Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 sugestions
- 2 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 3 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 4 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 5 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 6 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 7 Rules of the NY Subway
- 8 Big Sur Help!!
- 9 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 10 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 11 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 12 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 13 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 14 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 15 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 16 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 17 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 18 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 19 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 20 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 21 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 22 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 23 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 24 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 25 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
Hi all Fodorites,