Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pacific Northwest
- 2 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 3 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 4 Things to do in NYC
- 5 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 6 First time to Alaska
- 7 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 8 24 days out west
- 9 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 10 Hawaii Cruise
- 11 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 12 New York best app
- 13 BBQ
- 14 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 15 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 16 New Orleans Streetcars
- 17 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 18 Anaheim - no car
- 19 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 20 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 21 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 22 Hawaii - where?
- 23 Shenandoah National park
- 24 Parking in NYC staying at Hotel in Times Squar.. Nervous..e
- 25 Florida Nature Trip
Hi all Fodorites,