Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 2 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 3 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 4 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 5 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 6 Downtown Denver hotel
- 7 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 8 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 9 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 10 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 11 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 12 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 13 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 14 San Diego VRBO area
- 15 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 16 Glacier National Park 2018
- 17 Muir Woods in October
- 18 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 19 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 20 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 21 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 22 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 23 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 24 Colorado Shows Off
- 25 New England Tour
Hi all Fodorites,