My husband and two kids (7 and 4) are planning a week-long driving tour from our home in Portland, Oregon in early August. We'd like to travel far enough south to see the redwoods in Northern California, then travel up the coast as far as Newport, Oregon, then home.
We'd like to do the BIG driving over the course of two days, then stick to short-ish (2-3-hour) hops for the rest of the trip.
I'm ashamed to admit, though, that I have no idea of where to start. I know we'd like to see Bandon and the Oregon Dunes, but the California part of the trip absolutely stumps me.
So! I'd love to get opinions about the best route, the best places to stay, the off-the-beaten-path must-sees along the way, good eats, etc. Thanks for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://fitnessbiotics.com/hl12-supplement-reviews/
- 2 http://fitnessbiotics.com/hl12-supplement-reviews/
- 3 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 4 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 5 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 6 Key West luxury hotels
- 7 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 8 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 9 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 10 I95
- 11 Florida keys trip
- 12 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 13 Wine Country
- 14 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 15 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 16 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 17 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 18 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 19 Nashville Never Been
- 20 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 21 Where to stay 3 nights Big Island Jan 29-Feb 1
- 22 Florida beach vacation
- 23 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 24 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 25 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago