Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recommendations for beaches south of LA?
Hi all Fodorites,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 2 Hawaii is still Hell
- 3 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 4 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 5 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 6 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 7 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 8 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 9 Spring Break in Charleston
- 10 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 11 Charleston Airport Hotel
- 12 Berkshires
- 13 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 14 Sea world San Diego
- 15 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 16 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 17 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 18 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 19 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 20 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 21 Las Vegas in March
- 22 Just started to plan my Mid-March visit to Alaska!
- 23 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 24 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 25 Clearwater visit.