Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 2 Farewell from Ira
- 3 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 4 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 5 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 6 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 7 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 8 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 9 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 10 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 11 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 12 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 13 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 14 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 15 Pacific coast road trip
- 16 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 17 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 18 chicago to hibbing
- 19 Arlington Hotels
- 20 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 21 Cabin rental in march
- 22 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 23 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 24 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 25 Restaurants close to King's Station?
Hi all Fodorites,