Posted earlier about going away this weekend for my husband's birthday somewhere in the Northeast. BUT.......it looks like its going to rain pretty heavily on Sunday. A bunch of the places we were considering traveling to (VT, Newport, Annapolis, ME) just don't seem like they'd be much fun in the rain. Since there are always lots of places to visit and things to do, we are thinking of 2 nights in NYC.
We are not really city-people, though we live only 1.5 hours away. We've done all the typical tourist stuff (Statue of Liberty, Time Square, Met, Top of the Rock, etc) and aren't all that interested in "touristy" sightseeing, shopping or crazy nightlife. We want a low-key, romantic, relaxing weekend with a lot of time for chatting, etc. Looking for suggestions on any special events, interesting exhibits, romantic spots, a cozy bar where we could kill a rainy afternoon, etc.
Rainy Weekend in NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel West Coast
- 2 Colorado in the summer!
- 3 Where to go in Maine?
- 4 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 5 Kennebunkport and....?
- 6 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 7 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 8 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 9 WISCONSIN
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 Jersey City Parking
- 12 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 13 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 14 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 15 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 16 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 17 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 18 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 19 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 20 New York City Restaurants
- 21 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 22 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 23 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 24 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 25 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents