Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recommendations for beaches south of LA?
Hi all Fodorites,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 2 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 3 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 4 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 5 Road Trip SW
- 6 Connecticut River Byway
- 7 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 8 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 9 San Diego farmer's markets
- 10 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 11 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 12 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 13 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 14 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 15 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 16 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 17 drive from SF to crater lake
- 18 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 19 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 20 moving to florida
- 21 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 22 Hotel near Miami airport
- 23 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 24 Santa Barbara, California
- 25 Alaska Local Knowledge Request