Posted earlier about going away this weekend for my husband's birthday somewhere in the Northeast. BUT.......it looks like its going to rain pretty heavily on Sunday. A bunch of the places we were considering traveling to (VT, Newport, Annapolis, ME) just don't seem like they'd be much fun in the rain. Since there are always lots of places to visit and things to do, we are thinking of 2 nights in NYC.
We are not really city-people, though we live only 1.5 hours away. We've done all the typical tourist stuff (Statue of Liberty, Time Square, Met, Top of the Rock, etc) and aren't all that interested in "touristy" sightseeing, shopping or crazy nightlife. We want a low-key, romantic, relaxing weekend with a lot of time for chatting, etc. Looking for suggestions on any special events, interesting exhibits, romantic spots, a cozy bar where we could kill a rainy afternoon, etc.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 2 SF and northern California - October
- 3 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 4 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 5 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 6 November redwoods trip
- 7 Yellowstone
- 8 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 9 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 10 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 11 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 12 costco Big island
- 13 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 14 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 15 Which island for R&R?
- 16 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 17 Olympic NP w/toddler
- 18 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 19 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 20 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 21 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 22 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 23 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 24 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 25 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones