Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 9 am - 5pm layover LAX - what to do?
- 2 Intimate Destination Wedding location help
- 3 Driving to Minnesota from Jacksonville fl help
- 4 Florida Keys
- 5 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 6 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 7 Moving soon (blindly!) and would love suggestions
- 8 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 9 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 10 Hawaii
- 11 Moving to a new state
- 12 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 13 Toying with Maine/Vermont road trip
- 14 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 15 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 16 How many states have you been to?
- 17 Kauai planning help
- 18 travel to Oahu (waikiki)
- 19 Day trip to the North Shore Kauai
- 20 Fine dining in South shore area of Kauai
- 21 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 22 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 23 USA, Trip to the south
- 24 Ferry info
- 25 Italian Food, Palm Desert
Hi all Fodorites,