Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 2 If you could have one meal in Vegas, what would it be?
- 3 Day Trip Reports? May/June
- 4 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 5 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 6 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 7 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 8 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 9 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 10 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 11 A quick trip to New Orleans - Dec 2010
- 12 large suitcase as carry-on on amtrak train
- 13 First Trip to New Orleans
- 14 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 15 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 16 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 17 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 18 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 19 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 20 Michigan advice needed
- 21 Nova Star
- 22 One day in Dallas
- 23 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 24 Quick trip intp Manhattan from JFK
- 25 Yellowstone in the Winter
Hi all Fodorites,