Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recommendations for beaches south of LA?
Hi all Fodorites,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 2 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 3 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 6 Washington DC in Spring?
- 7 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 8 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 9 Broadway this week
- 10 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 11 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 New York, New York...
- 14 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 15 trains in Europe
- 16 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 17 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 18 USA trip
- 19 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 20 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 21 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 22 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 23 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 24 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 25 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???