We will be in GNP 6/22 - 6/29 staying at Many Glacier Hotel. We will have a rental car. My question to those who have done this before is: Is is preferable to take a red bus tour of GTTS and Logan pass, etc.? or should we drive ourselves? I hate to have husband drive and miss some of the scenery---and was all ready to make a reservation on a red bus---but have read different opinions on this. The red bus tour out of Many Glacier is very long---6 - 8 hrs. Somebody commented that driving yourself in glacier is very easy-----but might we miss the commentary and info that we would hear on a tour? I value your opinions---make most of my plans based on your experiences.
red bus tour vs. driving yourself in GNP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 2 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 3 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 4 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 5 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 6 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 7 Washington DC in Spring?
- 8 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 9 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 10 trains in Europe
- 11 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 12 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 13 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 14 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 15 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 16 NBA tickets??
- 17 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 18 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 19 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 20 Alaskan coast travel options
- 21 USA trip
- 22 Timeshare Nightmares
- 23 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 24 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 25 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!