We will be in GNP 6/22 - 6/29 staying at Many Glacier Hotel. We will have a rental car. My question to those who have done this before is: Is is preferable to take a red bus tour of GTTS and Logan pass, etc.? or should we drive ourselves? I hate to have husband drive and miss some of the scenery---and was all ready to make a reservation on a red bus---but have read different opinions on this. The red bus tour out of Many Glacier is very long---6 - 8 hrs. Somebody commented that driving yourself in glacier is very easy-----but might we miss the commentary and info that we would hear on a tour? I value your opinions---make most of my plans based on your experiences.
red bus tour vs. driving yourself in GNP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West Coast Bound End of March
- 2 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 3 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 4 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 5 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 6 Oahu ideas
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 9 Key Largo, FL
- 10 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 11 Death Valley in June
- 12 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 13 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 14 San Diego grocery stores
- 15 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 18 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 19 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 20 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 21 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 22 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 23 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 24 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 25 Roadtrip Across the Country