My hubby and I from California are taking my niece on a college tour trip in Michigan from July 21-31. We will be in Grand Rapids near a weekend and because we are unable to visit colleges on a weekend we will be taking a break for some fun! Any suggestions for beach- hiking within two hours driving of Grand Rapids. Our stop after the weekend is Kalamazoo. A small village on the Lake or hiking in a state park would be fine.
Recreation- beach or hiking near Grand Rapids?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel West Coast
- 2 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 3 Where to go in Maine?
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 6 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 12 Rafting near Denali
- 13 Colorado in the summer!
- 14 Kennebunkport and....?
- 15 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 16 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 17 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 18 WISCONSIN
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 New York City Restaurants