My husband and our son are running a half marathon next month at Charleston. We will be there few days before the event and staying there few more days after the event ( total 6 days). We are considering renting a car at least for 24 hours so, I can cheer them along their route and pick them up at the finish line ( North Charleston ), but, I wonder if we should rent a car longer than one day, ie. over the entire weekend. We are staying at the French Quarter Inn and was told it costs $17 a night to park there. Is there a shuttle service to visit a plantation? Is so, how much? I am trying figure out which way is cheaper to go. I am assuming most of activities would be in downtown and don't require a car to get there. Your suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Renting a car during our stay in Charleston, SC in Jan 2012
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle