At the end of June, my husband and I will be packing up the car with our tent to begin our retirement trip from Chicago to the New England states. We do not have any time constraints, so right now we are planning on being gone for about one month. We are an active mid-50's couple who enjoy the outdoors, hiking, scenic areas, some history, out of the way places, and good beer. We are planning on seeing Boston, Cape Cod and Acadia but what exactly should we see when we are there. Also, please help us in planning our visits to Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. What are the "must see" things to do while we are there? We want to see and do as much as we can!
Retirement trip - New England
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 2 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 3 Savanah Sojourn
- 4 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 5 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 6 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 7 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 8 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 9 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 10 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 11 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 12 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 13 Warm and don't Drive
- 14 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 15 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 16 Rockport, MA dining?
- 17 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 18 Princeville in January
- 19 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 20 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 21 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 22 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 23 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 24 RIP Judy Rogers
- 25 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla