Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recommendations for beaches south of LA?
Hi all Fodorites,
- 1 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 2 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 3 Question about Boulder area
- 4 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 5 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 6 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 7 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 8 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 9 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 10 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 11 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 12 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 13 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 14 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 15 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 18 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 19 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 20 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 21 Biloxi questions again
- 22 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 23 Madison Square Garden
- 24 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 25 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England