Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recommendations for beaches south of LA?
Hi all Fodorites,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 2 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 3 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 4 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 5 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 6 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 7 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 8 Tipping advice
- 9 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 12 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 13 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 15 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 16 Key West Hotel in January
- 17 los angeles restaurants
- 18 West Maui Restaurants
- 19 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 20 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 21 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 22 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 23 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 24 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 25 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15