Posted earlier about going away this weekend for my husband's birthday somewhere in the Northeast. BUT.......it looks like its going to rain pretty heavily on Sunday. A bunch of the places we were considering traveling to (VT, Newport, Annapolis, ME) just don't seem like they'd be much fun in the rain. Since there are always lots of places to visit and things to do, we are thinking of 2 nights in NYC.
We are not really city-people, though we live only 1.5 hours away. We've done all the typical tourist stuff (Statue of Liberty, Time Square, Met, Top of the Rock, etc) and aren't all that interested in "touristy" sightseeing, shopping or crazy nightlife. We want a low-key, romantic, relaxing weekend with a lot of time for chatting, etc. Looking for suggestions on any special events, interesting exhibits, romantic spots, a cozy bar where we could kill a rainy afternoon, etc.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A day in Boston
- 2 public transportation to and from Freedom Trail from cruiseport
- 3 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 4 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 5 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 6 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 7 Looking for info on visiting the John Day Fossil Beds NM in Oregon
- 8 Trip Starting from New York
- 9 Phone SIM
- 10 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 11 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 12 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 13 New England Canada Road Trip
- 14 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 15 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 16 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 17 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 18 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 19 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 20 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 21 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 22 Newport , RI
- 23 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 24 Nilichik Ak.
- 25 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip