Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HELP with ITINERARY for trip to Carmell/Central Coast with kids
- 2 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 3 Road Trip
- 4 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 5 Martha's Vineyard with the in-laws
- 6 Trailing of the Sheep Festival
- 7 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 8 Does anyone know the hotel in Maui...
- 9 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 10 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 11 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 12 Vegas Where to Start
- 13 Ticket to Matilda on 7/16, NYC
- 14 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 15 June 2015 Trip to Oregon
- 16 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 17 Yellowstone June 2014
- 18 2 months in Hawaii!
- 19 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 20 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 21 NEEDED: Travel Agent for Honeymoon in Hawaii
- 22 Horseback riding in Waipio Valley
- 23 Road trip from DC to NYC--help with itinerary?
- 24 Annapolis to Boston
- 25 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
Hi all Fodorites,