I am taking my mother (75), sister, daughter in law, and granddaughter (6) to New York in June. This is my granddaughter's first trip to my favorite city and she is SO excited - she's seeing Lion King one night with her mom while the rest of us are doing Book of Mormon. And she already knows she wants to go on the ferry, see Central Park, etc. I'd really like for this to be a special trip for us all but am stuck on what we should do for dinners. When I go by myself I usually am researching newer or more upscale places that I think would not be appropriate for this trip. My mom and sister are from Arizona and would love a "real NYC experience". My granddaughter is very well behaved but a pretty typical child who likes her food fairly plain (pasta, chicken, fruit, bread, salad - not spicy). I am not looking for places that have a children's menu with chicken fingers - I'm certain she will not starve! But I'd like recs for places where we'd all feel comfortable and me (as the foodie) would still enjoy as well. We are booked one night at Otto's Pizzeria - which I think will be great for all of us. Any other suggestions for places that would be child friendly, not a chain, and something we'd all remember?
Restaurant recs for family trip NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 2 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 3 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 6 New England in the fall
- 7 NYC Clubs for live music
- 8 relocating travel
- 9 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 10 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 11 Seattle Hyatts
- 12 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 13 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 14 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 15 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 16 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 17 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 18 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 19 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 20 Help with Wisconsin Dells Trip Plan
- 21 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 22 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 23 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 24 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 25 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?