My husband, our two toddlers (3 &1) and myself are thinking about relocating to Florida. We are originally from North Dakota and are done done with the weather here. We will not be moving unless we have found jobs first, that being said; Right now we are working on doing research about what places are the best to raise our family. My husband is a CPA (auditor, accountant and economist) and I will soon be an Occupational Therapist. We are planning to move by the beginning of the next year. Our Oldest child will be close to 5 yrs old and starting kinder-garden. We are looking for a low(er) crime rate, healthy environment to raise a family, churches, a city (or town) big enough to have everything (or enough) that a bigger city would have, also low(er) illegal immigration if possible (not such a big deal) and good, very good schools. These are the places we are thinking of:
North Fort Myers
We looked at all the cities in Florida and these are the only ones we would consider. We now need to see which of these rank best and why. Financially we are good. So that is not a problem. We are also looking at being on the golf side as you can tell by the cities we have chosen. Any suggestions and help on these places would be so appreciate it!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buying a home in NJ - need advice from locals thank you!
- 2 Quick road trip
- 3 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 4 Miami for 2 days
- 5 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 6 Oregon Coast road trip
- 7 More problems for Big Sur
- 8 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 9 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 10 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 11 Great Falls or Helena?
- 12 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 13 Boston area hotels
- 14 Santa Fe Itineray
- 15 How much cash do you travel with?
- 16 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 17 Newark Intl Airport-Long Term Parking
- 18 Atlanta to Orange Beach, AL
- 19 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 20 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 21 Visiting Parks by Car (SD, WY, CO)
- 22 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 23 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?
- 24 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 25 AZ, UT, CO - urgent only 1 day to plan!