My husband and our son are running a half marathon next month at Charleston. We will be there few days before the event and staying there few more days after the event ( total 6 days). We are considering renting a car at least for 24 hours so, I can cheer them along their route and pick them up at the finish line ( North Charleston ), but, I wonder if we should rent a car longer than one day, ie. over the entire weekend. We are staying at the French Quarter Inn and was told it costs $17 a night to park there. Is there a shuttle service to visit a plantation? Is so, how much? I am trying figure out which way is cheaper to go. I am assuming most of activities would be in downtown and don't require a car to get there. Your suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Renting a car during our stay in Charleston, SC in Jan 2012
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 2 Florida St George's Island
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 5 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 6 Washington DC in Spring?
- 7 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 8 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 11 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 12 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 13 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 14 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 15 Weekend in NYC
- 16 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 17 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 18 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 19 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 20 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 21 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 22 Breckenridge in October
- 23 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 24 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 25 Richmond highlights?