I am taking my mother (75), sister, daughter in law, and granddaughter (6) to New York in June. This is my granddaughter's first trip to my favorite city and she is SO excited - she's seeing Lion King one night with her mom while the rest of us are doing Book of Mormon. And she already knows she wants to go on the ferry, see Central Park, etc. I'd really like for this to be a special trip for us all but am stuck on what we should do for dinners. When I go by myself I usually am researching newer or more upscale places that I think would not be appropriate for this trip. My mom and sister are from Arizona and would love a "real NYC experience". My granddaughter is very well behaved but a pretty typical child who likes her food fairly plain (pasta, chicken, fruit, bread, salad - not spicy). I am not looking for places that have a children's menu with chicken fingers - I'm certain she will not starve! But I'd like recs for places where we'd all feel comfortable and me (as the foodie) would still enjoy as well. We are booked one night at Otto's Pizzeria - which I think will be great for all of us. Any other suggestions for places that would be child friendly, not a chain, and something we'd all remember?
Restaurant recs for family trip NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 2 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 3 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 4 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 5 united and carry-ons
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 8 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 11 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 12 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 13 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 14 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 15 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 16 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 17 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 18 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 19 Philadelphia
- 20 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 21 USA with a 3 year old
- 22 First family ski trip
- 23 NYC theatre broadway
- 24 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 25 Universal studios/Orlando