I am taking my mother (75), sister, daughter in law, and granddaughter (6) to New York in June. This is my granddaughter's first trip to my favorite city and she is SO excited - she's seeing Lion King one night with her mom while the rest of us are doing Book of Mormon. And she already knows she wants to go on the ferry, see Central Park, etc. I'd really like for this to be a special trip for us all but am stuck on what we should do for dinners. When I go by myself I usually am researching newer or more upscale places that I think would not be appropriate for this trip. My mom and sister are from Arizona and would love a "real NYC experience". My granddaughter is very well behaved but a pretty typical child who likes her food fairly plain (pasta, chicken, fruit, bread, salad - not spicy). I am not looking for places that have a children's menu with chicken fingers - I'm certain she will not starve! But I'd like recs for places where we'd all feel comfortable and me (as the foodie) would still enjoy as well. We are booked one night at Otto's Pizzeria - which I think will be great for all of us. Any other suggestions for places that would be child friendly, not a chain, and something we'd all remember?
Restaurant recs for family trip NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 2 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 3 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 4 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 10 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 11 Brooklyn why?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 14 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 15 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 16 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 17 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 22 Maui vacation
- 23 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 24 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 25 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help