Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recommendations for beaches south of LA?
Hi all Fodorites,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 Self guided White House tour
- 3 Los Angeles day trips
- 4 middlebury vt snow
- 5 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 6 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 7 Northwest USA
- 8 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 9 LA for a day and a half
- 10 Texas
- 11 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 12 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 13 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 14 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 15 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 16 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 17 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 18 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 19 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 20 Moving to CT
- 21 Hotels Philly
- 22 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 23 Ackislander
- 24 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 25 san diego or nearby area