Posted earlier about going away this weekend for my husband's birthday somewhere in the Northeast. BUT.......it looks like its going to rain pretty heavily on Sunday. A bunch of the places we were considering traveling to (VT, Newport, Annapolis, ME) just don't seem like they'd be much fun in the rain. Since there are always lots of places to visit and things to do, we are thinking of 2 nights in NYC.
We are not really city-people, though we live only 1.5 hours away. We've done all the typical tourist stuff (Statue of Liberty, Time Square, Met, Top of the Rock, etc) and aren't all that interested in "touristy" sightseeing, shopping or crazy nightlife. We want a low-key, romantic, relaxing weekend with a lot of time for chatting, etc. Looking for suggestions on any special events, interesting exhibits, romantic spots, a cozy bar where we could kill a rainy afternoon, etc.
Rainy Weekend in NYC
- 1 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 2 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 RIP Judy Rogers
- 5 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 6 Warm and don't Drive
- 7 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 8 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 9 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 10 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 11 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 12 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 13 hotel near Met NYC
- 14 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 15 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 16 Princeville in January
- 17 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 18 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 19 pa to az
- 20 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 21 Savanah Sojourn
- 22 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 23 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 24 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 25 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?