My husband and our son are running a half marathon next month at Charleston. We will be there few days before the event and staying there few more days after the event ( total 6 days). We are considering renting a car at least for 24 hours so, I can cheer them along their route and pick them up at the finish line ( North Charleston ), but, I wonder if we should rent a car longer than one day, ie. over the entire weekend. We are staying at the French Quarter Inn and was told it costs $17 a night to park there. Is there a shuttle service to visit a plantation? Is so, how much? I am trying figure out which way is cheaper to go. I am assuming most of activities would be in downtown and don't require a car to get there. Your suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Renting a car during our stay in Charleston, SC in Jan 2012
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 2 California & French Polynesia
- 3 New Orleans November 2014- Trip Report
- 4 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 5 A Student’s Perspective of Philadelphia and Washington DC:
- 6 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 7 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 8 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 9 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 New York city--best time to visit??
- 12 Fun weekend in NYC, including a GTG
- 13 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 14 Maui Luau?
- 15 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 18 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 19 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 20 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Boston area -- nature
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 25 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?