Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Once done, add each of HL12 Supplement food
- 2 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 3 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 4 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 5 Back from the Big Easy
- 6 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 7 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 8 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 9 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 10 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 11 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 12 IAH to HOU Questions
- 13 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 14 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 15 Jazzfest side trips
- 16 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 17 March in New Mexico
- 18 No Spam this morning!!
- 19 San Francisco transit options
- 20 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion
- 21 Ideas for New York
- 22 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 23 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 24 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 25 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
Hi all Fodorites,