Posted earlier about going away this weekend for my husband's birthday somewhere in the Northeast. BUT.......it looks like its going to rain pretty heavily on Sunday. A bunch of the places we were considering traveling to (VT, Newport, Annapolis, ME) just don't seem like they'd be much fun in the rain. Since there are always lots of places to visit and things to do, we are thinking of 2 nights in NYC.
We are not really city-people, though we live only 1.5 hours away. We've done all the typical tourist stuff (Statue of Liberty, Time Square, Met, Top of the Rock, etc) and aren't all that interested in "touristy" sightseeing, shopping or crazy nightlife. We want a low-key, romantic, relaxing weekend with a lot of time for chatting, etc. Looking for suggestions on any special events, interesting exhibits, romantic spots, a cozy bar where we could kill a rainy afternoon, etc.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 2 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 3 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 4 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 5 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 6 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 7 Northern California Redwoods
- 8 Seaside, California
- 9 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 10 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 11 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 12 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 13 Denali
- 14 JFK Terminal 8
- 15 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 16 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 17 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 18 Maine in May?
- 19 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 20 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 21 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 22 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 23 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 24 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 25 Bed and Breakfast