My husband and our son are running a half marathon next month at Charleston. We will be there few days before the event and staying there few more days after the event ( total 6 days). We are considering renting a car at least for 24 hours so, I can cheer them along their route and pick them up at the finish line ( North Charleston ), but, I wonder if we should rent a car longer than one day, ie. over the entire weekend. We are staying at the French Quarter Inn and was told it costs $17 a night to park there. Is there a shuttle service to visit a plantation? Is so, how much? I am trying figure out which way is cheaper to go. I am assuming most of activities would be in downtown and don't require a car to get there. Your suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Renting a car during our stay in Charleston, SC in Jan 2012
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 3 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 4 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 5 A Visit to Charleston
- 6 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 7 Best Marriott Hotels in Hawai?
- 8 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 9 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 10 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 11 D.C. in a day
- 12 San FRancisco Apt Location - Comments, pls
- 13 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 14 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 15 How similar are the San Juan Islands and the Tofino area of B.C.?
- 16 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 17 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 18 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 19 DC with Kids Trip Report
- 20 Using public transit in San Diego
- 21 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 22 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 23 Erie Canal - Finger Lakes Region - Day Trip?
- 24 Wisconsin Dells with teenagers
- 25 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles