Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 2 Berkshires with a toddler
- 3 10 days in Arizona
- 4 Vegas/California May 2016
- 5 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 6 Traveling to NYC - staying over Thanksgiving
- 7 flumin the ditch
- 8 Solo in Hawaii
- 9 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 10 hilicopter tour oahu
- 11 8 hour layover at DFW
- 12 Parking fine
- 13 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 14 4 days in San Diego in october
- 15 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 16 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 17 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 18 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 19 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 20 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 21 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 22 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 23 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 24 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 25 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
Hi all Fodorites,