We will be in GNP 6/22 - 6/29 staying at Many Glacier Hotel. We will have a rental car. My question to those who have done this before is: Is is preferable to take a red bus tour of GTTS and Logan pass, etc.? or should we drive ourselves? I hate to have husband drive and miss some of the scenery---and was all ready to make a reservation on a red bus---but have read different opinions on this. The red bus tour out of Many Glacier is very long---6 - 8 hrs. Somebody commented that driving yourself in glacier is very easy-----but might we miss the commentary and info that we would hear on a tour? I value your opinions---make most of my plans based on your experiences.
red bus tour vs. driving yourself in GNP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 2 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 3 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 4 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 5 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 6 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 7 Colorado trip
- 8 Cape cod and Acadia
- 9 First visit in New Mexico
- 10 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 11 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 12 Maine in latter half of September
- 13 Grand Marais?
- 14 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 15 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 16 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 17 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 18 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 19 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 20 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 21 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 22 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 23 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 24 Grand Teton in October
- 25 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget