We will be in GNP 6/22 - 6/29 staying at Many Glacier Hotel. We will have a rental car. My question to those who have done this before is: Is is preferable to take a red bus tour of GTTS and Logan pass, etc.? or should we drive ourselves? I hate to have husband drive and miss some of the scenery---and was all ready to make a reservation on a red bus---but have read different opinions on this. The red bus tour out of Many Glacier is very long---6 - 8 hrs. Somebody commented that driving yourself in glacier is very easy-----but might we miss the commentary and info that we would hear on a tour? I value your opinions---make most of my plans based on your experiences.
red bus tour vs. driving yourself in GNP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 Northwest USA
- 3 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 4 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 5 Self guided White House tour
- 6 Central Coast-California
- 7 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 8 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 9 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 10 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 11 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 12 Moving to CT
- 13 Hotels Philly
- 14 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 15 Ackislander
- 16 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 17 san diego or nearby area
- 18 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 19 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 20 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 21 LA for a day and a half
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 24 Texas
- 25 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal