Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recommendations for beaches south of LA?
Hi all Fodorites,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 2 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 3 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 4 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 5 California coast: April
- 6 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 7 A Week in Seattle & the Pacific NW
- 8 Where to Stay in Boston Without Taking Out a Mortgage ...
- 9 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 10 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 11 Road Trip
- 12 Whale watching
- 13 New York Yankee Station
- 14 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 15 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 16 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 17 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 18 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 19 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 20 September trip to Michigan
- 21 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 22 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 23 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 25 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY