We are travelling to L.A./ San Francisco with mini stays in Camarillo (going to the outlet mall); Carmel by the Sea; and two days in Napa Valley for wine tours/ tastings while in San Francisco. Most of the time however will be in L.A./ San Francisco doing touristy things and we will have a car. We love to eat amazing food when travelling, and would appreciate some recommendations on best restaurants in L.A. and San Francisco. Looking for a combination of 'fancy' places/ 'foodies' top picks (love the food network channel/ Top Chef shows and tried to get reservations at Curtis Stone's 'Maude' restaurant in L.A. but they were fully booked/ 'casual' but still delicious/ and since we are visiting California for the first time, would love some tips on where we might be able to dine and spot celebrities at the same time Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 happy october
- 2 Marfa/Big Bend
- 3 Playing ball yesterday with the baby girl
- 4 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 5 Christmas in Colorado
- 6 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 7 DC Restaurants
- 8 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 9 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 10 JFK to Washington
- 11 Carrie Fishers flirty smile, early 80s.
- 12 Phoenix for the weekend
- 13 Stellarossa: You Should Know Better
- 14 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 15 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 16 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 17 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 18 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 19 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 20 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 21 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 22 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 23 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 24 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 25 San Francisco/wildfire worries
Recommendations? Best Restaurants in L.A./ San Francisco/ Napa Valley!