We will be in GNP 6/22 - 6/29 staying at Many Glacier Hotel. We will have a rental car. My question to those who have done this before is: Is is preferable to take a red bus tour of GTTS and Logan pass, etc.? or should we drive ourselves? I hate to have husband drive and miss some of the scenery---and was all ready to make a reservation on a red bus---but have read different opinions on this. The red bus tour out of Many Glacier is very long---6 - 8 hrs. Somebody commented that driving yourself in glacier is very easy-----but might we miss the commentary and info that we would hear on a tour? I value your opinions---make most of my plans based on your experiences.
red bus tour vs. driving yourself in GNP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cost of living in Incline Village NV
- 2 Maine Road Trip for fall foliage and moose sightings
- 3 Monterey and Napa
- 4 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 5 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 6 Breckenridge in October
- 7 LA to SF via Yosemite- help with itinerary
- 8 Public transportation SLC to Marriott City Creek?
- 9 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 10 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 11 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 12 East Coast in December
- 13 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 14 New England in the fall
- 15 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 16 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 17 N California trip questions
- 18 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 19 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 20 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 21 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 22 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 23 Looking for Next Destination
- 24 Worst Restaurants in America
- 25 Boston: Hamersly's closing