My husband and our son are running a half marathon next month at Charleston. We will be there few days before the event and staying there few more days after the event ( total 6 days). We are considering renting a car at least for 24 hours so, I can cheer them along their route and pick them up at the finish line ( North Charleston ), but, I wonder if we should rent a car longer than one day, ie. over the entire weekend. We are staying at the French Quarter Inn and was told it costs $17 a night to park there. Is there a shuttle service to visit a plantation? Is so, how much? I am trying figure out which way is cheaper to go. I am assuming most of activities would be in downtown and don't require a car to get there. Your suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Renting a car during our stay in Charleston, SC in Jan 2012
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go in Maine?
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 4 rain in Kauai
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint