Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 2 Relocating to the Deep South
- 3 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 4 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 5 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 6 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 7 Budget NYC hotel
- 8 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 9 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 10 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 11 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 12 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 13 San Francisco and Napa
- 14 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 15 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 16 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 17 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 18 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 19 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 20 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 21 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 22 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 23 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 24 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 25 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
Hi all Fodorites,