Posted earlier about going away this weekend for my husband's birthday somewhere in the Northeast. BUT.......it looks like its going to rain pretty heavily on Sunday. A bunch of the places we were considering traveling to (VT, Newport, Annapolis, ME) just don't seem like they'd be much fun in the rain. Since there are always lots of places to visit and things to do, we are thinking of 2 nights in NYC.
We are not really city-people, though we live only 1.5 hours away. We've done all the typical tourist stuff (Statue of Liberty, Time Square, Met, Top of the Rock, etc) and aren't all that interested in "touristy" sightseeing, shopping or crazy nightlife. We want a low-key, romantic, relaxing weekend with a lot of time for chatting, etc. Looking for suggestions on any special events, interesting exhibits, romantic spots, a cozy bar where we could kill a rainy afternoon, etc.
Rainy Weekend in NYC
- 1 Albuquerque to Denver
- 2 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 3 Muir Woods from SF, then to Carmel - best plan?
- 4 NYC
- 5 When will the WTC musuem in NYC open?
- 6 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 7 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 8 Kennebunkport Restaurants
- 9 5 State memorial day round trip!
- 10 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 11 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 12 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 13 Whislter or Rocky Mountain?
- 14 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 15 Kennebunkport Restaurants
- 16 Michigan Beaches
- 17 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 18 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 19 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 20 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 21 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 22 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 23 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 24 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 25 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake