Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recommendations for beaches south of LA?
Hi all Fodorites,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado trip in early May
- 2 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 3 Grand Marais?
- 4 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 5 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 6 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 7 Maine in latter half of September
- 8 Seattle hotels
- 9 Seattle in April
- 10 Seattle Visit April
- 11 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 12 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 13 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 14 Coronado Ferry
- 15 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 16 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 17 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 18 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 19 Colorado trip
- 20 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 21 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 22 DC - WW2 flyover
- 23 Cape cod and Acadia
- 24 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 25 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?