I am taking my mother (75), sister, daughter in law, and granddaughter (6) to New York in June. This is my granddaughter's first trip to my favorite city and she is SO excited - she's seeing Lion King one night with her mom while the rest of us are doing Book of Mormon. And she already knows she wants to go on the ferry, see Central Park, etc. I'd really like for this to be a special trip for us all but am stuck on what we should do for dinners. When I go by myself I usually am researching newer or more upscale places that I think would not be appropriate for this trip. My mom and sister are from Arizona and would love a "real NYC experience". My granddaughter is very well behaved but a pretty typical child who likes her food fairly plain (pasta, chicken, fruit, bread, salad - not spicy). I am not looking for places that have a children's menu with chicken fingers - I'm certain she will not starve! But I'd like recs for places where we'd all feel comfortable and me (as the foodie) would still enjoy as well. We are booked one night at Otto's Pizzeria - which I think will be great for all of us. Any other suggestions for places that would be child friendly, not a chain, and something we'd all remember?
Restaurant recs for family trip NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 new york subway help please
- 2 NYC hotel/July
- 3 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 4 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 5 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 6 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 7 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 8 NYC with my 13 year old
- 9 Las Vegas must sees
- 10 Girls' Getaway
- 11 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 12 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 13 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 14 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 15 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 16 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 17 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 18 Florida SunPass mini-transponder
- 19 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 20 California: Getty museum
- 21 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 22 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 23 DC - WW2 flyover
- 24 Boston to see Sargent works
- 25 pro sports in new york in may