My husband and two kids (7 and 4) are planning a week-long driving tour from our home in Portland, Oregon in early August. We'd like to travel far enough south to see the redwoods in Northern California, then travel up the coast as far as Newport, Oregon, then home.
We'd like to do the BIG driving over the course of two days, then stick to short-ish (2-3-hour) hops for the rest of the trip.
I'm ashamed to admit, though, that I have no idea of where to start. I know we'd like to see Bandon and the Oregon Dunes, but the California part of the trip absolutely stumps me.
So! I'd love to get opinions about the best route, the best places to stay, the off-the-beaten-path must-sees along the way, good eats, etc. Thanks for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementgives.com/male-x-pro/
- 2 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 3 http://www.mysupplementsera.com/testx-core/
- 4 Flux Event & Wedding Catering Redondo Beach
- 5 http://phytolyft.com/neurofuse-enhance/
- 6 Roadtrip July 2017
- 7 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 8 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 9 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 10 RIP Rob Stewart/Sharkwater
- 11 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 12 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 13 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 14 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 15 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 16 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 17 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 18 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 19 Restaurant suggestion in Venice, Fl
- 20 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 21 Retiring to Tucson
- 22 10 days vacation in California
- 23 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 24 Naples Hotel and Everglades
- 25 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?