At the end of June, my husband and I will be packing up the car with our tent to begin our retirement trip from Chicago to the New England states. We do not have any time constraints, so right now we are planning on being gone for about one month. We are an active mid-50's couple who enjoy the outdoors, hiking, scenic areas, some history, out of the way places, and good beer. We are planning on seeing Boston, Cape Cod and Acadia but what exactly should we see when we are there. Also, please help us in planning our visits to Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. What are the "must see" things to do while we are there? We want to see and do as much as we can!
Retirement trip - New England
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 8 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 15 Kennedy Space Center
- 16 Jersey City Parking
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 19 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 20 Asheville NC without a car
- 21 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 22 Myrtle Beach
- 23 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 24 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 25 Colorado in the summer!