Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.tenedonlineshop.com/derma-vibrance/
- 2 Derma Vibrance Skin Serum
- 3 http://newhealthsupplement.com/exoslim/
- 4 International transferring planes at CDG
- 5 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 6 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 7 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 8 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 9 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 10 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 11 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 12 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 13 blue ridge parkway?
- 14 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 15 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 16 San Diego, mission valley
- 17 First Trip to New Mexico
- 18 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 19 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 20 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 21 November redwoods trip
- 22 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 23 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 24 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 25 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
Hi all Fodorites,