I have to travel to New York for a wedding (which is really in Connecticut) in August. My flight arrives at 6:30 AM at JFK and I need to have a car to get around for the wedding. I checked the rentals at JFK and almost all the major companies I could think of have an economy or sub-compact for $100 or more per day! This usually costs $20-40 per day.
While I can imagine renting space at JFK must be expensive, this seemed tad high to me. Can you recommend cheaper options please? I don't mind an hours commute each way if it saves me a few hundred dollars!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 2 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 3 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 4 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 5 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 6 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 7 DC restaurant report
- 8 Neue Galerie
- 9 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 10 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 11 Arizona in winter
- 12 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 13 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 14 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 15 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 16 Arizona in late January
- 17 A Few Days in Asheville
- 18 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 19 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 20 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 21 Key West
- 22 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 23 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 24 moving to Florida
- 25 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!