We will be in GNP 6/22 - 6/29 staying at Many Glacier Hotel. We will have a rental car. My question to those who have done this before is: Is is preferable to take a red bus tour of GTTS and Logan pass, etc.? or should we drive ourselves? I hate to have husband drive and miss some of the scenery---and was all ready to make a reservation on a red bus---but have read different opinions on this. The red bus tour out of Many Glacier is very long---6 - 8 hrs. Somebody commented that driving yourself in glacier is very easy-----but might we miss the commentary and info that we would hear on a tour? I value your opinions---make most of my plans based on your experiences.
red bus tour vs. driving yourself in GNP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 2 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 3 Sea world San Diego
- 4 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 5 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 6 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 7 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 8 Berkshires
- 9 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 10 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 11 Montana- what are must see places?
- 12 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 13 Clearwater visit.
- 14 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 15 Hawaii is still Hell
- 16 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 17 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 18 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 19 Spring Break in Charleston
- 20 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 21 Charleston Airport Hotel
- 22 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 23 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 24 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 25 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park