Posted earlier about going away this weekend for my husband's birthday somewhere in the Northeast. BUT.......it looks like its going to rain pretty heavily on Sunday. A bunch of the places we were considering traveling to (VT, Newport, Annapolis, ME) just don't seem like they'd be much fun in the rain. Since there are always lots of places to visit and things to do, we are thinking of 2 nights in NYC.
We are not really city-people, though we live only 1.5 hours away. We've done all the typical tourist stuff (Statue of Liberty, Time Square, Met, Top of the Rock, etc) and aren't all that interested in "touristy" sightseeing, shopping or crazy nightlife. We want a low-key, romantic, relaxing weekend with a lot of time for chatting, etc. Looking for suggestions on any special events, interesting exhibits, romantic spots, a cozy bar where we could kill a rainy afternoon, etc.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Briefly, in WNY
- 2 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 3 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 4 Seattle Airport to Downtown
- 5 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 6 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 7 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 8 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 9 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 10 accessible shuttes from Nashville airport to Omni Hotel
- 11 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 12 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 13 October New England Honeymoon??
- 14 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 15 Zion National Park
- 16 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 17 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 18 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 19 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 20 What to do in Asheville
- 21 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
- 22 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 23 Denver to Yellowstone
- 24 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 25 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO