Hubby and I are planning a (first) trip to San Francisco in mid-March 2012. We are flying into SFO and staying at the Marriott Marquis. Based on other Fodorite posts we plan to take BART from the airport to our hotel. Since it sounds like Muni public transport is plentiful (and includes the cable cars) we don't want to rent a car (not to mention $18+ per day for parking at the hotel just seems like a waste). We have already pre-purchased tickets to an evening Alcatraz tour but that's all we've officially planned so far. I'm sure we will do plenty of sightseeing on foot and of course plan to do the bridges and cable cars. However, I was wondering if anyone could personally recommend a tour company that would take us on a scenic drive into Napa and/or Sonoma for a wine country day-trip? I've found several tours through google, but prefer to get firsthand recommendations when possible. Any other SF tips are much appreciated as well!
Recommendations for wine tour from San Francisco in March
View all United States activity »
- 1 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 2 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 3 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 4 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 5 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 6 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 7 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 8 Vero Beach FL
- 9 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 10 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 11 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 12 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 13 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 14 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 17 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 18 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 19 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 20 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 21 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 22 Question about Boulder area
- 23 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 24 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?