We will be in GNP 6/22 - 6/29 staying at Many Glacier Hotel. We will have a rental car. My question to those who have done this before is: Is is preferable to take a red bus tour of GTTS and Logan pass, etc.? or should we drive ourselves? I hate to have husband drive and miss some of the scenery---and was all ready to make a reservation on a red bus---but have read different opinions on this. The red bus tour out of Many Glacier is very long---6 - 8 hrs. Somebody commented that driving yourself in glacier is very easy-----but might we miss the commentary and info that we would hear on a tour? I value your opinions---make most of my plans based on your experiences.
red bus tour vs. driving yourself in GNP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 2 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 3 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 4 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 5 USA trip
- 6 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 7 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 8 Cape Cod in October
- 9 Air Connections on Maui
- 10 Theater Historians
- 11 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 14 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 15 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 16 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 17 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 18 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 19 Getaway
- 20 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 21 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 22 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 23 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 24 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 25 Boston hotel & transportation