Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 2 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 3 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 4 Florida Beach Hotel
- 5 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 6 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 7 Inn at Cocoa Beach Hotel
- 8 Alaska independent tour for group
- 9 Hamilton Broadway
- 10 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 11 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 12 Washington DC with kids
- 13 My road trip through southern US.
- 14 Late night eating in Kauai
- 15 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 16 Florida Nature Trip
- 17 help from a true New Yorker.
- 18 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 19 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 20 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 21 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 22 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 23 Safety Concerns
- 24 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 25 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
Hi all Fodorites,