I have to travel to New York for a wedding (which is really in Connecticut) in August. My flight arrives at 6:30 AM at JFK and I need to have a car to get around for the wedding. I checked the rentals at JFK and almost all the major companies I could think of have an economy or sub-compact for $100 or more per day! This usually costs $20-40 per day.
While I can imagine renting space at JFK must be expensive, this seemed tad high to me. Can you recommend cheaper options please? I don't mind an hours commute each way if it saves me a few hundred dollars!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for New York
- 2 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 3 No Spam this morning!!
- 4 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 5 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 6 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 7 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 8 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 9 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 10 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 11 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 12 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 13 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 14 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 15 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 16 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 17 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 18 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 19 Help us choose a hotel
- 20 Honeymoon on PCH
- 21 Magic Show
- 22 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 23 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 24 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 25 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017