Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 2 Santa Fe Itineray
- 3 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 4 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 5 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 6 Boston to Naples florida
- 7 Hotel in Reno
- 8 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 9 Retiring to Tucson
- 10 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 11 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 12 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 13 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 14 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 15 Trinity Site, NM
- 16 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 17 North Carolina airports
- 18 best health clubs with lap pools
- 19 10 days vacation in California
- 20 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 21 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 22 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 23 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 24 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 25 Luxury hotel in Charleston
Hi all Fodorites,