review of restaurant recommended by Fodor's-not positive
- 1 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 2 timeshare: good idea or no? Please help!
- 3 Exclusive Travel Club %70 off Dream Vacations
- 4 Moms and Kids Catalina Island - Mini Trip Report
- 5 Flying within the US, ID Question!
- 6 Road Trip from Tahoe to the Tetons and Yellowstone
- 7 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 8 South Dakota--last minute trip; deciding where to stay in Black Hills
- 9 Seeking recs for centrally located quality hotel in LA
- 10 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 11 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 12 Los Angeles to Santa Fe, NM: Take I-40 or I-10?
- 13 Updates from Hanalei
- 14 Tale of Two Siblings in Kauai...how did we end up in Honolulu?
- 15 Northwest Trip
- 16 Two days in Aug near Denver or Colorado Springs - suggestions?
- 17 Death Valley in November
- 18 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 19 Maui 10-night Hotel Itinerary
- 20 2nd Choice"Cute Town" betw ALB Albany Airport-Lake George-Take TWO
- 21 Fenway Park Ticket Guru's
- 22 Blue ridge parkway
- 23 Charleston Restaurant week Visit - Q's
- 24 four nights in the Finger Lakes
- 25 Western NC Zipline