Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mac Photo Recovery Tool
- 2 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 3 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 4 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 5 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 6 Help me with this
- 7 NYC For The Day
- 8 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in August
- 9 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 10 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 11 JFK Terminal 8
- 12 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 13 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 14 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 15 California Trip
- 16 Atlanta With Toddler
- 17 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 18 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 19 Atlanta airport to Marietta, GA traffic
- 20 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 21 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 22 AR State Parks
- 23 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 24 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 25 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
Hi all Fodorites,