Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recommendations for beaches south of LA?
Hi all Fodorites,
- 1 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 2 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 3 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 4 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 5 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 6 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 7 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 8 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 9 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 10 hotel near Met NYC
- 11 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 12 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 13 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 16 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 17 Madison Square Garden
- 18 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 19 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 20 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 21 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 22 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 23 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 24 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 25 First time to Austin-San Antonio area