Posted earlier about going away this weekend for my husband's birthday somewhere in the Northeast. BUT.......it looks like its going to rain pretty heavily on Sunday. A bunch of the places we were considering traveling to (VT, Newport, Annapolis, ME) just don't seem like they'd be much fun in the rain. Since there are always lots of places to visit and things to do, we are thinking of 2 nights in NYC.
We are not really city-people, though we live only 1.5 hours away. We've done all the typical tourist stuff (Statue of Liberty, Time Square, Met, Top of the Rock, etc) and aren't all that interested in "touristy" sightseeing, shopping or crazy nightlife. We want a low-key, romantic, relaxing weekend with a lot of time for chatting, etc. Looking for suggestions on any special events, interesting exhibits, romantic spots, a cozy bar where we could kill a rainy afternoon, etc.
Rainy Weekend in NYC
- 1 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 2 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 3 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 4 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 5 hello guys....
- 6 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 7 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 8 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 9 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 10 Albuquerque to Denver
- 11 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 12 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 13 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 14 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 15 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 16 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 17 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 18 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 19 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 20 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 21 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 22 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 23 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 24 Michigan Beaches
- 25 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas