Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 2 Napa Valley Hotel
- 3 Niagara Falls.
- 4 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 5 A day in Boston
- 6 Trip Starting from New York
- 7 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 8 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 9 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 10 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 11 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 12 Nilichik Ak.
- 13 public transportation to and from Freedom Trail from cruiseport
- 14 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 15 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 16 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 17 Looking for info on visiting the John Day Fossil Beds NM in Oregon
- 18 Phone SIM
- 19 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 20 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 21 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 22 New England Canada Road Trip
- 23 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 24 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 25 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
Hi all Fodorites,