My husband and two kids (7 and 4) are planning a week-long driving tour from our home in Portland, Oregon in early August. We'd like to travel far enough south to see the redwoods in Northern California, then travel up the coast as far as Newport, Oregon, then home.
We'd like to do the BIG driving over the course of two days, then stick to short-ish (2-3-hour) hops for the rest of the trip.
I'm ashamed to admit, though, that I have no idea of where to start. I know we'd like to see Bandon and the Oregon Dunes, but the California part of the trip absolutely stumps me.
So! I'd love to get opinions about the best route, the best places to stay, the off-the-beaten-path must-sees along the way, good eats, etc. Thanks for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 (US)YAHOO PASSWORD RECOVERY CONTACT ☎ 1-888-482-3831 Technical CAre
- 2 YAHOO PASSWORD RECOVERY CONTACT 1-800-982-8520 TECHNICAL CAre
- 3 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 4 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
- 5 Myrtle beach
- 6 "Fitness" vacations
- 7 Orlando area weather in June
- 8 Brief Savannah Trip--Brief Savannah Trip Report
- 9 Help with Northwest Trip
- 10 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 11 HELP FOR ITINERARY
- 12 Miami or New Orleans for 3 days in mid December
- 13 Andaman and Nicobar Islands of South India
- 14 Transit Advisory - NY Penn Station - Amtrak track work Ju;y 10 thru
- 15 Boston Food Tour
- 16 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 17 Help plan my trip please
- 18 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 19 One day for Mt. Rainier
- 20 1st road trip Cincinnati to Beauford, SC
- 21 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 22 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 23 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 24 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 25 3 month cheap rent in New York City