Posted earlier about going away this weekend for my husband's birthday somewhere in the Northeast. BUT.......it looks like its going to rain pretty heavily on Sunday. A bunch of the places we were considering traveling to (VT, Newport, Annapolis, ME) just don't seem like they'd be much fun in the rain. Since there are always lots of places to visit and things to do, we are thinking of 2 nights in NYC.
We are not really city-people, though we live only 1.5 hours away. We've done all the typical tourist stuff (Statue of Liberty, Time Square, Met, Top of the Rock, etc) and aren't all that interested in "touristy" sightseeing, shopping or crazy nightlife. We want a low-key, romantic, relaxing weekend with a lot of time for chatting, etc. Looking for suggestions on any special events, interesting exhibits, romantic spots, a cozy bar where we could kill a rainy afternoon, etc.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.xaddition.net/lumidaire
- 2 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 3 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 4 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 5 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 6 San Diego VRBO area
- 7 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 8 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 9 Glacier National Park 2018
- 10 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 11 Muir Woods in October
- 12 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 13 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 14 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 15 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 16 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 17 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 18 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 19 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 20 Colorado Shows Off
- 21 New England Tour
- 22 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 23 help me plan a Cali trip
- 24 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 25 10-hour MIA layover ideas?