We will be in GNP 6/22 - 6/29 staying at Many Glacier Hotel. We will have a rental car. My question to those who have done this before is: Is is preferable to take a red bus tour of GTTS and Logan pass, etc.? or should we drive ourselves? I hate to have husband drive and miss some of the scenery---and was all ready to make a reservation on a red bus---but have read different opinions on this. The red bus tour out of Many Glacier is very long---6 - 8 hrs. Somebody commented that driving yourself in glacier is very easy-----but might we miss the commentary and info that we would hear on a tour? I value your opinions---make most of my plans based on your experiences.
red bus tour vs. driving yourself in GNP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 2 Hotel near Miami airport
- 3 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 4 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 5 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 6 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 7 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 8 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 9 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 10 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 11 moving to florida
- 12 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 13 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 14 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 15 Our perfect day in Key West
- 16 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 17 culpepper
- 18 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 19 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 20 Road Trip SW
- 21 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 22 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 23 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 24 Mesa Verde
- 25 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?