I am taking my mother (75), sister, daughter in law, and granddaughter (6) to New York in June. This is my granddaughter's first trip to my favorite city and she is SO excited - she's seeing Lion King one night with her mom while the rest of us are doing Book of Mormon. And she already knows she wants to go on the ferry, see Central Park, etc. I'd really like for this to be a special trip for us all but am stuck on what we should do for dinners. When I go by myself I usually am researching newer or more upscale places that I think would not be appropriate for this trip. My mom and sister are from Arizona and would love a "real NYC experience". My granddaughter is very well behaved but a pretty typical child who likes her food fairly plain (pasta, chicken, fruit, bread, salad - not spicy). I am not looking for places that have a children's menu with chicken fingers - I'm certain she will not starve! But I'd like recs for places where we'd all feel comfortable and me (as the foodie) would still enjoy as well. We are booked one night at Otto's Pizzeria - which I think will be great for all of us. Any other suggestions for places that would be child friendly, not a chain, and something we'd all remember?
Restaurant recs for family trip NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 4 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 5 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 6 Brooklyn why?
- 7 Timeshare Nightmares
- 8 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 9 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 10 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 11 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 12 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 13 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 14 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 15 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 20 10 day trip to California
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Rafting near Denali
- 25 New York City Restaurants