My husband and two kids (7 and 4) are planning a week-long driving tour from our home in Portland, Oregon in early August. We'd like to travel far enough south to see the redwoods in Northern California, then travel up the coast as far as Newport, Oregon, then home.
We'd like to do the BIG driving over the course of two days, then stick to short-ish (2-3-hour) hops for the rest of the trip.
I'm ashamed to admit, though, that I have no idea of where to start. I know we'd like to see Bandon and the Oregon Dunes, but the California part of the trip absolutely stumps me.
So! I'd love to get opinions about the best route, the best places to stay, the off-the-beaten-path must-sees along the way, good eats, etc. Thanks for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://supplementforehealthy.com/suisse-skin-anti-aging-serum/
- 2 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 3 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 4 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 5 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 6 Sonoma
- 7 Northwest Passage
- 8 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 9 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 10 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 11 Alaska cruise
- 12 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 13 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 14 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 15 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 16 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 17 101 closure
- 18 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 19 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 20 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 21 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 22 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 23 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments