My husband and our son are running a half marathon next month at Charleston. We will be there few days before the event and staying there few more days after the event ( total 6 days). We are considering renting a car at least for 24 hours so, I can cheer them along their route and pick them up at the finish line ( North Charleston ), but, I wonder if we should rent a car longer than one day, ie. over the entire weekend. We are staying at the French Quarter Inn and was told it costs $17 a night to park there. Is there a shuttle service to visit a plantation? Is so, how much? I am trying figure out which way is cheaper to go. I am assuming most of activities would be in downtown and don't require a car to get there. Your suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Renting a car during our stay in Charleston, SC in Jan 2012
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 3 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 4 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 5 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 6 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 7 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 8 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 9 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 California road trip
- 13 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 14 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 15 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 16 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 17 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 18 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 19 Yosemite Fire
- 20 Lodging - Yosemite
- 21 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 22 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 23 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 24 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 25 An RV trip along the coast