At the end of June, my husband and I will be packing up the car with our tent to begin our retirement trip from Chicago to the New England states. We do not have any time constraints, so right now we are planning on being gone for about one month. We are an active mid-50's couple who enjoy the outdoors, hiking, scenic areas, some history, out of the way places, and good beer. We are planning on seeing Boston, Cape Cod and Acadia but what exactly should we see when we are there. Also, please help us in planning our visits to Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. What are the "must see" things to do while we are there? We want to see and do as much as we can!
Retirement trip - New England
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 2 united and carry-ons
- 3 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 4 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 5 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 8 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 9 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 10 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 11 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 12 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 13 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 16 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 17 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 18 Philadelphia
- 19 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 20 USA with a 3 year old
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 NYC theatre broadway
- 23 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 24 Universal studios/Orlando
- 25 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations